CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: 1
sptsman

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: Missouri

U.S. Open - Erin Hills
      #255261 - 06/14/17 06:47 AM

Welp, 2nd major championship. If we're going to have a grand slam, Sergio has to win it. And that's a very real possibility.

Lots of talk about the fescue rough along the entire course but the fairways are wide and there are 1st and 2nd cuts before they get into the crazy stuff. As Rory says, if you are one of the best 150+ golfers in the world and can't keep your ball in a 50-80 yd. wide fairway, you should pack your clubs and go home. That being said, there will be some guys that find themselves in it and it will be fun to watch how they choose to play it. Most will take the 1 stroke penalty for an unplayable lie and move on. That is assuming, of course they can even find it and don't have to declare a lost ball. Should be fun to watch the ones that try to hit out of that stuff...

And it is playing 7,700 yards. That is a loooong course by any standard. Going to require long, straight drives and putting will likely separate the champions from the impostors, as always.

I think the winner will come from the group of Dustin Johnson, Sergio and Bubba Watson. I can also see one of the euro players sneaking in and winning because they might be a little more comfortable with a course like this. They have lots of them across the pond. Rory comes to mind but he is coming off an injury and may not be 100%. Perhaps Lee Westwood will be our euro player that embraces the course and wins it.

Going to be fun to watch!!

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

Re: U.S. Open - Erin Hills [Re: sptsman]
      #255262 - 06/14/17 08:41 AM

I will see the final 2 hours of it if lucky, but at least that should be the best to see.

Sergio takes 20 years to get his first and now you're thinking grand slam?

Straight long drives should pay off well. I think a newbie get this one.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Loc: Lemmingstan

Re: U.S. Open - Erin Hills [Re: last_stand]
      #255273 - 06/18/17 02:24 PM

Koepka or Fowler.....

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: U.S. Open - Erin Hills [Re: sptsman]
      #255274 - 06/18/17 04:20 PM

Quote:

sptsman said:
Welp, 2nd major championship. If we're going to have a grand slam, Sergio has to win it. And that's a very real possibility.

Lots of talk about the fescue rough along the entire course but the fairways are wide and there are 1st and 2nd cuts before they get into the crazy stuff. As Rory says, if you are one of the best 150+ golfers in the world and can't keep your ball in a 50-80 yd. wide fairway, you should pack your clubs and go home. That being said, there will be some guys that find themselves in it and it will be fun to watch how they choose to play it. Most will take the 1 stroke penalty for an unplayable lie and move on. That is assuming, of course they can even find it and don't have to declare a lost ball. Should be fun to watch the ones that try to hit out of that stuff...

And it is playing 7,700 yards. That is a loooong course by any standard. Going to require long, straight drives and putting will likely separate the champions from the impostors, as always.

I think the winner will come from the group of Dustin Johnson, Sergio and Bubba Watson. I can also see one of the euro players sneaking in and winning because they might be a little more comfortable with a course like this. They have lots of them across the pond. Rory comes to mind but he is coming off an injury and may not be 100%. Perhaps Lee Westwood will be our euro player that embraces the course and wins it.

Going to be fun to watch!!

What is this jibberish?

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Loc: Lemmingstan

Re: U.S. Open - Erin Hills [Re: griffin]
      #255280 - 06/20/17 05:18 PM

Am I not going to get any props for picking the winner????

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 64 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 274

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page