CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: << 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | >> (show all)
griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: griffin]
      #256815 - 03/05/18 05:45 PM

Stories on the Blouse can't even stay on the front page of stltoday..........nobody cares about this group. Rightfully so.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

#256816 - 03/06/18 06:11 AM

You are likely out again next year dude. I can't see how they can move all they really need to move. Blues need world class triage.

1) Dump Allen,

2) Dump two of Sobotka, Berglund, Jbo, Steen

3) Big trade pieces Petro, Tarasenko, Parayko (I doubt it happens with any of them)

Schenn should wear the C, there's no question about that.

If 1 and 2 happens, it's a big step towards a turn around. Blues have a lot of nice pieces and some good young prospects in the wings. They need to get the cancer out and get more character in to move forward. A big trade could do this.

Beginning to wonder about Yeo. I'm now up in the air on him, hard not to be. But I put this on the players and DA first and foremost.

ls - the guy now waiting on DA to straighten out his own mess.

Go Blue!

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

last_stand

#256817 - 03/06/18 06:12 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
Stories on the Blouse can't even stay on the front page of stltoday..........nobody cares about this group. Rightfully so.

griffin

I do!

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: last_stand]
      #256818 - 03/06/18 06:31 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:
You are likely out again next year dude. I can't see how they can move all they really need to move. Blues need world class triage.

1) Dump Allen,

3) Big trade pieces Petro, Tarasenko, Parayko (I doubt it happens with any of them)

If 1 and 2 happens, it's a big step towards a turn around. Blues have a lot of nice pieces and some good young prospects in the wings. They need to get the cancer out and get more character in to move forward. A big trade could do this.

Beginning to wonder about Yeo. I'm now up in the air on him, hard not to be. But I put this on the players and DA first and foremost.

Go Blue!

Not anything there I'd have a problem with.

I'm only out again if none of that is accomplished. If there are moves to dump the dead weight and one of those major pieces are traded for a character guy, I could easily be back in with the youngsters they have in their system. I WANT to root for the Blues.....but no way as long as they continue on the path they've been on. There is NOTHING to root for.

I have refrained from doing the "I told you so" routine because I know you are a true fan like I am.....but who the hell did not see this coming?

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

#256819 - 03/06/18 02:12 PM

Ray Charles even saw this coming.........and that sumbitch is blind and. Dead.

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

#256820 - 03/06/18 03:25 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:

1) Dump Allen,

Go Blue!

All valid points. I myself would try to keep Parayko but wouldn't scream is they move him. But is there ANYTHING, I mean ANYTHING, that Armstrong has done in his career in management with the Blues to make you think he will do any of that??? And as far the 2) group... who would take them? You would have to eat a chit-ton of the contract and the Blues don't do that..

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

last_stand

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: IIFID]
      #256821 - 03/06/18 04:35 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
Quote:

last_stand said:

1) Dump Allen,

Go Blue!

All valid points. I myself would try to keep Parayko but wouldn't scream is they move him. But is there ANYTHING, I mean ANYTHING, that Armstrong has done in his career in management with the Blues to make you think he will do any of that??? And as far the 2) group... who would take them? You would have to eat a chit-ton of the contract and the Blues don't do that..

That's why I say 2 of 4 would be a miracle in itself.

Jbo might be done. He has a serious injury and to his credit he has been playing hurt. Bad. For the past month at least. If he can go on that IRTL list he could get paid for his last year but it would not go against our cap. Huge if it happens.

The other three, who ever of them, would have to be packaged with someone else or a prospect or a draft pick to get rid of them, like Lehtera/Schenn deal, which actually worked out not great but better than ok. Believe it or not teams would be interested in Berglund and probably Steen but yeah, it will cost us more than likely.

The whole thing as I see it is what can Army do but more importantly is what is he willing to do. He needs to go to confession and tell Father Tom all his sins and come clean and erase what he can of his mistakes.

That's not a warm and fuzzy for me.

--------------------

last_stand

#256822 - 03/06/18 04:43 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

last_stand said:

1) Dump Allen,

Go Blue!

I'm only out again if none of that is accomplished. If there are moves to dump the dead weight and one of those major pieces are traded for a character guy, I could easily be back in with the youngsters they have in their system. I WANT to root for the Blues.....but no way as long as they continue on the path they've been on. There is NOTHING to root for.

I have refrained from doing the "I told you so" routine because I know you are a true fan like I am.....but who the hell did not see this coming?

griffin

So kind of you to refrain. BTW, did you refrain? bwaaaaaa

I did not see Oct-Nov coming and have to say I did not see this total collapse coming either. I knew there'd be ups and downs and a scramble for the playoffs but this has been a bazaar ride.

And crazy as it is, the year ain't over for me.

Not 'til the fat lady sings.

--------------------

dabsAdministrator

Loc: New Money, USA

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #256823 - 03/07/18 10:01 AM

Quote:

griffin said:

griffin

Please do not ever comment again about your perception of Royals fans. That is all

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: dabs]
      #256824 - 03/07/18 12:19 PM

Dude - the Royals don't have any fans....that's a joke.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256831 - 03/08/18 11:04 PM

There they were, on the West Coast in desperate need of a win.

Tied 0-0 going into the 3rd and a real chance to maybe steal a point or two.

TWO shots in the 3rd period.

I gotta say, the heart of this team is beating strong! You can always count on them to give it 100%!! 3 points in the last 10 games and the worst record in hockey by far over that span. THIS TEAM IS FULL OF HEART!!!!!

After the game, Jake "the head case" Allen actually said, "we're in desperation mode now". LMAOOOOOOOOOO

They are just about to sink to where they were always headed......bottom 3rd of the league....they're already there in their conference.

There has never been a worse version of the Blues.

griffin

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#256832 - 03/09/18 02:49 PM

I don't know Griff about the worst..
The 78 - 79 team going 18-50-12 was really bad.
How about a total of 21 wins in 05 - 06? They sucked arse too.
Yep this team is really bad.. but I think both of those teams were worse.. bu they probably had more "heart"..

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256833 - 03/10/18 12:13 AM

Quote:

IIFID said:
I don't know Griff about the worst..
The 78 - 79 team going 18-50-12 was really bad.
How about a total of 21 wins in 05 - 06? They sucked arse too.
Yep this team is really bad.. but I think both of those teams were worse.. bu they probably had more "heart"..

Those teams had no skill. Not so with this one.

Here's the truth, and I watched it in person for 5 years:

This was a team born of early draft choices and big contracts for "skilled" players. This is/was a skilled team, or at least it was built with that idea. Armstrong himself has said that there was a window for a cup run, and I don't disagree. (until he killed it)

The fact is, the "leaders" of this version of the Blues were NOTHING of the sort. They quit on one of the best coaches in hockey. After that happened the GM doubled down by extending contracts and firing the coach for a guy who was being "tutored on the job" to be the head coach while the head coach was still there.....a boneheaded move that could only be conceived by an idiot (Doug Armstrong.....the same idiot who extended the contracts of quitters). After the idiot fired the head coach, he traded away the only character players on the team, and instituted the new coach as the savior. Problem was, and is, the "leaders" of the team were still the same guys who quit on their coach.....it's in their nature....and they eventually quit on the new coach too.

No sir....there has NEVER been a worse "team" than this one to wear the Note. Don't be fooled by people who don't know hockey. This team was a failure from day one this season (the reason I dummped my season tickets).....propped up by a schedule quirk that made it appear they were better than they were (more games played than any other team in hockey by 4-8% in the first 3 months). The losses were ignored for the point total, which is a farce under the OT loss system in the NHL.

This is a team of quitters......there can never be a worse team than that....regardless of the record.

To add to the misery, Doug Armstrong's contract extension is a forking joke. He has ran this team into the ground. (Davidson left him plenty of good pieces)....ultimately HE owns this abortion and anyone who says differently is an idiot.

BTW - in case anyone is still counting, they are now 19th in the league......they've got two more places to fall before they are EXACTLY where I said they would be before the season started.......not even in the top 20.

FORK THIS TEAM!!!!!

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#256834 - 03/10/18 04:47 AM

They are in free fall right now. They weren't as good as their record in oct-nov but they are not as bad as their record is now either even though they are playing as bad as they can so yeah, it's a hard argument to make.

I don't disagree one of the worst teams in the franchises history. Some skill issues for sure but even worse some bad actors splitting the team up, imo.

We had what was a "heavy" team and DA moved and/or lost the most heavy players who happened to be key role guys in making this team go.

He never replaced them.

Rather, he re-signed Allen (worst move and completely unnecessary at the time),Steen and Berglund and Sobi. All convenient, lazy signings and all are part of the teams problems now one way or another.

Then you are left with guys like Tarasenko and Petro who couldn't lead a horse to water. Both skilled, talented and potentially great but presently wasting every bodies time and money as they pretend to play and fail their team.

Worth mentioning again is Allen. A true head case. He's signed for 3 more years too. Can't understate his role in all of this.

As I said imo there's a split on this team, a cancer that has exasperated all the other issues. Probably not more than just 2 players. Whatever the changes coming this summer, and there needs to be many, this HAS to be addressed and true leaders have to be brought in.

I would far prefer to see Thomas and Thompson and Kyrou and new players do their best next year trying to build something than watch this debacle.

As for Yeo, very disappointed in his handling of Allen and his complete failure to fix the pp all season long. I'm not sure yet but he also seems to be favoring the guys who have been around and, well, that makes no sense if he is.

It's a tough time right now. And DA is probably the last guy I would pick to fix this mess.

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#256835 - 03/11/18 05:58 AM

to fix it, DA would have to admit me has made multiple serious mistakes. I don't think his ego will let him do that..

--------------------

fastman

Reged: 01/01/06
Loc: missouri

#256842 - 03/12/18 11:00 PM

y only crickets?

I detect a pulse.sure.not quite a heartbeat yet, but, we're lookin good so 4

Must win turdsday..might have to try and find a ticket

--------------------
"A man will heedlessly charge a cannon, but puke at the sight of 6 inches of steel." Jim Bowie

last_stand

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: fastman]
      #256843 - 03/13/18 06:13 AM

That was there best game in a month.

Allen is impersonating as a goalie again.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256844 - 03/15/18 11:51 AM

If they win tonight v. the Avalanche at home I give them a 50/50 shot at a wild card spot.

If they lose tonight I think they are done....just not enough life to make it happen.

griffin

--------------------

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

#256845 - 03/15/18 02:53 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
If they win tonight v. the Avalanche at home I give them a 50/50 shot at a wild card spot.

If they lose tonight I think they are done....just not enough life to make it happen.

griffin

What you talkin' bout Willis? I'm still on track for Cup Parade down Market St. in June...

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: sptsman]
      #256846 - 03/15/18 03:36 PM

That'll be some parade....you pushing LS down Market Street in a wheelchair asking folks to just step up.

--------------------

last_stand

#256847 - 03/16/18 05:26 AM

At this point, I damn well might be in a wheelchair before I see a Cup come down Market street.

--------------------

fastman

Reged: 01/01/06
Loc: missouri

#256848 - 03/16/18 07:45 AM

Quote:

griffin said:

griffin

Right.

Out goalied.
Not outworked.

--------------------
"A man will heedlessly charge a cannon, but puke at the sight of 6 inches of steel." Jim Bowie

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: fastman]
      #256849 - 03/16/18 12:50 PM

Last one out turn out the lights......I've watched my last game this year.

griffin

--------------------

dabsAdministrator

Loc: New Money, USA

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #256850 - 03/16/18 02:34 PM

Quote:

griffin said:

griffin

Again?

last_stand

#256851 - 03/16/18 02:58 PM

Quote:

griffin said:

griffin

Finally.

Thank you.

Did Dawg quit too?

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

Pages: << 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 147 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 16216

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page