CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | >> (show all)
HAUS
member for now

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: Paradise

Re: Cards....... [Re: last_stand]
      #254734 - 03/28/17 08:18 AM

Like Big Dan T said one time..

"It's all about the money boys!!"

--------------------
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day..

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

Re: Cards....... [Re: HAUS]
      #254770 - 04/03/17 06:07 AM

If Johnny Peralta is our clean up guy I think this team might be in trouble.

Shades of '16 were around....the inexcusable mental error by Carp and what 1-11 with risp?

Mikey, Grichuk ain't a #8 hitter.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

wuchangAdministrator
spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World

Loc: uphill

#254771 - 04/03/17 06:52 AM

Too bad that 6 foot-6 Martinez isn't a third baseman

That guy can hit

161 more to go--

hope you are wrong about the 2016 thing but they left a lot of ducks on the pond last night

last_stand

Re: Cards....... [Re: wuchang]
      #254772 - 04/03/17 08:51 AM

I don't expect to see Carp make a mental mistake like that again AND he gets a pass being new to first.

This thing with Wong's head is already old. If he can hit the baseball, he will play. If he can't he's got to deal with that himself and not be a team distraction. Matheney needs to lay it out and make the situation clear I think he's trying to do that.

--------------------

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

#254773 - 04/03/17 10:51 AM

Wong has headworms and a dolt like Matheny doesn't have a clue how to deal with it/him. Either Wong gets a shot, succeeds and maintains it or the Cards have to find a place for him that is not on the active MLB roster. He has the talent but has scrambled-brain between the ears. Hard to imagine him drawings much interest on the trade market. Between the salary and his known mental issues, what would anyone give for him? At best they get a late-round draft pick and have to eat some of his salary.

Peralta will be replaced as the #4 hitter by Girchuk or Piscotty by end of May. Highly unlikely he stays in the #4 slot for long.

It is total BS that a pitcher can blow a save and get a win. Someone needs to call MLB and have that idiotic deal changed.

Cubs can't sell beer all year now... They lost the opener...

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

HAUS
member for now

Re: Cards....... [Re: sptsman]
      #254774 - 04/03/17 11:11 AM

wong would have started the game if the cubs had started a right-handed pitcher..

it's not that hard to figure out

and gyorko ain't the one blocking wong from playing everyday.. it's peralta

I imagine they're giving peralta every chance to prove he's worth starting. it's hard to sit 10 million dollars on the bench. Once he doesn't, he's gone!

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

#254775 - 04/03/17 02:08 PM

Cubs fans are too busy telling everyone they won the 2016 World Series and buying gear to care about 2017 baseball. Just like the 2015 Royals. Cry Baby Madden is a genius, Heyward is coming around, and STL fans are all delusional assholes, who should be worried because their team didn't make the playoffs for the first time in 6 seasons. Bartman can finally come out of hiding and people can stop buying goats on the North Side of Shitcago.......and all over America. I thought the Royals had some bandwagon folks. I've never seen so much new Flubs gear in the airports or around the country in bars and restaurants. Who knew there were so many losers in America.

Speacking of the Royals.......Hell we don't even have a 2017 Royals thread on opening day, which goes to show the level of excitement from the bandwagon bunch. I guess the offseason pickups of Brandon, I'll hit 20 HR but bat .210 while striking out 150 times, and Seth Maness didn't excite the west siders. Probably trying to figure out how the Chiefs took another early round exit in the playoffs. Maybe a win today in Minnesoooooota will get some excitement in this dump.

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

last_stand

#254776 - 04/03/17 05:52 PM

Quote:

HAUS said:
wong would have started the game if the cubs had started a right-handed pitcher..

it's not that hard to figure out

and gyorko ain't the one blocking wong from playing everyday.. it's peralta

I imagine they're giving peralta every chance to prove he's worth starting. it's hard to sit 10 million dollars on the bench. Once he doesn't, he's gone!

I thought Wong was blocking Wong.

We have a chance to be pretty good up the middle. Signed Yadi, picked up Fowler, Diaz playing better in second half of last year..... next thing I know is Wong having a tantrum about not facing lefties or not being told about it.

If he hits lefties, he can face them. And for once in a Blue moon Sportsmn is right, Matheney needs to explain as he goes.......... he can't treat his players like he does the fans.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

HAUS
member for now

#254784 - 04/04/17 08:30 AM

let's say you've got two spots on the infield to fill on any given day. who are you going to pick from the following:

wong, gyorko, peralta?

me personally, I'm going with wong & gyorko. I've never been impressed with peralta. Yeah, he can hit the long ball now & then, but his range on the field sucks and that's why he's at third now.

thankfully we don't get all the inner city, tabloid horse chit sports newspaper articles y'all get up there, so our views down here are not as skewed or swayed as yours..

it's nice to be able to watch a game on teevee (with the mute on) and then go to bed, with my own opinion of how the game was played without all the "expert" drama being interjected while I watch... And if I do have a question on what my opinion should be, I've always got sptsman to set us all straight..

--------------------

sptsman

#254786 - 04/04/17 09:07 AM

Quote:

HAUS said: And if I do have a question on what my opinion should be, I've always got sptsman to set us all straight..

Geeze, it didn't take my kids this long to figure it out. but at least you finally did. Better late than never.

Try this on: Peralta, Wong and Gyorko are all mediocre players and interchangeable. Play the one that is hot and sit the one that is not... Pretty simple. Of course Wong has the most talent and could easily be a "star" in this league. But what good is that when he can't make it through a day without some sort of drama about his situation. Someone needs to tell him to STFU and just play. Is George Hendrick around to coach him on media relations?

--------------------

HAUS
member for now

#254787 - 04/04/17 09:40 AM

I have had people in restaurants stop my wife & I and tell us how well behaved our kids are. I tell them that the beatings must be working...

--------------------

last_stand

#254789 - 04/04/17 04:05 PM

By "good up the middle", that has to include D.

So right there, Wong has the best upside now whether he can actually reach his potential is another thing.

I prefer Wong at 2nd and Gyorko at third but the guy has to be competent against lefties.

Peralta can get hot and help this team too but that 4 hole for him is a death move imo.

Looks like they will get the game in tonight. Lots of talk from Waino this Spring, time to deliver.

I know Haus, you don't have a clue what he's been saying. bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#254790 - 04/04/17 04:26 PM

Peralta will be injured by May 15th. That should help solve your problems. Gyorko at 3rd. Wong at 2nd. Diaz st SS

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: Cards....... [Re: H2ODOG]
      #254791 - 04/04/17 04:47 PM

Fowler
Diaz
Carpenter
Grichuck
Gyorko
Molina
Piscotty
Wong
Pitcher

Carp and Grichuck could be switched. Carp is a doubles hitting machine. That's just as good for clearing the bases he hits to the alley with power and drives the ball to ge wall. Plenty of depth to score a guy from first, with the speed assess of him. Randall has shown flashes of power. The late season AAA trip seemed to help him out. When he is seeing the ball, he is very good at crushing a ball. Molina, Gyorko, and Piscotty move up or down depending on how hot they are. Molina strikes out the least, but Jed has the best power so I put him in the 5 hole. From top to bottom it's a really balanced lineup with good power throughout and people who can hit for an average with above average speed. Not a bunch of 30 HR guys but I'll take 6 of them hitting 20+ this year.

--------------------

HAUS
member for now

#254795 - 04/05/17 02:02 PM

Tornader hit my home town last evening.

Thank God no one was seriously hurt or killed.

No damage at my place. We live 5 miles east of town out in the country, but my wife & two of my young'ins were just about caught in it while driving. She didn't have any notice of it.
My oldest & myself were driving back from his canceled ballgame in Joplin. We pulled off in Neosho and took shelter in the high school. You might be the manliest of men, but it'll shake your core when you're separated from your loved ones in a moment like that. Once the twister hit, power was out for 10 miles, cell signals were next to zero.
Crap is happening too often down here.. I got a life's worth of the reality from Joplin. Don't want no more of it for myself or anyone else.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

#254796 - 04/05/17 04:04 PM

Good to hear you and yours were unscathed Haus!

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

HAUS
member for now

Re: Cards....... [Re: griffin]
      #254797 - 04/05/17 06:01 PM

I appreciate it!

Thanks for allowing a dude to vent.

--------------------

sptsman

#254798 - 04/05/17 08:07 PM

Quote:

HAUS said:
Tornader hit my home town last evening.

Thank God no one was seriously hurt or killed.

No damage at my place. We live 5 miles east of town out in the country, but my wife & two of my young'ins were just about caught in it while driving. She didn't have any notice of it.
My oldest & myself were driving back from his canceled ballgame in Joplin. We pulled off in Neosho and took shelter in the high school. You might be the manliest of men, but it'll shake your core when you're separated from your loved ones in a moment like that. Once the twister hit, power was out for 10 miles, cell signals were next to zero.
Crap is happening too often down here.. I got a life's worth of the reality from Joplin. Don't want no more of it for myself or anyone else.

That is some scary chit dude. Especially with the memory of the Jopin tornado so fresh. Give them all a big hug and give thanks to the man above for all of your blessings. Glad it all worked out OK.

Personally, I'm glad is all OK because I still have so much to teach you...

--------------------

wuchangAdministrator

#254799 - 04/05/17 08:26 PM

Raised in Okieland so I know what it is like

Glad all worked out for you and the family

Maybe those 'beatings' were really deposits in the Karma Bank

last_stand

#254800 - 04/05/17 09:14 PM

Tornado alley!

Great to hear every one came out safe Haus!

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#254804 - 04/05/17 10:07 PM

Glad everyone is safe Todd. Scary chit for sure. Had one form and come down, but picked back up before It did any damage a few weeks ago here at the house. It's that time of year. Glad y'all had no damage or injuries

--------------------

HAUS
member for now

#254807 - 04/06/17 10:14 AM

it's becoming a fact of life recently. once you get past the initial shock, you can start seeing the positives of it all.

How bout them Redbirds? Cubs were so scared of em yesterday, they had to cancel the game..

--------------------

sptsman

#254847 - 04/10/17 06:24 AM

Glad MM worked so hard to improve their defense this year. Hard to imagine playing any worse than last year but they have managed to be even worse defensively than last year and I didn't think that was possible. Beyond the errors on the score sheet (3 yesterday alone!!), this team is still so fundamentally poor it is embarrassing. I really can't see how they can keep MM for the entire season if this doesn't get cleaned-up and improve. How does a big-league player not what base to throw to? How does a MLB team justify putting players in positions they are clearly not capable of playing? This has turned into some sort of circus act. "Come one, come all; see the infielder play outfield and watch what happens..."

Just like last year, these games are really hard to watch...

--------------------

wuchangAdministrator

#254850 - 04/10/17 07:05 AM

To quote that philosopher Yogi Berra

"It's like déjà vu all over again."

last_stand

#254860 - 04/10/17 04:54 PM

Matt Adams to the outfield.

My god, I am considering pulling a griffin and tell ya'll I'm not watching any more.

How many forkin games did this team lose because of defense last year??

I love Matt Adams. Can't even recognize him for all the work he has done to change his physique. But not in the outfield, not on ANY regular basis. Listening to Matheney on MLB network explain this " experiment " was akin to having my teeth pulled.

Hell if this keeps up put Adams on first and Matt back to third and put Martinez in the outfield........but GET THE BEST DEFENSE YOU CAN out on the field.

Jesus Christ Lord Almighty gimme a a bottle of ambien!! !!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 389 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 9211

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page