CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | >> (show all)
last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

2017-2018 STL BLUES
      #255293 - 06/23/17 05:39 AM

As good as any way to kick off the new season thread.

Tarasenko:

"It’s 2015, and our team does an event for kids battling sickness. I am matched up with young girl from St. Louis whose name is Arianna. I remember first time I see her, it’s like, you have no idea. She comes with a biggest smile, grabs my hand very tight. O.K., I’m thinking, when we meet. This is what it is to be a strong person. And we have great time.

Then a few months ago, me and my wife, Yana, we’re at auction for charity and see opportunity. There is a prize at auction, it’s “Travel With the Blues.” You win this prize, you go with Blues for road trip — travel with team for some games, spend time with team between games, basically you are one of us, part of team. So we have this great idea. Outbid everyone at auction (sorry, guys). And then we give prize to Arianna, for her 11th birthday."

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLUES [Re: last_stand]
      #255295 - 06/23/17 08:45 PM

I sold my 1/2 interest in 2 season tickets yesterday.... fork them. I'll come back when Armstrong is gone.

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLUES [Re: griffin]
      #255296 - 06/23/17 09:49 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
I sold my 1/2 interest in 2 season tickets yesterday.... fork them. I'll come back when Armstrong is gone.

Sold them too soon. After the moves tonight, I see a Cup next season...

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

wuchangAdministrator
spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World

Loc: uphill

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLUES [Re: sptsman]
      #255297 - 06/24/17 06:02 AM

Quote:

sptsman said:
Quote:

griffin said:

Sold them too soon. After the moves tonight, I see a Cup next season...

last_stand

#255298 - 06/24/17 06:11 AM

Quote:

griffin said:

Promise?

We got it. We get it. Now you can go away. bwaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Hate losing Reaves. There will be a lot of whining on this one. In fact, I expect to hear it any minute now. bwaaaaaaaaa ..........But at least the Blues knew exactly what they had with him and used his upside value to go for the top ranked European in the draft, wild card and all.

Schenn for Lehtera? gee.......lemme think about this.

Might not be over yet......after signing Parayko, Blues should have some 6 mil in cap left to deal for another forward.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#255301 - 06/25/17 04:57 AM

Oh.....YAY!!! They got the top ranked European.

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

dabsAdministrator

Loc: New Money, USA

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #255302 - 06/25/17 06:51 AM

Six posts in and this thread is already resembling Trumps twitter feed

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Loc: Lemmingstan

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLUES [Re: dabs]
      #255304 - 06/25/17 05:08 PM

You gotta be shitting me! Already??

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

sptsman

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLUES [Re: Bubba]
      #255306 - 06/26/17 06:53 AM

They appear to have done well in the draft but you really never know how well you did until 4-5 years down the road. Unless, of course, one of them sets it on fire in the first year or two. Overall, it looks like they did pretty well... And all of the "experts" that grade drafts gave them high marks as well. Not that it matters that much if I've already given my opinion. That's really all you need.

The trades upgraded this team, period. If you think otherwise, you're just not paying attention or have just turned into the village sourpuss (not mentioning anyone in particular here...). Sucks to see Reaves go but if your counting on a 4th line fighter that isn't allowed to fight making or breaking your season, you have some major problems. Getting rid of Lehtera and getting Schenn might be the biggest swing in negative for positive this team has seen in the last 20 years (hard to top the Hull trade). Now, if they could just find some way to dump Berglund...

I'll probably start looking for someone to split season tickets with this season...

Oh when the Blues go marching in, oh when the Blues go marching in. Oh lord I want to have season tickets. Oh when the Blues go marching in...

DA for GM of the years next year as well. It's a lock...

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

#255307 - 06/26/17 10:14 AM

Blues hockey is a dumpster fire. Almost as big of an abortion as Pizzou Football. Go Dawgs!!!!

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLUES [Re: H2ODOG]
      #255309 - 06/26/17 10:45 AM

Only Blues fans, who have been there through 50 years of mediocre hockey, can actually stand up and say they are happy with the moves the Blues have made so far. All this version will ever be is another middle of the pack team with no heart......and they certainly didn't do anything to change that.

Blues hockey is dead.

--------------------

sptsman

#255310 - 06/27/17 05:18 AM

Solid D ... check
Solid goalie ... check
Improved offense ... check
Improved coaching ... To be determined

Very important to see how the coaching staff gels with the players and each other but it looks like some very good hires. Yeo showed he can both coach tactically and technically, as well as motivate, He will be a very good Head Coach for them. The addition of Berube, Sydor and Ott look to be just what is needed to inject some life into a few less-than-enthusiastic players. Looking forward to seeing how it all comes together.

The only question is will the addition of Schenn and the stepping up of a few existing players be enough offense? They will get Fabbri back and that will help. But a few others players need to step it up and play at higher levels than they did last year. Steen was one if the best players on this team for the last few years and just wasn't there last year. Was it undisclosed injuries or was he just burnt out by Hitch? Who knows? Maybe he's just getting a little older and slowing down. Stastny was brought in to play like he did in Denver and he has shown signs but simply has not played at the level he is being paid to play at. He needs to step it up. I have little hope that Berglund will perform at the level of a true #2 or #3 center but he needs to, for the cap space he is eating up. Maybe Ott can light a fire under him and inspire him to give 100% every shift. Of course there are a few others but there is enough raw talent on this team to go deep in the playoffs. You just have to hope it all gels, especially at playoff time and the injury bug doesn't bite you too hard...

So, unless you have turned so sour and bitter that you can't even see your way clear to an objective analysis, you have to see the oppportunity for the upcoming season to hold some promise. Are they odds-on favorites to be in the finals? Probably not but they look to be a better team than last year and they were one of the last 8 teams standing...

Looking forward to seeing how and if it all comes together for them...

Griff, maybe when you're finished running those kids off your lawn, you can take a step back and see things without those chit-colored glasses you've been wearing. There is a cool refreshing glass for you to drink of....

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#255311 - 06/27/17 05:57 AM

Quote:

sptsman said:

But a few others players need to step it up and play at higher levels than they did last year. Steen was one if the best players on this team for the last few years and just wasn't there last year. Was it undisclosed injuries or was he just burnt out by Hitch? Who knows? Maybe he's just getting a little older and slowing down. Stastny was brought in to play like he did in Denver and he has shown signs but simply has not played at the level he is being paid to play at. He needs to step it up. I have little hope that Berglund will perform at the level of a true #2 or #3 center but he needs to, for the cap space he is eating up. Maybe Ott can light a fire under him and inspire him to give 100% every shift. Of course there are a few others but there is enough raw talent on this team to go deep in the playoffs. You just have to hope it all gels, especially at playoff time and the injury bug doesn't bite you too hard...

I don't know about sour and bitter......but I sure as hell know when I see the EXACT same thing said for the last 3 or 4 years about this version of the Blues. Gimme a forking break.......this particular version of the Blues sucks. No heart, no drive, no leadership.

I expect the same result and the same pre-season post next year at this time.

griffin

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#255312 - 06/27/17 08:30 AM

Quote:

sptsman said:
the stepping up of a few existing players be enough offense? But a few others players need to step it up and play at higher levels than they did last year. Steen was one if the best players on this team for the last few years and just wasn't there last year. Maybe he's just getting a little older and slowing down. Stastny was brought in to play like he did in Denver and he has shown signs but simply has not played at the level he is being paid to play at. He needs to step it up. I have little hope that Berglund will perform at the level of a true #2 or #3 center but he needs to, for the cap space he is eating up. Maybe Ott can light a fire under him and inspire him to give 100% every shift. Of course there are a few others but there is enough raw talent on this team to go deep in the playoffs.

Your post has a reoccurring theme. If they step up. When they step up. Hopefully they will step up. Someone should step up. If we get a leader on the team. If we find some heart suddenly in the offseason. You keep waiting for someone to step up. Everyone keeps waiting for it to happen. Wish in one hand. Chit in the other. I'm sure the Blues will skate into the playoffs like they typically do, and will be send home in yet another early round, in typical Blue fashion. No heart. No guts. No desire. No drive. Just collect a check and skate 80+ games a year. Do enough to keep getting paid and be noticed by a team with the management in place to win. Like Reaves..........do enough to get paid in STL, because you know you can't win there and hope to get traded to a winner. Sure he will have to play in Shitsburg, but his chances of raising the cup over his head and having strippers rub tits all over the cup while getting a BJ from another skank for a night while partying with the cup ACTUALLY becomes an obtainable goal on a team with the desire to win, not just exist and take in money from fans.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLUES [Re: H2ODOG]
      #255313 - 06/27/17 08:44 AM

The Pens wanted Reaves for the expressed purpose of protecting Crosby.....meanwhile we will leave Tarasenko to get pummeled into nothing during the playoffs. The Pens will likely win another cup in the next few years while the Blues fill their roster with "top Europeans" and players who need to "step up".

You can't make this same old chit up.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#255314 - 06/27/17 12:03 PM

Good to hear you think Russian hockey players are a joke. While this kid is a wild card due to injury, he might come through big. That's the gamble.

I wish we had 2 straight Cups and a great team to be able to afford doing a move like Pitt did to get Reaves. At the same time, and I'm no fan for many reasons, I can't blame Armstrong for making this move.

It's harder than hell to get a winning team like the Blues over the top from where they are with the Cap in place. Pitt is still winning off their tank job years ago, the Blackhawks have done the same with their roster and multiple Cups, and now it's going to be Edmonton with all their first round picks coming of age.

I'm not making excuses, but I love hockey and this team is good enough by far to not turn my back on them. Not perfect, sure some should go, some shouldn't have been signed, but most every team in the league has similar issues.

If it's Cup or nuthin hey yeah you likely got nuthin but to b1tch away. Any time you might have actual suggestions for some moves the Blues should make to get that Cup then fire away. It ain't easy.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#255315 - 06/27/17 12:38 PM

I fire away all the time you bonehead. They should have NEVER signed Berglund. Perron was a cancer, and I've got news for you, so is forking Statsny.....I keep telling you that there is a reason players like that bounce from team to team but you don't listen. If Petrangelo is a Captain I'll kiss your azz....that's a forking joke. That idiot Armsrong has ditched every character player this team had in favor of "the top European"....whichever one of those dickheads was next in line....it's a goddamn joke.

I'd get rid of Statsny AND the perrenial cripple Steen and get whatever I could for them. Use the freed cap money to find some grinders who can actually hold up to the physical pressure of the playoffs.

I'd dump Petrangelo too. Find me a defenseman with a temper and not these foking balerinas.....make him the Captain.

This team is a bunch of beardedclams......and you aren't going to change that by adding some forking Russians and Europeans....they have played girls hockey for their entire careers. They can play on a team that has some character already in place.....they can't play here.

Dude......I'm just getting started on how pathetic of a product this current roster is. Boring, gutless, hockey.....welcome to St. Louis. You all pointed to their late season "surge" last year like it was some kind of harbinger of what could be possible. It was, you numbnuts.....they were like the school 6th grade bully beating up 2nd graders. As soon as they had to go to school with kids their own age they turtled like they always do.

I don't give a rats arse what kind of a fan you are.......this is how we got here. By supporting mediocre hockey. Every word you write does nothing but that.

--------------------

fastman

Reged: 01/01/06
Loc: missouri

#255316 - 06/27/17 01:53 PM

So glad I stoped by 2day...didn't c the trade r draft.

After all, it's big time golf season and the Y & R is gettin good

--------------------
"A man will heedlessly charge a cannon, but puke at the sight of 6 inches of steel." Jim Bowie

Edited by fastman (06/27/17 01:54 PM)

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLUES [Re: fastman]
      #255318 - 06/27/17 02:33 PM

No managerial level abilities
Lack of leadership from the players
Veterans not stepping up
Front office bonehead decisions
No heart
Disfunction across the board

Damn.........are we talking STL Blues hockey or STL Cardinals baseball. Either way both teams have the same damn issues.

--------------------

last_stand

#255319 - 06/27/17 04:23 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
I fire away all the time you bonehead. They should have NEVER signed Berglund. Perron was a cancer, and I've got news for you, so is forking Statsny.....I keep telling you that there is a reason players like that bounce from team to team but you don't listen. If Petrangelo is a Captain I'll kiss your azz....that's a forking joke. That idiot Armsrong has ditched every character player this team had in favor of "the top European"....whichever one of those dickheads was next in line....it's a goddamn joke.

I'd get rid of Statsny AND the perrenial cripple Steen and get whatever I could for them. Use the freed cap money to find some grinders who can actually hold up to the physical pressure of the playoffs.

I'd dump Petrangelo too. Find me a defenseman with a temper and not these foking balerinas.....make him the Captain.

This team is a bunch of beardedclams......and you aren't going to change that by adding some forking Russians and Europeans....they have played girls hockey for their entire careers. They can play on a team that has some character already in place.....they can't play here.

Dude......I'm just getting started on how pathetic of a product this current roster is. Boring, gutless, hockey.....welcome to St. Louis. You all pointed to their late season "surge" last year like it was some kind of harbinger of what could be possible. It was, you numbnuts.....they were like the school 6th grade bully beating up 2nd graders. As soon as they had to go to school with kids their own age they turtled like they always do.

I don't give a rats arse what kind of a fan you are.......this is how we got here. By supporting mediocre hockey. Every word you write does nothing but that.

bwaaaaaaaaaa.............year before last you were rooting hard for this team......now in a years time somehow it's my fault you don't like them.

Berglund, Stasny, Steen...........All horrible signings, 2 just last year. You walking now because of that? Or you got more players to b1tch about? What ever dude. "Dump" Petro. bwaaaaaaaaaa.........you could do that on the first phone call. Teams would line up to take him. He's NOT a friggen tough guy never has been. You just figure that out? THAT'S NOT HIS ROLE. But yeah, tell me who you got coming in to replace him and put him out there 28 minutes a game. Forkin Jake Allen will love you too. Good forking grief. Hey, Parayko ain't too tuff either. We can ship 'em out together.

Issues and all they were a top 8 team this past year. Tons of young guys coming up and more ready to break into the system. If Allen stays on course we are a better team by far going forward this year than last. Yes, we need a scoring, talented center. Yes, would love to have a big tough defense man. Who the fork doesn't? Just to change things up, why don't you try to explain precisely how the Blues get them?

You wanna Cup get in line. You wanna new GM so do I. You wanna biatch and moan all year go cry me a river.

As always Go Blue Baby!

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Loc: Lemmingstan

#255320 - 06/27/17 05:13 PM

Now that's telling him, LS!!

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLUES [Re: Bubba]
      #255323 - 06/27/17 06:17 PM

You know, you're right, maybe the boys will "step up" this year.

I'm not spending a dime on this team.

And bro, this team was 5 points from missing the playoffs...saved by a quirky schedule. Even competing to win a cup is a forking pipe dream at this point.

I'm always gonna be a hockey fan, but not of this team under Armstrong. Still plenty of hockey to watch.

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#255326 - 06/27/17 10:31 PM

And hell yeah!! If they can get rid of Petrangelo and his contract for a scoring center or gritty winger.....or both if he's THAT valuable.... ....you're killing me here....then what is the hold up? The team has enough defense to compensate and he is an absolute joke as a C in this league.

As Ronald Reagan said, "Mr. Gorbechev......TEAR THIS TEAM DOWN!!!!!!!!"

I say again, this version of the Blues.....and I will for here on out refer to them as the Blouse... will NEVER EVEN COMPETE for a cup....winning it is laughable.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#255327 - 06/28/17 05:03 AM

Well not that I give a fork but lemme know when the new tear down version of this team arrives for you cuzz it seems to me Schwartz, Fabbri, Tarasenko, Petro, Eddy, Parayko and Allen are gonna be around awhile with guys like Barbashev, Thompson, Dunn, Scmaltz, others and maybe even yet another dreaded Russian Kostin coming up.

Hope you can find an all North American Cup winning team with big bad bullies on it to root for next year....but man I'd hate to be them......bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

last_stand

#255328 - 06/28/17 05:10 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
You know, you're right, maybe the boys will "step up" this year.

I'm not spending a dime on this team.

And bro, this team was 5 points from missing the playoffs...saved by a quirky schedule. Even competing to win a cup is a forking pipe dream at this point.

I'm always gonna be a hockey fan, but not of this team under Armstrong. Still plenty of hockey to watch.

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa............yeah it was all luck. That explains what you don't like uh huh. And those lucky Preds....hell they went into the playoffs as an 8 seed.............they took the "lucky quirky" title from right under them.

Hate away dude, but try not to look so stupid doing it.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 141 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 15982

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page