Ozark
(member)
04/12/12 11:25 PM
Re: George Zimmerman odds

The Zimmerman/Martin fuss is all about the election in November. Obama needs to "energize" blacks to get 'em out to the polls in droves - otherwise there's little chance of the Dems getting their sorry asses reelected.

I think the White House and the DNC have been on the lookout for a case like this, and this one happened in Florida - a big swing state that Obama needs to carry. Hell, the shooting happened in February, the cops investigated and decided they had no reason to arrest Zimmerman, and it was a MONTH before Sharpton, Jackson, and the media started agitating. I bet there were some serious Democrat strategy meetings before that happened, at which it was decided that THIS was the case to use to stir 'em up.

So far as what happens next, I dunno. Justice has nothing to do with it. It might be decided that pissed-off blacks will take a break from looting and burning their neighborhoods down and will be more motivated in the election if Zimmerman gets off. Or maybe Zimmerman gets convicted and gets a bunch of prison time to show black voters how powerful they are with the Obama administration on their side. My best guess is that Zimmerman beats the state case, then Eric Holder and the Justice Department make a big show of hitting him with federal charges - y'all vote early and often for the 'bro now!

Whatever. Martin was a thug, and Zimmerman's an idiot. I've packed a handgun for a million miles and I'm all for individual gun rights - but I've always tried NOT to be the guy who brought the only gun to the shooting.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5