CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Miscellaneous Stuff >> Swampfox's Joke Section

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
SwampFoxModerator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Mid Mo

Re: irishman [Re: SwampFox]
      #35807 - 04/08/06 09:57 PM

Two drunks coming home, stumbled up the country road in the dark.
"Faith, Mike, we've stumbled into the graveyard and here's the stone of a man lived to the age of 103!" "Glory be, Patrick and was it anybody we knew?"
"No, 'twas someone named 'Miles from Dublin'!"

--------------------
"Being deeply learned and skilled, being well trained and using well spoken words; this is good luck."

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
SwampFoxModerator

#36213 - 04/12/06 01:02 AM

Paddy is driving home after downing a few at the local pub. He turns a corner and much to his horror he sees a tree in the middle of the road.
He swerves to avoid it and almost too late realizes that there is yet another tree directly in his path. He swerves again and discovers that his drive home has turned into a slalom course, causing him to veer from side to side to avoid all the trees.
Moments later he hears the sound of a police siren and brings his car to a stop.
The officer approaches Paddy's car and asks him what on earth he was doing.
Paddy tells his story of the trees in the road when the officer stops him mid sentence and says: "Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"

--------------------
"Being deeply learned and skilled, being well trained and using well spoken words; this is good luck."

SwampFoxModerator

#37185 - 04/19/06 01:11 AM

An Englishman, a Scotsman, and an Irishman are all to give speaches to the Deaf Society. All are keen to make an impression on their audience.

The Englishman goes first and to the surprise of his colleagues starts by rubbing first his chest and then his groin. When he finishes the Scotsman and Irishman ask him what he was doing.

Well" he explained" By rubbing my chest I indicated breasts and thus Ladies and by rubbing my groin I indicated balls and thus Gentlemen. So my speech started Ladies and Gentlemen".

On his way up to the podium the Scotsman thought to himself I'll go one better than that English bastard and started his speech by making an antler symbol with his fingers above his head before also rubbing his chest and his groin.

When he finished his colleagues asked what he was doing. "Well" he explained" By imitating antlers and then rubbing my chest and groin I was starting my speech by saying Dear Ladies and Gentlemen".

On his way up to the podium the Irishman thought to himself I'll go one further than those mainland bastards and started his speech by making an antler symbol above his head, rubbing his chest, and then his groin, and then masturbating furiously.

When he finished his colleagues asked him what he was doing. "Well" he explained," by imitating antlers, rubbing my chest and then my groin and then masturbating I was starting my speech by saying -
Deer Ladies and Gentlemen, it gives me great pleasure......."

--------------------

SwampFoxModerator

#39811 - 05/08/06 03:10 PM

An Irishman is strolling along a beach when he finds a bottle. Out of curiosity he picks it up, unscrews the cap and out pops a genie.

The genie grants the Irishman the traditional three wishes.

The Irishman says: " For my first wish, I want a pint of Guinesses'Stout".

Poof! There is a bottle of stout in the Irishman's hand. He drains it off and is about to heave the empty bottle into the ocean when the genie calls out: " STOP"

The genie tells the Irishman that he should keep this bottle -because it will never get empty, no matter how often he drains the bottle.

The genie now says to the Irishman: " "What do you want for your other two wishes?"

The Irishman says: " I'll be having two more of these".

--------------------

SwampFoxModerator

#43143 - 06/03/06 06:18 PM

An Irishman named O'Malley went to his doctor. The doctor, after an examination, sighed and said, "I've some bad news. You have cancer and you'd best put your affairs in order."

O'Malley was shocked, but managed to compose himself and walk into the waiting room, where his son had been waiting.

"Well son, we Irish celebrate when things are good, and we celebrate when things don't go well. In this case, things aren't well. I have cancer. Let's head to the pub and have a few pints."

After 3 or 4 pints, the two were feeling a little less somber. There were some laughs and more beers. They were eventually approached by some of O'Malley's old friends, who were curious as to what the two were celebrating. O'Malley told his friends they were drinking to his impending end. "I have been diagnosed with AIDS."

"The friends gave O'Malley their condolences and they had a couple of more beers.

After the friends left, O'Malley's son leaned over and whispered, "Dad, I thought you said you were dying of cancer, and you just told your friends you were dying of AIDS."

O'Malley said, "I don't want any of them sleeping with your mother after I'm gone."

--------------------

SwampFoxModerator

#52192 - 08/11/06 02:19 PM

At the National Art Gallery in Dublin, a husband and wife were staring at a portrait that had them completely confused. The painting depicted three black men totally naked, sitting on a park bench. Two of the figures had black willies, but the one in the middle had a pink willy.

The curator of the gallery realized that the couple were having trouble interpreting the painting and offered his personal assessment. He went on for over half an hour explaining how it depicted the sexual emasculation of African Americans in a predominately white, patriarchal society. "In fact", he pointed out, "some serious critics believe that the pink willy also reflects the cultural and sociological oppression experienced by gay men in contemporary society."

After the curator left, an Irishman approached the couple and said, "Would you like to know what the painting is really about?"

"Now why would you claim to be more of an expert than the curator of the gallery?" asked the couple.

"Because I'm the guy who painted the picture," he replied. "In fact, there are no African Americans depicted at all. They're just three Irish coal miners. The guy in the middle went home for lunch."

--------------------

SwampFoxModerator

#52305 - 08/12/06 02:01 AM

A wedding occurred just outside Cavan in Ireland.

To keep tradition going, everyone gets extremely drunk and the bride's and groom's families have a storming row and begin wrecking the reception room and generally kicking the chit out of each other. The police get called in to break up the fight.

The following week, all members of both families appear in court. The fight continues in the courtroom until the judge finally brings calm with the use of his gavel, shouting, 'Silence in court!'

The courtroom goes silent and Paddy, the best man, stands up and says, 'Judge, I was the best man at the wedding and I think I should explain what happened.'

The judge agrees and asks Paddy to take the stand. Paddy begins his explanation by telling the court that it is traditional in a Cavan wedding that the best man gets the first dance with the bride.

The judge says, 'OK.'

'Well,' said Paddy, 'after I had finished the first dance, the music kept going, so I continued dancing to the second song, and after that the music kept going and I was dancing to the third song, when all of a sudden the groom leapt over the table, ran towards us and gave the bride an unmerciful kick right between her legs.'

Shocked, the judge instantly responded, 'God, that must have hurt!'

'Hurt?' Paddy replies. 'He broke three of my fingers!'

--------------------

SwampFoxModerator

#74891 - 12/25/06 06:43 PM

Test

--------------------

Mel

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: Excelsior Springs, MO

#74897 - 12/25/06 07:01 PM

Slow day today, huh?

--------------------
Member DU, Delta

Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names - John Kennedy

SwampFoxModerator

Re: irishman [Re: Mel]
      #85999 - 02/24/07 01:38 AM

The test was demonstrating that some joke threads don't show up as active topics.

--------------------

SwampFoxModerator

#86056 - 02/24/07 07:52 PM

Muldoon lived alone in the Irish countryside with only a pet dog for company.

One day the dog died, and Muldoon went to the parish priest and asked, "Father, me dog is dead. Could ya' be saying' a mass for the poor creature?"

Father Patrick replied, "I'm afraid not; we cannot have services for an animal in the church. But there are some Baptists down the lane, and there's no tellin' what they believe. Maybe they'll do somethin' for the creature."

Muldoon said, "I'll go right away Father. Do ya' think $5,000 is enough to donate to them for the service?"

Father Patrick exclaimed, "Sweet Mary, Mother of Jesus! Why didn't ya tell me the dog was Catholic?

--------------------

SwampFoxModerator

#88211 - 03/13/07 08:25 PM

Gallagher opened the morning newspaper and was dumbfounded to read in the obituary column that he had died.
He quickly phoned his best friend, Finney. "Did you see the paper?" asked Gallagher. "They say I died!!"
"Yes, I saw it!" replied Finney. "Where are ye callin' from?"

--------------------

SwampFoxModerator

#88736 - 03/16/07 08:20 PM

A married Irishman went into the confessional and said to his priest, "I almost had an affair with another woman."
The priest said, "What do you mean, almost?"
The Irishman said, "Well, we got undressed and rubbed together, but then I stopped."
The priest said, "Rubbing together is the same as putting it in. You're not to see that woman again. For your penance, say five Hail Mary's and put $50 in the poor box."
The Irishman left the confessional, said his prayers, and then walked over to the poor box. He paused for a moment and then started to leave.
The priest, who was watching, quickly ran over to him saying, "I saw that. You didn't put any money in the poor box!"
The Irishman replied, "Yeah, but I rubbed the $50 on the box, and according to you, that's the same as putting it in!"

--------------------

SwampFoxModerator

#90007 - 03/25/07 07:28 AM

Sister Colleen went into the grog shop and bought a quart of whisky from Murphy, the proprietor. "'Tis for Mother Superior," she said, "for her constipation."

Later that afternoon as Murphy made his way home he found Sister Colleen sitting on a park bench singing away, empty bottle beside her and obviously drunk out of her tree. "Sister Colleen," he said with a shock, "I thought you said the grog was for Mother Superior's constipation?"

"Aye," said Sister Colleen, "and won't she be shittin' when she sees me?"

--------------------

SwampFoxModerator

#90008 - 03/25/07 07:29 AM

Irish Mastermind Champion

Seamus O Brien had been hailed the most intelligent Irish man for three years running. He had topped such shows as Larry Gogans 'Just a Minute Quiz' and 'Quicksilver' (before Bunny Carrs demise). It was suggested by the Irish Mensa board that he should enter into the English Mastermind Championships. He Did, and won a place. On they evening of the competition, Seamus enters from the crowd and placed himself on the Leather Seat and made himself comfortable. The lights dimmed and a spot light pointed at his face.

Magnus said "Seamus, What Subject are you studying?." Seamus responded, "Irish History". Very well said Magnus, Your first Question,

"In what year did the 'Easter Rising take Place?'

Seamus responds .."Pass"

OK said Magnus, "Who was the Leader of the Easter Rising?",

Seamus Responds .."Pass"

OK said Magnus, How long did the Easter Rising Last?"

Seamus Responds.. "Pass"

Instantly, a voice shout from the Crowd, "Good Man Seamus....Tell the English Nothing...."

--------------------

SwampFoxModerator

#90140 - 03/26/07 01:54 PM

One day an Englishman, a Scotsman, and an Irishman walked into a pub together. The proceeded to each buy a pint of Guinness.
Just as they were about to enjoy their creamy beverage three flies landed in each of their pints, and were stuck in the thick head.
The Englishman pushed his beer away from him in disgust.
The Scotsman fished the offending fly out of his beer and continued drinking it as if nothing had happened.
The Irishman too , picked the fly out of his drink, held it out over the beer and then started yelling "SPIT IT OUT, SPIT IT OUT, YOU BASTARD!!!!"

--------------------

SwampFoxModerator

#95708 - 05/06/07 01:54 PM

Bagpipes-(noun)-I understand the inventor of the bagpipes was inspired when he saw a man carrying an indignant, asthmatic pig under his arm. Unfortunately, the man-made object never equalled the purity of sound achieved by the pig.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Q. How do you get two bagpipes to play a perfect unison?
A. Shoot one.

Q. What's the difference between a bagpipe and an onion?
A. No one cries when you chop up an bagpipe.

Q. What's the difference between a bagpipe and a trampoline?
A. You take off your shoes when you jump on a trampoline.

Q. How can you tell a bagpiper with perfect pitch?
A. He can throw a set into the middle of a pond and not hit any of the ducks.

Q. How is playing a bagpipe like throwing a javelin blindfolded?
A. You don't have to be very good to get people's attention.

Q. What's the difference between the Great Highland and Northumbrian bagpipes?
A. The GHB burns longer [but the Northumbrian burns hotter]

Q. What's the difference between a lawnmower and a bagpipe?
A. You can tune the lawnmower, and the owner's neighbors are upset if you borrow the lawnmower and don't return it.

Q. What's the definition of a gentleman?
A. Someone who knows how to play the bagpipe and doesn't.

Q. What's the difference between a dead snake in the road and a dead bagpiper in the road?
A. Skid marks in front of the snake.

Q. What's the range of a bagpipe?
A. Twenty yards if you have a good arm.

Q. What did the bagpiper get on his I.Q. test?
A. Drool.

Q. Why are bagpipers fingers like lightning?
A. They rarely strike the same spot twice.

Q. How can you tell if a bagpipe is out of tune?
A. Someone is blowing into it.

Q. Why is a bagpipe like a Scud missile?
A. Both are offensive and inaccurate.

Q. Why do bagpipers walk when they play?
A. To get away from the sound.

Q. Why do bagpipers always walk when they play?
A. Moving targets are harder to hit.

Q. What does a bagpiper wear under his kilt?
A. Shoes and socks.

Q. Why do they call it a "kilt"?
A. Because a lot of people got kilt when they called it a skirt.

Q. What's one thing you never hear people say?
A. Oh, that's the bagpipe player's Porsche.

Q: What's the difference between a Scotsman and a Rolling Stone?
A: A Rolling Stone says "hey you, get off of my cloud!", while a Scotsman says "Hey McLeod, get off of my ewe!"

Q. What's the difference between a bagpiper and a frog?
A. The frog might be getting a gig.

--------------------

SwampFoxModerator

#95992 - 05/08/07 01:09 PM

Why do Scotsmen wear kilts?

Because, after a while, the sound of a zipper spooks the sheep.

--------------------

SwampFoxModerator

#95999 - 05/08/07 01:26 PM

At a U2 concert in Ireland , Bono (the lead singer) asks the audience for some quiet. Then he starts to slowly clap his hands.

Holding the audience in total silence, he says into the microphone.... "I want you to think about something. Every time I clap my hands, a child in Africa dies."

A voice from the front of the audience yells out...."Then fookin stop clapping, ya arsehole!"

--------------------

SwampFoxModerator

#108232 - 08/09/07 01:33 PM

"Ya'know," said the Scotsman, "I still prefer the pubs back home.

In Glasgow, there's a little bar called Mc Tavish's. Now the landlord there goes out of his way for the locals that when you buy four drinks he will buy the fifth drink for you."

"Well," said the Englishman, "at my local, The Red Lion, the barman there will buy the third drink after you buy the first two."

"Ahhhh, that's nuthin'," said the Irishman. "Back home in Dublin there's Ryan's Bar. Now the moment ya set foot in the place they buy ya a drink, then another, all the drinks ya like. Then when ya've had enough drinks they'll take ya upstairs and see that ya get laid, and it's all on the house."

The Englishman and Scotsman immediately scorn the Irishman's claims, but he swears every word is true. "Well," said the Englishman, "did
this actually happen to you?"

"Not me, meself, personally, no," said the Irishman. "But it did happen to me sister."

--------------------

SwampFoxModerator

#144509 - 03/10/08 03:21 PM

Paddy was found dead in his back yard, and as the weather was a bit on the warm side, the wake was held down to only two days, so his mortal remains wouldn't take a bad turn. At last his friends laid him in the box, nailed it shut & started down the hill into the churchyard.
As it was a long, sloping path and the mourners were appropriately tipsy, one fellow lurched into the gatepost as they entered the graveyard. Suddenly a loud knocking came from in the box. Paddy was alive!
They opened the box up and he sat up, wide eyed, and they all said, Sure, it's a miracle of God! All rejoiced & they went back and had a few more drinks but later that day, the poor lad died. Really died. Stone cold dead.
They bundled him back into his box, and as they huffed and puffed down the hill the next morning, the priest said, "Careful now, boys; mind ye don't bump the gatepost again"

--------------------

SwampFoxModerator

#179586 - 03/14/09 11:22 PM

St. Patricks Day is an excuse for the rest of the world to party and fight and get drunk.

To the Irish, its just Tuesday.

--------------------

SwampFoxModerator

#179789 - 03/17/09 12:54 AM

On the t*ts of a barmaid named Gayle,

Were tattooed prices of beer, stout, and Ale,

And on her behind,

For the sake of the blind,

Was precisely the same, but in Braille.

--------------------

SwampFoxModerator

#214738 - 03/09/11 12:40 PM

Paddy's Not At Worik Today

--------------------

Ozark

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: out in the woods

Twitchet [Re: SwampFox]
      #214742 - 03/09/11 03:34 PM

Thanks for posting that. I sent the link to Paddy's Sick Note to most everyone I know.

P. Diddy (Paul Dallas) has me reading a book about the Ozarks - "Home Grown Stories & Home Fried Lies" by Mitch Jayne. If you want to read something that's fun all the way through, I'd recommend that you get it. Here's a typical story from the book:

Old Man Wickard's Story about how he married Myrtle.

Old man Wickard was a neighbor of mine during one of the few times I lived in town and he had this nice wife Myrtle who looked like everybody's grandma.

"Well, I was runnin' moonshine whiskey, over in Indiany" he told me one night, "and me and this other feller had took a couple of girls along for the company. Had a trunk load of Kentucky whiskey and was taking it to Terry-Haute, you see. Had to keep to the back roads dodging the laws and never went near no towns or nothing.

Well, we was having a big old time drinking, you know, filling those girls up with big lies and moonshine and finally we had to stop because all of us had to pee. Well, the other girl she went over to the ditch and squatted, but Myrtle, my girl, she just stood up there with us two men, just like a little rooster, you know.

I says 'Myrtle what are you a-doing?' and she jist reached down and grabbed hold of her twitchet some way and kind of corked her leg up and p!ssed plumb over three strands of bob wire fence. I'd never seen anything like it in my life. So then we went on to Terry-Haute and got married."

The author says he was never able to look at Myrtle quite the same way again.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3393 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  SwampFox, JimDog 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 22105

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page