CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Miscellaneous Stuff >> Swampfox's Joke Section

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | >> (show all)
SwampFoxModerator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Mid Mo

Re: Just For Mel [Re: IIFID]
      #48823 - 07/23/06 04:04 PM

Do you know how to build a bear trap?

You dig a big hole and fill it with ashes then put peas around the edge of the hole.

When a bear walks up to take a pea you kick him in the ash hole.

--------------------
"Being deeply learned and skilled, being well trained and using well spoken words; this is good luck."

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
SwampFoxModerator

Re: Just For Mel [Re: SwampFox]
      #52045 - 08/10/06 08:21 PM

Did you hear about the gay midget that walked into the bar and kissed everybody in the joint ?

--------------------
"Being deeply learned and skilled, being well trained and using well spoken words; this is good luck."

SwampFoxModerator

#52239 - 08/11/06 07:35 PM

Do you know what Pinon Nuts are?

If I give you 2 and I take 1 do you know what we have?

A difference of a Pinon.

--------------------

SwampFoxModerator

#52345 - 08/12/06 02:57 PM

Please join me in remembering a great icon of the entertainment community. The Pillsbury Doughboy died yesterday of a yeast infection and trauma complications from repeated pokes in the belly. He was 71.

Doughboy was buried in a lightly greased coffin. Dozens of celebrities turned out to pay their respects, including Mrs. Butterworth, Hungry Jack, the California Raisins, Betty Crocker, the Hostess Twinkies, and Captain Crunch.
The grave site was piled high with flours.

Aunt Jemima delivered the eulogy and lovingly described Doughboy as a man who never knew how much he was kneaded. Doughboy rose quickly in show business, but his later life was filled with turnovers.

He was not considered a very smart cookie, wasting much of his dough on half-baked schemes. Despite being a little flaky at times he still was a crusty old man and was considered a positive roll model for millions.

Doughboy is survived by his wife Play Dough, two children, John Dough and Jane Dough, plus they had one in the oven. He is also survived by his elderly father, Pop Tart. The funeral was held at 3:50 for about 20 minutes.

If this made you smile for even a brief second, please rise to the occasion and take time to pass it on to someone else who may be having a crumby day and kneads it.

--------------------

SwampFoxModerator

#57051 - 09/07/06 10:10 AM

Once upon a time, a young lad was born without a belly button. In its place was a golden screw. All the doctors told his mother that there was nothing they could do. Like it or not, he was stuck with it.

All the years of growing up were real tough on him, as all who saw the screw made fun of him. He avoided ever leaving his house and thus never made any friends.

One day, a mysterious stranger saw his belly and told him of a swami in Tibet who could get rid of the screw for him. He was thrilled. The next day he took all of his life's savings and bought a ticket to Nepal.

After several days of climbing up steep cliffs, he came upon a giant Monastery. The swami knew exactly why he had come. He was told to sleep in the highest tower of the monastery and the following day when he awoke, the screw would have been removed.

The man immediately went to the room and fell asleep. During the night while he slept, a purple fog floated in an open window, bearing in its mist, a golden screwdriver. In just moments , the screw-driver removed the screw and disappeared out of the window.

The next morning when the boy woke, he saw the golden screw lying on the pillow next to him. Reaching down, he felt his navel, and there was no screw there!

Jubilant, he leaped out of bed, but in seconds, his butt fell off.

The moral to this is "don't screw around with things you don't understand or you'll lose your ass".

--------------------

SwampFoxModerator

#57175 - 09/07/06 07:48 PM

HELGA NEEDS A BEER

It was a hot day in Minnesota.

Helga hung out the wash to dry, put a roast in the oven, and then went downtown to pick up some dry cleaning.

"Gootness, it's hotter Dan hell today," she mused to herself as she walked down Main Street.
She passed a tavern and thought , "Vy nodt?"

So she walked in and took a seat at the bar.
The bartender walked up and asked her what she would like to drink.

"Ya know," Helga said, "it is zo hot, I tink I'll have myself a cold beer."

"Anheuser Busch?" the bartender asked.

Helga blushed and replied, "Vell fine, tanks, und how's yur viener?"

--------------------

SwampFoxModerator

#57548 - 09/11/06 02:53 AM

In ancient Israel, it came to pass that a trader by the name of Abraham Com did take unto himself a young wife by the name of Dot. And Dot Com was a comely woman, broad of shoulder and long of leg. Indeed, she had been called Amazon Dot Com.
She said unto Abraham, her husband, "Why doth thou travel far from town to town with thy goods when thou can trade without ever leaving thy tent?"
And Abraham did look at her as though she were several saddle bags short of a camel load, but simply said, "How, Dear?" And Dot replied, "I will place drums in all the towns and drums in between to send messages saying what you have for sale and they will reply telling you which hath the best price.
And the sale can be made on the drums and delivery made by Uriah's Pony Stable (UPS)."
Abraham thought long and decided he would let Dot have her way with the drums. The drums rang out and were an immediate success. Abraham sold all the goods he had at the top price, without ever moving from his tent.
But this success did arouse envy. A man named Maccabia did secret himself inside Abraham's drum and was accused of insider trading.
And the young man did take to Dot Com's trading as doth the greedy horsefly take to horse flesh.
And, before very long, there were many others and They were called Nomadic Ecclesiastical Rich Dominican Siderites, or NERDS for short.
And lo, the land was so feverish with joy at the new riches and the deafening sound of drums, that no one noticed that the real riches were going to the drum maker, one Brother William of Gates, who bought up every drum company in the land. And indeed did insist on making drums that would work only with Brother Gates' drumheads and drumsticks.
Dot did say, "Oh, Abraham, what we have started is being taken over by others." And as Abraham looked out over the Bay of Ezekiel, (or as it came to be known "eBay" ) he said, "we need a name that reflects what we are," and Dot replied, "Young Ambitious Hebrew Owner Operators." "YAHOO", said Abraham. And that is how it all began.
It wasn't Al Gore after all.

--------------------

SwampFoxModerator

#59068 - 09/20/06 04:32 PM

It had been a horrible week for Henry.

An entomologist (insect scientist) at the local university, he was up for a promotion this year. With the promotion would come tenure. But there was a problem. It was not that he couldn't teach. His Biology 210 classes were always packed, and two years ago he was honored by the undergraduates by being named their favorite teacher.

No, his problem was with his research. He hadn't had a successful research project in several years. The last paper that he'd published was three years ago. In an age of "Publish or Perish," this was not a good situation, particularly for a non-tenured professor.

The week started with a shock. He received notice that his research grants would not be renewed for the coming year. And, if that was not enough, the dean called him into his office to tell him his contract would not be renewed unless he had a paper accepted for publication by a major entomology journal before the end of the school year.

Depressed, he left the University as soon as his morning lecture was over so that he could work in his garden. In the past, this had always had been effective in relieving tension. But to his chagrin, he found most of his roses were dying. On closer examination found they were infested with a parasite.

But what were these insects? They appeared to belong to the order Anapleura. That was strange. Anapleura infected mammals, not plants.

He examined them more closely. Small. Wingless. Definitely a species of Pediculosis, but one he had never seen before.

He gathered up several specimens and rushed to his lab, full of new vigor. He examined the insects in detail and rapidly wrote an article describing this new species of insect.

Well, I'm sure you know the result. The article was immediately accepted by the American Journal of Entomology. His job was saved and he received his most coveted tenure. And, he received a new major grant to study this new species.

You could say he had discovered a new lice on leaf.

--------------------

SwampFoxModerator

#61190 - 09/30/06 08:35 PM

"It's a good thing I had a bag of marijuana instead of a bag of spinach. I'd be dead by now."

-- Willie Nelson, on being busted for pot.

--------------------

SwampFoxModerator

#61600 - 10/03/06 01:52 AM

When I lived in Belgium, there was a special fruit similar to a honeydew that grew in the Ardennes. They trained dogs to sniff the forest floor to find it.
The uncle of the family was training a Lassie pup for the job.
I'll never forget how he would call her back from the woods, loosely translated from the Flemish:
"Come to me, my melon collie baby."

--------------------

Mel

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: Excelsior Springs, MO

#61608 - 10/03/06 02:36 AM

Thanks Swamp Fox.

I really love that joke and I will share it with all of my friends.

--------------------
Member DU, Delta

Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names - John Kennedy

Edited by SwampFox (10/03/06 02:56 PM)

SwampFoxModerator

Re: Just For Mel [Re: Mel]
      #62480 - 10/07/06 04:33 PM

You can lead a horticulture but you can't make her think.

--------------------

Mel

#62482 - 10/07/06 06:21 PM

Hey Swamp Fox,

That may be the best one yet.

--------------------
Member DU, Delta

Edited by SwampFox (10/08/06 10:38 AM)

Ozark

Loc: out in the woods

#63066 - 10/11/06 11:27 AM

Quote:

SwampFox said:
"You can lead a horticulture but you can't make her think."

- Dorothy Parker, circa 1940

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

Re: Just For Mel [Re: Ozark]
      #63176 - 10/11/06 05:34 PM

That has got to be the punch line to a good joke...

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

SwampFoxModerator

Re: Just For Mel [Re: IIFID]
      #65800 - 10/26/06 03:50 AM

A man went to his boss's costume party with nothing on but a young naked woman on his back.

"So what the hell are you supposed to be?" the boss asked.

"I'm a snail." The man replied.

"What a load of crap!" his boss spat. "What's that girl on your back?"

"That's Michelle!" the man replied.

--------------------

SwampFoxModerator

#67646 - 11/03/06 09:58 PM

Two Eskimos sitting in a kayak were chilly. They lit a fire in the craft, it sank. Proving once and for all that you can't have your kayak and heat it.

--------------------

SwampFoxModerator

#68659 - 11/08/06 08:32 PM

Ya, dis is gut

Two Wisconsinites walk into a pet shop near Rhinelander. They head to the bird section and Sven says to Ole, "Dat's dem."

The owner comes over and asks if he can help them.

"Yah sure, ve'll take four of dem dere little budgies in dat cage up dere." says Sven.

The owner puts the budgies in a paper bag. Ole and Sven pay for the birds, leave the shop and get into Sven's pick-up and drive to the top of some big cliffs near Lake Winnebago.

At the cliffs, Sven looks down at the 1000 foot drop and says, "Dis looks like a grand place." He takes two birds out of the bag, puts them on his shoulders and jumps off the cliff.

Ole watches as Sven falls all the way to the bottom, killing himself dead.

Looking down at the remains of his best pal, Ole shakes his head and says: "By yumpin' yiminy, dis budgie jumping is too dangerous for me."

VAIT!!! Dere's MORE!

Moments later Knute arrives up at the cliffs. He's been to the pet shop too, and walks up to the edge of the cliff carrying another paper bag in one hand and a shotgun in the other.

"Hey, Ole. Vatch dis." Knute says.

He takes a parrot from the bag and throws himself over the edge of the cliff. Ole watches as half way down, Knute takes the gun and shoots the parrot. Knute continues to plummet down and down until he hits the bottom and breaks every bone in his body. Ole shakes his head and says, "And I'm never trying dat parrotshooting either."

BUT VAIT!!! Dere's MORE , you betcha!!

Ole is just getting over the shock of losing two friends when Lars appears. He's also been to the pet shop and is carrying a paper bag, out of which he pulls a chicken. Lars grasps the chicken by the legs, holds it over his head, and hurls himself off the cliff and disappears down and down until he hits a rock and breaks his spine.

Once more Ole shakes his head. "First der was Sven with his budgie jumping, den Knute parrotshooting ... and now Lars, hengliding."

--------------------

DjF
little buddie

Loc: staring at an empty mailbox...

#69372 - 11/14/06 10:31 AM

Groaners

1. Two vultures board an airplane, each carrying two dead raccoons. The stewardess looks at them and says, "I'm sorry, gentlemen, only one carrion allowed per passenger."

2. Did you hear that NASA recently put a bunch of Holsteins into low earth orbit? They called it the herd shot 'round the world.

3. Two boll weevils grew up in South Carolina. One went to Hollywood and became a famous actor. The other stayed behind in the cotton fields and never amounted to much. The second one, naturally, became known as the lesser of two weevils.

4. Two Eskimos sitting in a kayak were chilly, but when they lit a fire in the craft, it sank proving once again that you can't have your kayak and heat it, too.

5. A three legged dog walks into a saloon in the Old West.
He slides up to the bar and announces: "I'm looking for the man who shot my paw."

6. Did you hear about the Buddhist who refused Novocain during a root canal? He wanted to transcend dental medication.

7. A group of chess enthusiasts checked into a hotel and were standing in the lobby discussing their recent tournament victories. After about an hour, the manager came out of the office and asked them to disperse. "But why?" they asked, as they moved off. "Because," he said, "I can't stand chess nuts boasting in an open foyer."

8. A woman has twins, and gives them up for adoption. One of them goes to a family in Egypt and is named "Amal." The other goes to a family in Spain; they name him "Juan." Years later, Juan sends a picture of himself to his birth mother. Upon receiving the picture, she tells her husband that she wishes she also had a picture of Amal. Her husband responds, "They're twins!
If you've seen Juan, you've seen Amal."

9. These friars were behind on their belfry payments, so they opened up a small florist shop to raise funds. Since everyone liked to buy flowers from the men of God, a rival florist across town thought the competition was unfair. He asked the good fathers to close down, but they would not. He went back and begged the friars to close. They ignored him. So, the rival florist hired Hugh MacTaggart, the roughest and most vicious thug in town to "persuade" them to close. Hugh beat up the friars and trashed their store, saying he'd be back if they didn't close up shop. Terrified, they did so, thereby proving that: Hugh, and only Hugh, can prevent florist friars.

10. And finally, There was a man who sent ten different puns to friends, in the hope that at least one of the puns would make them laugh. Unfortunately, no pun in ten did.

--------------------
somewhere between "Hi, how can we help you?" and "Get off my lawn!"

Mel

Re: Just For Mel [Re: DjF]
      #69437 - 11/14/06 05:11 PM

Yer right............GROOOOOOOONNNNNNNN!!!!!

--------------------
Member DU, Delta

DjF
little buddie

#69481 - 11/14/06 08:02 PM

well yea...thats why it is in the "Just for Mel" thread...

--------------------

Mel

#69527 - 11/14/06 10:37 PM

Quote:

DjF said:

You obviously have been conditioned over time to accept less than the really good things in life.

--------------------
Member DU, Delta

DjF
little buddie

#69529 - 11/14/06 10:40 PM

Quote:

Mel said:
Quote:

DjF said:

You obviously have been conditioned over time to accept less than the really good things in life.

umm, Mel...there are 7 pages of groaners posted hera...if you think those are the really good things in life, we need to move you to a bigger double wide!!!

--------------------

Mel

#69530 - 11/14/06 10:42 PM

Quote:

DjF said:
Quote:

Mel said:
Quote:

DjF said:

umm, Mel...there are 7 pages of groaners posted hera...if you think those are the really good things in life, we need to move you to a bigger double wide!!!

Zing!!! It went right over your head.

--------------------
Member DU, Delta

DjF
little buddie

#69532 - 11/14/06 10:45 PM

nah I saw it coming, I just ducked!!!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 690 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  SwampFox, JimDog 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 302144

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page