CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | >> (show all)
last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: griffin]
      #256229 - 11/01/17 10:38 AM

Curious, is the duck hunting around Nashville any good?

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: last_stand]
      #256230 - 11/01/17 01:05 PM

I doubt it, but the partying is. You can actually stay downtown after a hockey game and have a great time. My daughters and I have 2 trips down there planned to watch the Preds. (money that would have gone to my Blouse hockey seats and vendors).

Maybe the Blouse can win my money back for next year.....we'll see. One thing's for sure, the days of my loyalty, with nothing in return from that team, are over.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

last_stand

#256233 - 11/02/17 06:00 AM

Yeah yeah got that some time ago. You go get your big return watching the preds....good forking grief......maybe buy one of those ugly sweaters they wear down there. bwaaaaaaa

--------------------

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

#256237 - 11/02/17 09:35 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
I doubt it, but the partying is. You can actually stay downtown after a hockey game and have a great time. My daughters and I have 2 trips down there planned to watch the Preds. (money that would have gone to my Blouse hockey seats and vendors).

Maybe the Blouse can win my money back for next year.....we'll see. One thing's for sure, the days of my loyalty, with nothing in return from that team, are over.

griffin

Go get 'em Walt...

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

last_stand

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: sptsman]
      #256243 - 11/03/17 05:32 AM

The only good thing I saw there last night was Jake Allen.

Had their chances but couldn't finish.

--------------------

sptsman

#256248 - 11/05/17 07:06 AM

Looks like a pretty solid team. Winning the grinding games. Winning the track meet games. Still haven't lost back-to-back games. Always some things to work on but impressive so far.

Can't wait to see the February/March version of this team. In the meantime, what a fun ride. Sure glad I didn't take some goofy stand about them. It would be a shame not to be enjoying this...

--------------------

last_stand

#256249 - 11/05/17 03:09 PM

While not perfect by any stretch I thought the win against the high powered offense but no D Toronto team was somewhat revealing.

We took what they gave us, which was a lot, and beat them at their own game.

The Blues are balanced. That Petro guy looks good I think we should keep him. bwaaaa They got back on their checking game. They absolutely positively have to maintain high intensity team play if they want to get something done this year. It's the only way they can stay up in the West. We need a second line winger too, getting him without giving up the store will be a trick. Kyrou and Thompson are tearing it up down under, maybe it's time to give one of them a shot.

Hopefully griffin will give us updates on his Pred team and how his return is working out. I saw they won back to back games but heard they gave up 3 unanswered goals in the third to squeak out the second game. If I got this right, a shaky third period is still not actually a good return on his money but will have to wait on his report to be sure. bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256250 - 11/05/17 08:03 PM

Quote:

sptsman said:
Looks like a pretty solid team. Winning the grinding games. Winning the track meet games. Still haven't lost back-to-back games. Always some things to work on but impressive so far.

Can't wait to see the February/March version of this team. In the meantime, what a fun ride. Sure glad I didn't take some goofy stand about them. It would be a shame not to be enjoying this...

I enjoy all hockey so there is always something good to see. I don't care about anything, when it comes to the Blouse, but winning a Stanley Cup. There is not a single thing they can do, other than that, which would cause me to have more than a passing interest....because I enjoy decent hockey.

For the Blues......that's it. Win it all. There's nothing else that matters.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

sptsman

#256251 - 11/06/17 07:10 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
I enjoy all hockey so there is always something good to see. I don't care about anything, when it comes to the Blouse, but winning a Stanley Cup. There is not a single thing they can do, other than that, which would cause me to have more than a passing interest....because I enjoy decent hockey.

For the Blues......that's it. Win it all. There's nothing else that matters.

griffin

So let's analyze the absurdity of this post. You enjoy good hockey and the Blues are arguably playing the best hockey in the NHL... But because that good hockey is being played by the team that has let you down in the past, it isn't good enough to watch until they win a Cup. But if they win a Cup, you will have not enjoyed it because you didn't watch it because it was played by your ex-team, which will no longer be your ex-team because they won a Cup.

I'm getting dizzy trying to follow the logic or more accurately, the lack of logic. But alas, I won't lose any sleep knowing a once proud and mildly knowledgeable Blues fan has fallen off the wagon (and apparently hit his head quite hard).

Go Blues or Preds or whoever...

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256252 - 11/07/17 10:31 AM

I watch the Blouse whenever they are on......but that team can't win a cup, and that's all I care about.

Does that make it easy for you?

griffin

--------------------

sptsman

#256253 - 11/07/17 11:01 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
I watch the Blouse whenever they are on......but that team can't win a cup, and that's all I care about.

Does that make it easy for you?

griffin

Clear as mud...

By the way, the "blouse" thing is making you look sort of, well, dumb and uninformed. They're 4th best in the NHL, in hits (also, #1 in the NHL, for Takeaway/Giveaway ratio). In short, this team is not only much faster and better than previous Blues teams, it is pretty tough as well... Maybe, just maybe that's why they're one of the best team in the NHL so far... Just an observation.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256255 - 11/07/17 11:28 AM

Maybe, we'll see.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256261 - 11/07/17 07:39 PM

Clearly, this team is playing really well right now. I hope they keep it up.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#256263 - 11/08/17 05:53 AM

bwaaaa....I need a score card....now it's Cup or bust........dude we agree one one thing, you are no Blues fan any longer.

A weak first, a better second and then perhaps the best third of the year.

Trap game coming up. They best stay focused and come off that third period.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256264 - 11/08/17 09:05 AM

Yeah, I want to be, but I'm really not. There are still enough guys on that team that I don't like at all....and never will. I don't care what they do.

In fact, I'd be pissed if Stastny, Steen, Berglund, and Pietrangelo get their names on the cup as Blues. Those guys are quitters in my book and always have been.

I do like Dunn, Schwartz, Schenn, and Paryako quite a bit and think they bode well for the team's future. I think the like of Tarasenko, Schwartz, and Schenn have the ability and chemistry to be the league's top line this year.

But yeah, you're right......I find it hard to be a fan of the organization anymore.

griffin

--------------------

sptsman

#256268 - 11/08/17 01:44 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
In fact, I'd be pissed if Stastny, Steen, Berglund, and Pietrangelo get their names on the cup as Blues. Those guys are quitters in my book and always have been.

Did you used to take your ball and go home when things didn't go your way as a kid?

I can sort of see your frustration with Stastny but he has come around to exactly what they signed him for. And I feel about the same way as you about Berglund, he is a slug. But Pietro and Steen? Really? How drunk do you get when you watch hockey? Pietro has been an up and coming defenseman since he arrived and has finally developed into a Norris Trophy-caliber player. Anyone that knows anything about hockey knows it takes years to develop as a top tier defenseman in the HNL. When the fork did he ever quit on anything? And Steen had one down year last year. Every other year, including this year, he has been one of the best values on the team. In fact this year, he has been stellar!!

You are the living and breathing example of cutting off your nose to spite your face...

Go Blue!!

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256269 - 11/08/17 01:59 PM

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/hockey/pr...dc07e8ce39.html

This could be good.

I'm not a Petro fan.....never have been and never will be. He's Jackman without the toughness. Disappears when the play gets tough. His trade value is high enough.....get someone in the room who has actually won something. For chrissakes, his contract is nearly the same as Karlsson, Seabrooke, and Doughty.....and he's not playing their game. For that matter, go have a look at the top 20 paid defensemen and, outside of Shittinhispantskirk , find one you wouldn't take over the Blouse Captain....gimme a break. Watch what the big bad C does when Tarasenko starts getting ran in the playoffs...NOTHING.

Steen will do a disappearing act when the play gets tough in the playoffs as well (if he lasts that long).....just as always.

The team couldn't win in the playoffs with these guys.....ship them off and get some new blood on this team that has a chance to be really good.

--------------------

last_stand

#256270 - 11/08/17 05:30 PM

bwaaa....now you WANT a Russian?? Good grief.

And you hate quitters? bwaaaaaaaaaa

If you would take Seabrooke over Petro right now, you need to check your self into a psych ward. I'll throw in Keith too.

Petro, right now, is a top 10 maybe even top 5 D man in the league whether you like it or not.

And when was the last time you saw Sid Crosby beat somebody up?

You need to go full circle and root for the Blues to loose. That's what all this is really about anyway, being "right'.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256272 - 11/08/17 09:02 PM

Dude....I know it's early and there's time for your boy yet....but he ain't top 5...for Petes sake....he's #4 defenseman +/- on his own team....AND HE'S ON THE PP!!

My bet is he ends up right there in the end....just before his disppearing act.

And did you just compare Pietrangeblow to Crosby as a C?

--------------------

sptsman

#256275 - 11/09/17 08:21 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
Dude....I know it's early and there's time for your boy yet....but he ain't top 5...for Petes sake....he's #4 defenseman +/- on his own team....AND HE'S ON THE PP!!

Dude, you are seriously butt-hurt... You are damaged...

I'm going to enjoy the ride. And when they slump, and they will slump some time this year, I'll be the first to criticize those deserving of criticism. But to pout like a 3rd grader that didn't get his way and miss out on the fun of what's going on right now is sort of insane!! Oh well, enjoy your Predators....

Oh, and let me explain to you what's happened in the NHL over the past 5-10 years. Fighting is waaaay down. Enforcers are few and far between. Players like Tarasenko are 6' 230 lbs. Most of them have learned to take care of themselves. They don't need their top defenseman and captain spending 5 mins in the box to show somebody like you how tough they are. And on the rare occasions when players need to step in to help, every player on the Blues this year has been right there, front and center. This might be the most cohesive team since I've been watching them.

If you think all but 3 or 4 GM's in the NHL wouldn't trade their top defenseman for Pietro, you are clueless. He has emerged as one of the top 5, without question. Watch the Norris Trophy voting at the end of the season. I'll bet you a set of Predators tickets for the 2018-2019 season that he finishes in the top 5, if he doesn't win it, barring injury (of course I buy you Preds tickets and you buy me Blues tickets). And in a few years Parayko will be right there too. Thanks to Doug Armstrong.

Still can't stop chuckling about the Seabrook comparison. You've posted some crazy stuff, to be sure but that one takes the cake... Seabrook ... Really? The -1 Seabrook (Pietro is +6)? The 5 point total Seabrook (Pietro has 15)? The 32 year-old Seabrook that Chicago wants to run out of town because he's not playing up to the level they expect? Yeah, go ahead and hang your hat on a defenseman that past his prime 2-3 years ago. Oh, and Karrlson is -1 as well...

Carry on Preds fan. Looking forward to the next kooky post...

Go Blues!!

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256276 - 11/09/17 09:00 AM

Where did you two goofballs get the idea I'm not enjoying this season? I think I may have missed 2 games so far. I like this version of the Blouse better than any other version in the last 3-5 years. The line of Schenn, Shwartz (been a fan since he came here), and Tarasenko is awesome. They finally have a coach who will let Bortuzzo roll. Parayko is a future all-star. Having Sobotka back was always going to be a good thing. Dunn will end up being a favorite of mine.

I don't give a rats arse about Steen, Statsny, Petro, Berglund, or Bowmiester......move them all for all I care. Each one of those houdini mofos will disappear in the playoffs like they have EVERY SINGLE TIME THEY HAVE BEEN THERE. Fork them.

And dude......I couldn't even tell you the Preds record. But I'mma have a blast in Nashville watching my kid run at Vandy (awesome indoor facility, probably the best in the NCAA) and seeing some NHL hockey in a great town.

The Blouse get no money from me until they win a cup.....PERIOD.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#256277 - 11/09/17 10:23 AM

Quote:

griffin said:

Plus-minus huh? I guess you really like to argue.

He's 2 under Doughty and he's 8 better than Karlsson. What do you learn from that?

He has already finished top five for Norris twice. Getting the picture are you how he might be top 5 now?

He was 5th in D takeaway last year.

He was 2nd in turnover plus/minus last year for D men.

The guy effectively wins pucks and moves pucks and blocks pucks in a style you don't like. Cry me a river.

Now you say you enjoy watching a team who has a bunch of players you hate and are no longer a fan of? Enjoy them as you wait for and bet them to lose? bwaaaaaaaaaaaa you got yourself twisted up like a pretzel and lemme tell you I'm gettin dizzy trying to follow each days new message.

I'm done with this goofy chit conversation. It's a long season. You go your way I'll go mine 11th seed, 5th seed what the fork ever seed I'll b1tch and cry and cheer them on like I have the last 50 years.

Go Blue!

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256278 - 11/09/17 11:28 AM

C'mon dude.....+/- is ALL you can get out of Pietrangeblow as a marker. It ain't like Houdini will be #4 in the league in scoring, like Karlsson, or the #1 scorer in the playoffs and win a cup like Doughty, or even get close to a Norris like these two former winners.

Homer.......go watch some hockey.

griffin

--------------------

fastman

Reged: 01/01/06
Loc: missouri

#256281 - 11/10/17 03:42 AM

I'm done with this goofy chit conversation. It's a long season. You go your way I'll go mine 11th seed, 5th seed what the fork ever seed I'll b1tch and cry and cheer them on like I have the last 50 years.

Go Blue!

AMEN TO DAT!!!!!!!

It's karma LS With loyal fans such as us & Bubba & sportsdude the karma is strong. Along with griefs bad karma gone ......it's all good

as always

--------------------
"A man will heedlessly charge a cannon, but puke at the sight of 6 inches of steel." Jim Bowie

last_stand

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: fastman]
      #256282 - 11/10/17 08:50 AM

Yotes put up a good fight. Another 2 goals from the D and another great third period play saved the day with two more points on the board.

How 'bout that Hutton dude?

First time in 50 years Blues have 13 wins in first 17 games.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 209 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 16217

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page