CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | >> (show all)
H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

2018 Cardinals
      #255919 - 09/20/17 09:42 PM

Might as well get this post going. The 2017 Cardinals are dead in the water. Its going to take a miracle to get into the playoffs this season. Even if they make it, which is a BIG IF, they won't go far. Shitty Bullpen, Shitty Manager, and Average Starting pitching is what killed the season. 7 guys can hit 20+ HR on the 2017 team, so the hitting wasn't the big issue.

Fowler was not a problem. He played hurt and was on the DL a few times. Will still manage to hit 20 HR and bat .270-280

Carpenter is a toss up. Matheny shifted him around in the lineup. He hits best at the leadoff spot. He always has. MM shifted him around too much. Carp will hit a full 40 points below his normal average and is a perennial All-Star. He had a bad season. I think he comes back next year. One bad year isn't worth shipping him off. Put him in the leadoff spot, and move him back to 3rd. Carpenter or Gyrko will have to be traded in the offseason, if Mo seriously goes after a 1st baseman, which he should. I like Gyrko and his bat has pop, but I think he gets traded. His overall offensive numbers aren't anywhere near Carpenters. MM is set on Wong at 2nd and he did step up this season.

Ship out Grichuk in the off season first chance they get

Ship out Brett Cecil and eat money to get him to go.

Piscotty is a hit or miss spot. He has shown signs of great hitting before this season.. Injuries hit him hard this year. He is signed cheap for 2018 and after that he gets paid $7+ million a year. Cards are outfield strong, as they always are. I think they should hold onto Piscotty for next year to see how well he does. If he does well, you decide to keep him or ship him off. If he does average you can still get rid of him in a trade. His stock is down for trading with his injuries this season. Unless Mo is going after Stanton in Florida to get a power hitting outfielder, then Piscotty will stay. If Mo goes after Stanton, several outfielders will be packing their bags for FL. Piscotty, Pham, and maybe one of the other prospects.

Martinez, Pham, Fowler, Piscotty should be the opening day outfielders. Sierra, Bader, and O'Neill all will be fighting for a spot too. All well deserving of a shot as well. Piscotty could be shipped out for some good pitching or hitting, and one of the 3 young kids could step up. Mo has to be smart.

Keep DeJong at Short. He has earned it.

Get serious with a 1st baseman. Someone who can hit for power and average. Hell Hosmer in KC is an upgrade to anything we have had since 2011. Just find someone who can hit the long ball, and won't strike out 150+ times a season, while batting .270+ and driving in 100+ a season.

Lynn gets resigned.
Starting Pitchers: It depends on if Reyes will be ready and if Lynn signs.
Lynn
Martinez
Wacha
Weaver
Flaherty
Reyes

A true power hitting outfielder or 1st basemen.....or hell, go crazy and get both. Spend some of that $1 Billion TV package money Mo. Get some hitting, maybe a great #2 starter, and fix the damn bullpen. It was awful. Mizzou Football awful. Kim Anderson Basketball awful.

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

Re: 2018 Cardinals [Re: H2ODOG]
      #255920 - 09/21/17 07:23 AM

As I see it the Cards need 3 new position players.

1st, 3rd and RF.

To truly change this team, and by that I mean defensively too for sure, you need 3 new players there.

They have a lot of players with value to trade to get this done. I would try to keep Bader as our potential 3rd/4th outfielder and for me I would cut ties with both Grichuk and Piscotty and then Carpenter too to get the players and money they need at first, 3rd and pitching relief. Try to hold onto some of the young players on the farm if they can. Oneil looks good and then we have Garcia down there who is definitely on the move. Cards can fill that RF spot without spending a dime and focus on 1st and 3rd.

I doubt Mo agrees, so there's that.

Got a bad feeling about signing Lynn to the big money long term deal. Since he never got extended I believe they intended to let him walk not sure if anything has changed there or not but with the year he had I suspect they are rethinking that move.

I'll be surprised if they chase Stanton and shocked if they get him, but this franchise is going to have pressure on them this off season like never before. Yet another "one player" change ain't gonna cut it and I hope they know that.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

Re: 2018 Cardinals [Re: last_stand]
      #255922 - 09/21/17 08:38 AM

Lynn will not sign with the Cardinals if Matheny is the Mgr. That's my gut feeling. I would love to see him stay but the cost is going to be astronomical, for what you are getting (a solid #2 or #3). If they can get him to stay at a reasonable number that would be great. If not, they should be able to overcome it.

I am going to disagree with most about Tommy Pham. He has been great this year and that can't be denied. But he's 29 or 30 and has serious eye issues. He has trouble seeing in day games and it is very unlikely he can maintain the numbers he put up this year, once teams break him down and start pitching to him accordingly. Remember, it took him a long time to make it to the bigs. Use him as trade bait.

Their #1 player need is a big bat to be behind Carpenter, Fowler, etc. If they can get that and shore up that bullpen, they can compete. Then again I have very little confidence any team under Matheny will play play at peak performance.

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

last_stand

Re: 2018 Cardinals [Re: sptsman]
      #255926 - 09/21/17 01:02 PM

bwaaaaa....he can hit with bad eyes so get rid of him?

Pham has proved himself all year. He is late to the bigs because of a massive list of injuries over his entire career, keeping him from consistently playing the game. Take a chance on the eye thing and stay with him unless some monster trade involves him which would not shock me that teams would want him. He NEVER lets up a second in any game.

Carp is a tough one, but he can only play 1st adequately. If you put him at first, please don't complain later we have no big pop at first. He can't play 3rd worth a hoot and he can't run the bases worth a hoot. He needs to go into the AL and share a play/DH spot, imo.We can get a lot for him in a trade, rightly so.

Again, pretty certain Mo will not do this.The problem with having these guys is they get played all the time regardless of their production or errors. There's no accountability with these named players until after 50 days of crap they send them down just to bring them back and slot them right back in.

I'd rather watch and lose with the young guys and take a chance you can hit the jack pot.

--------------------

wuchangAdministrator
spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World

Loc: uphill

#255929 - 09/22/17 05:04 AM

Piscotty used to be fairly good with RISP until they screwed with his swing trying to get a "Home Run Launch Angle"

Forker is a mess now--head isn't on straight-- off balance and lunging at anything that looks close-- I guess the plan was to turn him into Grichuk

fastman

Reged: 01/01/06
Loc: missouri

Re: 2018 Cardinals [Re: wuchang]
      #255931 - 09/22/17 07:49 AM

nex yrs. bunch

Only a game out on the last wildcard

Unbeeleaveable

--------------------
"A man will heedlessly charge a cannon, but puke at the sight of 6 inches of steel." Jim Bowie

Edited by fastman (09/23/17 07:22 AM)

sptsman

#255932 - 09/22/17 11:26 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Pham has proved himself all year. He is late to the bigs because of a massive list of injuries over his entire career, keeping him from consistently playing the game. Take a chance on the eye thing and stay with him unless some monster trade involves him which would not shock me that teams would want him. He NEVER lets up a second in any game.

So, let me get this straight... He breaks down a lot and he has a serious eye condition. But he has a good season at age 29 and he hustles hard like Rex Hudler used to, so bank on him as a key player on your team? Yeah, riiiiight.

No doubt he could put together another good season or two. But chronic eye issues and being injury prone are not what you want to see in a player you're going to count on for 150+ games a year.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#255934 - 09/22/17 04:12 PM

Quote:

sptsman said:
Quote:

last_stand said:

So, let me get this straight... He breaks down a lot and he has a serious eye condition. But he has a good season at age 29 and he hustles hard like Rex Hudler used to, so bank on him as a key player on your team? Yeah, riiiiight.

No doubt he could put together another good season or two. But chronic eye issues and being injury prone are not what you want to see in a player you're going to count on for 150+ games a year.

Phambino isn't eligible for arbitration until 2019. FS eligible 2022. If dude only has 2 more good years left, why not keep him and use him for 2 years. He costs about 600,000 a year for a guy who is gonna hit 20+ HR and bat .280+, and score 100 runs. I'll take that for $600K.

The whole damn league knows about his vision. It's. It a secret. He isn't good trade bait with his eyes. Use him and when he can't play anymore he will go away. Get the good years out of him and move on. There is plenty of talent waiting to take over. That production for $600k a years is half what the cardinals would have gotten for $24 milllion a year with Heyward. Keep Phambino for his salary alone. He makes the league minimum while Piscotty will make $7.3 million a year after next season.

--------------------

last_stand

#255937 - 09/23/17 09:00 AM

Quote:

sptsman said:
No doubt he could put together another good season or two.

BINGO!

--------------------

sptsman

#255940 - 09/25/17 08:23 AM

Is it true Pham's new nickname is going to be Mr. Magoo? Tommy Pham's eyesight

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#255941 - 09/25/17 11:39 AM

I don't see how you expect the Cardinals to unload Pham when the whole damn wordl know he can't see for chit. Dude makes the league minimum. He isn't good trade bait with his eyes. Keep him. Pay him the league minimum for the 2 more years he can see and be done. I'll take a guy who hits .300 hit 20 HR and had an above average arm.

Trying to trade his ass makes no sense. He's cheap to keep

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#256119 - 10/23/17 04:29 PM

Jose Oquendo back at 3rd base. I hear LaRussa is back in the market........... Chris Bosio l, Cubs pitching coach and Arrieta both available.

--------------------

last_stand

#256120 - 10/23/17 04:53 PM

I'm sure Mo will bolster our starting 5 first since we need relief help, closer help, clean up help, defense help and get an outfield they can send out for more than 2 days in a row.

Good news on Jose's return. He didn't fork that up.

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Loc: Lemmingstan

#256122 - 10/23/17 05:20 PM

Oh , hell no. Are we going to be enlightened by all you arm chair GMs for the next 7 months?

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

sptsman

Re: 2018 Cardinals [Re: Bubba]
      #256124 - 10/24/17 07:04 AM

Quote:

Bubba said:
Oh , hell no. Are we going to be enlightened by all you arm chair GMs for the next 7 months?

Yes

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

#256165 - 10/25/17 05:30 PM

Perfect!

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#256179 - 10/26/17 02:33 PM

Mike Maddox is the new pitching coach. Things can only get better from where they were.

--------------------

last_stand

#256181 - 10/26/17 03:22 PM

Can't wait to see Willy back in the Lou.

All's right now except for the 2020 guy Mikey.

--------------------

wuchangAdministrator

#256212 - 10/30/17 09:07 AM

Winning Managers Fired But Matheny is the 2020 Beloved Leader of Men

https://www.101sports.com/2017/10/27/managers-win-big-get-fired-theres-mike-matheny/

sptsman

#256213 - 10/30/17 09:30 AM

Quote:

wuchang said:
Winning Managers Fired But Matheny is the 2020 Beloved Leader of Men

https://www.101sports.com/2017/10/27/managers-win-big-get-fired-theres-mike-matheny/

As much as I admire and appreciate the DeWitts, they clearly have some sort of man-crush on MM that goes beyond reason. The blind spot they have with regard to his performance is inexplicable...

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#256217 - 10/30/17 09:04 PM

MM had a video of a DeWitt family member forkin a sheep. It’s the only reasonable explanation he still has a job.

--------------------

last_stand

#256294 - 11/13/17 05:31 AM

Lots of talk about the Cards going after Stanton. More questions than answers too.

While I've heard all along Boston is the leading odds on team here wondering what we would have to give up for him? Reyes? and do they even want a Tommy John Reyes??

Another thing... he has an opt out clause after another 3 years of play. I'm wondering if he came here and ended up exercising that option it might work out to be the best thing for the Cards? Otherwise, they might have 100-120 mil down the tube at the end of this thing.

--------------------

sptsman

#256295 - 11/13/17 06:50 AM

They need a steady, reliable, solid bat. A 26 or 28 year-old Matt Holliday. Stanton is a cartoon character. He may hit 50 HR's or he may get hurt and hit 15-20. Either way the Cardinals can't take gambles like him. I think the Stanton talk is silly. I, for one, hope they don't get him. The initial price will be high and the long term price could be crippling for more than a year or two.

If they're going to pay that kind of jack, go the free agent route. Then you only get hurt on the financial side and not on the depth chart side as well. How about J.D. Martinez or Eric Hosmer? Hosmer would be the perfect fit to end the revolving door at 1st base and he's still under 30.

I'm glad I'm not the GM of the Cardinals!! then again, I'm not sure any other GM in MLB has as much "help" as a Cards GM does. Lot's of opinions...

--------------------

last_stand

#256306 - 11/14/17 03:44 PM

Always liked Carlos, a great competitor.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/carlos-beltran-astros-retirement/

--------------------

wuchangAdministrator

#256307 - 11/14/17 04:23 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Always liked Carlos, a great competitor.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/carlos-beltran-astros-retirement/

Thanks for the link-- great article from a great player

wuchangAdministrator

#256308 - 11/14/17 08:26 PM

Quote:

sptsman said:
They need a steady, reliable, solid bat. A 26 or 28 year-old Matt Holliday. Stanton is a cartoon character. He may hit 50 HR's or he may get hurt and hit 15-20. Either way the Cardinals can't take gambles like him. I think the Stanton talk is silly. I, for one, hope they don't get him. The initial price will be high and the long term price could be crippling for more than a year or two.

If they're going to pay that kind of jack, go the free agent route. Then you only get hurt on the financial side and not on the depth chart side as well. How about J.D. Martinez or Eric Hosmer? Hosmer would be the perfect fit to end the revolving door at 1st base and he's still under 30.

I'm glad I'm not the GM of the Cardinals!! then again, I'm not sure any other GM in MLB has as much "help" as a Cards GM does. Lot's of opinions...

Sums it up pretty well

If they had not screwed Piscotty up with trying to make him into Grichuk--- who knows

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

#256419 - 12/13/17 12:03 PM

Cardinals added a middle of the order bat at the Marlins fire sale. Ozuna is a good all around player and I think StL fans will appreciate him.

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

last_stand

Re: 2018 Cardinals [Re: IIFID]
      #256420 - 12/13/17 01:09 PM

Agree.

But still don't know what we gave up.

He fits real good into any lineup and a gold glove is getting back to what this franchise used to be about.

--------------------

last_stand

#256457 - 12/19/17 03:17 PM

Pretty cool story.

And yes, I do like that dress.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/...D29693696BC6801

--------------------

last_stand

#256644 - 01/23/18 05:55 PM

Far from a perfect off season but I'll say this...........................they needed to move Grichuk and Piscotty and they did.

Now the closer thing.............................. WTF is that?

--------------------

last_stand

#256825 - 03/07/18 03:42 PM

On the one hand, the Cards may have locked up their shortstop with a steal.

On the other, the hand I have seen too much of lately, that ss's head might grow to the size of a basketball while he counts his money and see's his game go to hell.

I like this kid. A lot. But it may have been best for both to wait a year.

--------------------

wuchangAdministrator

#256826 - 03/07/18 04:41 PM

They are saying the same things about him that they were saying about Piscotty before the Cards screwed up his swing.

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#256900 - 03/30/18 07:30 AM

A very inauspicious start for both of the MoMo teams...

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

fastman

#256906 - 04/01/18 08:31 AM

Fork the cards...they'll not git 1 mo dime of my money.
No heart mofos & cain't hit. pitch. r catch.

Might as well clean house and start ova from the top.
That freakin manager has got to go.7 years of him has ruined a once gr8 franchise.

Over paid primadonnas can KMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
"A man will heedlessly charge a cannon, but puke at the sight of 6 inches of steel." Jim Bowie

Edited by fastman (04/02/18 06:48 AM)

fastman

Re: 2018 Cardinals [Re: fastman]
      #256910 - 04/02/18 06:49 AM

Ozuna & Weaver & that young flamethrower can stay.ship the rest

--------------------

last_stand

#256913 - 04/02/18 08:33 AM

You might give it another game or two before you burn the barn down Eddie.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

But you're dead on about Matheney. Good thing is, if he doesn't make post season this year I do think they'll move on.

It's a pretty good line up at the plate if they just do what they are capable of. The D still has some issues at first and third and the starting pitching has a lot of wood to chop before they can be counted on.

--------------------

fastman

#256914 - 04/02/18 08:55 AM

ok dude....two more games and thats it

--------------------

last_stand

#256933 - 04/04/18 04:20 PM

So magic Mike uses Hicks Monday night back to back for 2 innings, brings him into a 8-4 leading game.

Then last night, as the bullpen fails and his closer goes to 25 pitches Hicks is unavailable because he wasted him on the 4 run lead outing.

This is 101 chit we are talking about.

--------------------

fastman

#256936 - 04/04/18 07:51 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:
So magic Mike uses Hicks Monday night back to back for 2 innings, brings him into a 8-4 leading game.

Then last night, as the bullpen fails and his closer goes to 25 pitches Hicks is unavailable because he wasted him on the 4 run lead outing.

This is 101 chit we are talking about.

Preachin to the choir bro

--------------------

wuchangAdministrator

#256947 - 04/05/18 12:06 PM

Hope Hicks won't need Tommy John by June

Never have understood why Matheny,Beloved Leader of Men, carries 8 relievers and only uses 3 of them.

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#256962 - 04/05/18 10:10 PM

Quote:

wuchang said:
Hope Hicks won't need Tommy John by June

Never have understood why Matheny,Beloved Leader of Men, carries 8 relievers and only uses 3 of them.

Typically 5 of the 8 in the penshohkd be at AA ball or retired. Mo seems to like the washed up players or ones who oversign a contract. We haven’t had a solid pen full of good pitchers in forever.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#256963 - 04/05/18 10:28 PM

My question..........with low to mid 70 mph curves. Stuff boring at sub 70 mph, barely 81 mph breaking balls, and a fastball that starts off in the upper 80’s and by 70 pitches in is closer to the low 80’s........how long before Waino is retired?? Dude doesn’t have the control like a Greg Maddox to throw mid 80’s and spot pitches low and work a count. He tosses BP down the heart of the plate and up in the zone. 90+ pitches and he doesn’t even make 4 innings........and everyone wonders why the bullpen is worn the fork out. Time to retire to middle relief.......or maybe just retire

--------------------

last_stand

#256965 - 04/06/18 05:36 AM

I thought he'd be a dude who knew when to say when too.

Not sure how many innings Flagherty can do this year but for now they need to be done up here more than down there.

--------------------

sptsman

#256968 - 04/06/18 08:46 AM

At $19.5 million, he's not going anywhere. Best fans can hope for is a season ending injury and that's not really a long shot, with his history. As long as he's healthy, Matheny will keep running him out there. It's a sad situation... A worn-out pitcher making $19.5 mil and a mediocre to poor Manager that has a man crush on him...

I often wonder what percentage of players would walk away from $19 mil or even $1 mil because they know they can't live up to it? Guys like Pujols, Waino, Howard, etc... My guess is less than 1%. First, most people are driven by the almighty dollar. Even guys like these that have more money than they ever dreamed of having can't get enough. Having $200 or $300 mil or more in the bank just isn't enough when there is more for the taking... Second, I think guys like these rationalize that they earned it and deserve it. They see past performance as justification for taking obscene amounts of money for piss poor performance today. And finally, I think most of them think they can still play. Don't bother them with reality, they can still get it done. "Just wait and see what I do tomorrow..." Did anyone watch the Spring Training interviews with Waino? Was there ever a fading, worn-out pitcher so cork of himself?

Great guy and some great memories but as Ferris Bueller said... It's over...

--------------------

sptsman

#257001 - 04/10/18 09:52 AM

So, I watched the game last night to the bitter end. In the top of the 10th, was there even one person in the stadium and the entire TV viewing audience that couldn't see Holland wasn't ready and was in big trouble? I can see letting him pitch to the 2nd batter, maybe. But letting him pitch to any more after that is a level of stupidity that is immeasurable. This team isn't all that great to begin with. Having a sub-par Manager is going to make this a very long and painful year...

--------------------

fastman

#257002 - 04/10/18 11:03 AM

Yer prolly right sports dude.
Always mushrooms & crappie & bluegills & bass I hope.
Come on Spring. Get here & stay.

--------------------

sptsman

#257007 - 04/10/18 04:23 PM

I predict all three (or four) by Monday evening...

Should be a bounty of shrooms by Friday. Crappie are already biting and a turkey should die Monday...

--------------------

sptsman

#257057 - 04/24/18 11:47 AM

Now we get to see if the Cards can compete with a real baseball team. The 14-6 NY Mets for three games. I suspect Matheny will cost them at least one of these games with some bonehead move...

--------------------

fastman

#257063 - 04/25/18 07:07 PM

Like last night???

--------------------

sptsman

#257066 - 04/26/18 06:05 AM

Quote:

fastman said:

Like last night???

Tuesday's loss was 95% on Matheny (again). Should have pulled Weaver before he gave up the dinger. What part about "He doesn't have it tonight" does Matheny not understand? You carry 37 pitchers and fail to see that the most critical part of the game may come in the 4th or 5th inning. He was not having a good night and had just walked two. So, when one of the best hitters in the game comes to the plate, how about putting in a pitcher that has a prayer of getting him out or at least controlling the damage. And don't get me started on the bottom of the 9th. A forkin' little league coach knows the game is over if you can just get that man on 2nd base across the plate. So what gives you the best odds of that happening?

Matheny is just not a big league manger. In fact, I'm not so sure I'd want him as the skipper on any level team. Don't they have a spot for him somewhere in the organization where Mo and the DeWitt's can still have their man-crush on him, without him costing them MLB games every few weeks?

He sure shined last night, didn't he?

--------------------

fastman

#257067 - 04/26/18 07:42 AM

Yes he did!!! Must be tuff managein a 9-1 game

I bet this afternoons game will be a classic.

Go Blues!!!!!!

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#257071 - 04/26/18 03:03 PM

I personally liked his decision to let a guy give up 2 hits, then a walk............and you go talk to him and let the bastard talk you into staying in the game........only to give up another walk for the go ahead run

I guess when you already drained your bullpen and your bench, your choices are limited. Maybe Oquendo can pitch still

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#257112 - 05/07/18 01:01 PM

Sweep of the Flubs. Took extra innings for 2 games, but a win is a win. Molina out for a month. I guess we will see how good Pena and Kelly are

Maybe Wainwright can stay hurt all season. Carpenter can go on the DK any day to clear a spot on the roster.

--------------------

last_stand

#257113 - 05/07/18 03:10 PM

All this jockeying around off season and now in season for Carps sake and it's just not there. It wasn't there for better part of last year either.

I like the guy, he is still doing his best and grinding his AB's, but if it isn't fundamental at the plate then he might have an injury keeping him from coming back or....maybe he isn't coming back to his .290-.300 level. He's there for his offense. He either gets it going or let Jed have a run at it and see if some pine time gets him going.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#257114 - 05/07/18 04:12 PM

Jed deserves his shot to play every day. Carp is now a come of the bench guy. They should have unloaded him last season. DeJong, Wong, and Martinez round out the infield good. Carp is the weak a lot. I don’t think he returns to his .300 numbers. I like him also, but is time has come and gone. Waiting can still away with his laugh 80 batting practice fast ball. No control. No movement. Just retire or go back to the bullpen for middle relief. Holland is still sketchy in my book. Norris or Hicks need to be saving games. Hicks can be he perfect setup man in the 8th until next season. Then let him have control of the 9th for a fraction on the cost of the vets.

--------------------

last_stand

#257116 - 05/07/18 04:43 PM

Knowing MM, this whole get off the teet with Waino and Carp I can see is going to be another sad chapter in how to fork up a season.

I would let Carp steep with Jed getting more time and see if that helps. The Cards made ALL their off season moves around Carpenter so they are going to be very reluctant to just toss him aside and the dude might just find it again too.

We need Waino to man up and do what's best for everybody. I think there's a realistic chance of that but sooner the better. If not, it's going to be painful. Sooo painful.

I still remember years ago not playing Pham when he was the obvious guy to play.

You remember that don't you dawg?

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

sptsman

#257120 - 05/08/18 11:20 AM

the problem with Carp and Waino is real simple. Emotion! Too many people, including the GM and Manager are emotionally tied to these guys and it will cost them more than a few games. Carpenter is a below average fielder, way below average base runner and a good hitter. When the good hitter part goes away, you're left with a drag on the roster. He needs to come off the bench or be traded away. As much as it would suck they could DFA him and it would help the team.

Waino is just done and can't come to grips wit it. That's OK and to be expected form a guy like him. But it is the GM and Manager's job to deal with it. Take the PR hit and move on...

--------------------

last_stand

#257144 - 05/13/18 05:31 PM

Yeah so MM pretty much mismanages another give away game on Saturday....is that 2 or three already?

Then we have to go with Waino and throw another away Sunday.

It's as if at the closing weeks of the season none of this matters.

I'm not putting it all on MM. Carp, Fowler and injuries are in on all of it. But this makes all the decisions around those guys and then the rest of it all....all the more important.

He has to know he is on thin ice if this year falls through.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#257146 - 05/13/18 10:59 PM

Waino walks 6 in 2 1/3 innings. Shocked MM didn’t leave him in there longer. Shocked he didn’t play Carpenter again today.

--------------------

last_stand

#257167 - 05/20/18 08:03 AM

So many mistakes. The players in the field and then, MM from the bench.

If they want to make Holland whole again, it has to be on Holland, not the team.

If you want to bring him in to a critical inning to get him right, he gets ZERO room. Walk a guy? Adios. Right then and there.

THAT'S how you bring a guy back. On his dime, not the teams. He brings himself back, or fork him anyway. And MM is every bit to blame as Holland with these fork ups.

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

#257169 - 05/20/18 10:09 AM

I don't ask for much ,but I really need for your team to beat the phillies today!! Think yall can handle that?
Thank you in advance!

By the way, I am miffed that LS hasn't congratulated me for the superior play of the Braves...

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

last_stand

#257170 - 05/20/18 10:22 AM

Well Bubba, where is your Braves thread?

Unlike yourself, I don't start threads on teams I could give a chit about.

bwaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

wuchangAdministrator

#257173 - 05/20/18 11:12 AM

Quote:

Bubba said:
I don't ask for much ,but I really need for your team to beat the phillies today!! Think yall can handle that?
Thank you in advance!

By the way, I am miffed that LS hasn't congratulated me for the superior play of the Braves...

Right now, I ain't sure the Birds could beat "New Money"

wuchangAdministrator

#257175 - 05/20/18 08:39 PM

After today's game.......New Money might be in trouble

last_stand

#257184 - 05/22/18 06:01 AM

So the dude who struck out 13 Phillies on Sunday might get sent down in the next 6 days?

Do I got that right?

--------------------

wuchangAdministrator

#257185 - 05/22/18 03:52 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:
So the dude who struck out 13 Phillies on Sunday might get sent down in the next 6 days?

Do I got that right?

They need to keep the kid and give him another start

send Holland down (or release him) and when Gregerson gets off the DL--
they can send him the same place they send Holland to keep him company

last_stand

#257186 - 05/22/18 05:44 PM

Just don't trust the decision makers.

A couple of points on my mind.

One, not sure they should do the 6 man rotation or not but it seems like a very good short term solution until a) and injury occurs to one of the 6 or b) one of the 6 doesn't pan out or 1 of the six bombs out.

Secondly, all this great news on our starters and talking heads are popping off about trade chips! WTF?

You can't take a kid who just struck out 13 on a hot Phillies team and put him back in the minors. See where it goes, please. And you sure as fork aren't TRADING HIM.

And then there's Holland. Starting to remind me of Jake Allen/Blues, although fortunately not on the same scale but just as mind numbing.

--------------------

wuchangAdministrator

#257188 - 05/22/18 10:01 PM

It was standard Holland outing
Gives up 2 singles and a walk to load bases then gives up 2 run single to Jon Jay

I am sure Matheny will say he left Holland in to give Holland a chance to "get right"

Once again The Beloved Leader of Men demonstrates his game management skills and Holland needs to do a term in the minors but being a Boras client that isn't likely

And while they are at it, they should send Gregerson and probably Cecil with him

last_stand

#257189 - 05/23/18 06:12 AM

This team has a ton of potential. No doubt players have to play but Matheney keeps getting in the way of any traction towards winning.

So he brings him back immediately after the last fiasco.

Leaves him in too long. AGAIN.

No lesson learned. AGAIN.

A 3-1 game in the ninth when we had 2 on and nobody out leads to a bunt.

Down 5-1, it leads to a DP.

All this chit matters.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#257190 - 05/23/18 06:25 AM

Holland has to go we keep hearing how he is going to come around. Dude got hurt.....missed and entire season and missed spring training. Dude Needs to get right in Memphis and not at the expense of the big club.

Let the 6 man rotation be put in place. Somemone will get hurt or their pitching falls off. Worst case, they all do well and you roll into the playoffs with 6 guys to choice from to start, and move the 2 worst to the bullpen for the playoffs.

How long until Carpenter is batting .200 for a month he hasn’t been right since his last injury in July 2016. Last year sucked. For the number of folks we keep putting on the DL, I’m shocked we are just a game out of 1st.

--------------------

last_stand

#257206 - 05/28/18 06:23 AM

While Cards try to find their real game they face the Brewers in Milwaukee while it is cubs against Pittsburgh at the same time.

Something tells me the Central might look a lot different come Thursday.

Tuesday game with Reyes return is some kind of facebook tv crap not shown on regular network. WTF.

--------------------

wuchangAdministrator

#257207 - 05/28/18 04:54 PM

Reyes returns on Wednesday Sparky

If you are foolish enough to watch anything on Facebook Watch, then you deserve whatever happens when they spam your browser.

I wonder what Front Office genius thought this is a good idea,especially after all the news about how they sell your info etc.

Fork Facebook

last_stand

#257208 - 05/29/18 06:27 AM

I don't know what face book watch is.

You'll have to fill me in.

Maybe tweet it out there.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

wuchangAdministrator

#257211 - 05/29/18 10:07 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:
I don't know what face book watch is.

You'll have to fill me in.

Maybe tweet it out there.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Tweet????

I see you are still in hockey mode

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#257213 - 05/29/18 01:21 PM

My question is who decided to give Brett Cecil nearly $8 million a year for 4 years.......and why are they still employed. Most likely the same one who thought it was a brilliant idea to lay Greg Holland $14 million a year.

They are both of about as useful as a white crayon. Cecil’s ERA is back up to his typical as a Cardinal 7.50+ value. Maybe him and Holland could share a hotel in Skngle A Palm Beach until say November. Holland after his surgery shoukdnhve been treated like a horse. Taken out back and put out of misery.

Rotation could go back to 5 starters pretty easy. Weaver needs to be back in Memfrica

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

#257215 - 05/29/18 04:43 PM

Hey , LS , I see y'all are 5 back now , been ciphering when they hit double digits. Thinking late June , how bout you.

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

last_stand

#257217 - 05/30/18 05:46 AM

They could do a week or two of 6 man, but I agree it needs to be 5 with the horses they will have going.

I'd keep Weaver up here for now. He could be a long relief guy in a game that still means something, provided matheney actually gets him in before it's too late. Or even work mid relief and later too. He has some good stuff, the pen needs a good arm, he can't learn any more in Memphis, he should be up here.

--------------------

last_stand

#257218 - 05/30/18 05:56 AM

Quote:

Bubba said:
Hey , LS , I see y'all are 5 back now , been ciphering when they hit double digits. Thinking late June , how bout you.

Well I don't know.

Since you being the guy with all the double digit experience I'd think you would just run with your own thoughts.

Brewers did shock the division there at the end....picking up Yelich and Cane on the same day........and they are a very good club. If not us, I'm good with them.

But Cards still have TEN on the disabled list. 80 mil worth. Some problems for sure and a couple of them look to be going no where so now it's up to Matheney to do the right thing and that is always the last thing a Cards fan wants to see. bwaaaaaaaaa. No more kid glove treatment for Fowler, Wong and Carp. And Ozuno, my god, 3 homers in 2 months??? He's gotta come around.

Lots of wood to chop but hang on Bubba, you might just see the best starting pitching staff in the majors in a week or two right here in the Lou.

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

#257219 - 05/30/18 04:44 PM

Ill be there on June 30 for the Braves game...The only chop I want to seed then is the tomahawk chop!

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#257220 - 05/31/18 01:05 PM

5 games is nothing to overcome. We overcame 8.5 games from the Braves. It’s not a Sprint.

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#257221 - 05/31/18 08:44 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
5 games is nothing to overcome. We over some 8.5 games from the Braves. It’s not a Sprint.

?? So is it a Verizon? An A T & T? A Cricket wireless?

Signed,
Confused

--------------------

last_stand

#257229 - 06/04/18 10:55 AM

So what's it going to be with this team?

Carp,even Fowler starting to turn up the BA. Ozuno finding his swing. One of the majors best starting rotations. Even defensively, they are way ahead of last year. All pretty good news.

But now it's Pham in a bit of a slump, Wong still lost at the plate. And that BP. That BP is NOT a play off caliber staff, changes have to be made.

I really like this team on paper but they have to get it all going together. Yadi's back and Martinez up to start and next 9 games are against sub .500 teams.

It's a long season and yeah they can waste more games and time and still make a run but right now they need 6-3 on this stretch and start playing to their abilities. This is a good team, bullpen aside, and they need to play like it.

--------------------

wuchangAdministrator

#257230 - 06/04/18 02:26 PM

Smart money's current estimate of playoff and wild card teams

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/standings/wildcard.jsp

If this is how it plays out-- Matheny will be toast

last_stand

#257237 - 06/05/18 05:12 AM

I think you just gave bubba a woody.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#257238 - 06/05/18 08:21 PM

When DeJong comes back, move Yairo Muñoz to 2nd. Or you find a way to get Gyorko in the lineup. Wong needs to be sitting his ass on a bench. Nader needs to be playing over Fowler. I wasn’t impressed with him as a Cub. He is way overpaid to produce the small amount he does. We grow outfielders in the minors. Always have. Why we got get an average outfielder for high money is stupid. Heyward was another waste of chasing or renting.

BP needs help. Cecil can take his money and leave. Holland can stay on the DL Lyons is a joke. 7.25+ ERA for the pen in the last 7 games. If the Cards me the playoffs, they better pray the starters go 9 innings every night. Best starting 5 in the Bigs. Worst pen at AA Level, let alone The bigs.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#257239 - 06/05/18 09:07 PM

Chewie valhalla can piss off and go back to whateve island he swam here from. Dude is horrible. Almost as bad as Cecil.

--------------------

wuchangAdministrator

#257240 - 06/05/18 09:38 PM

If they play as poorly as they did tonight....

truly pathetic

Matheny is a dead man walking

last_stand

#257242 - 06/06/18 06:46 AM

Like a B movie starring the keystone cops.

And not funny.

--------------------

sptsman

#257247 - 06/07/18 06:14 AM

I can't imagine what it would be like to plop down a few hundred bucks for good seats, parking and some concessions, then get treated to the crappy play this team has exhibited the last few games (and many, many others the past 2-4 seasons). What an embarrassment this team has become with regard to defense, base running and overall fundamentals...

--------------------

fastman

#257248 - 06/07/18 08:51 AM

Quote:

sptsman said:
I can't imagine what it would be like to plop down a few hundred bucks for good seats, parking and some concessions, then get treated to the crappy play this team has exhibited the last few games (and many, many others the past 2-4 seasons). What an embarrassment this team has become with regard to defense, base running and overall fundamentals...

True that is!!!!!!!!

And to add insult to injury..cardinal nation losses RED, one of the best ever birdoz.

Had the pleasue of shaking Reds hand bout 16 years ago @ Woods Fort Golf Course. Red looked amazing then. Truly a sad day, what a great man!!!!!!!!

We'll all miss the Redhead!!!!!!!

--------------------

last_stand

#257250 - 06/07/18 04:29 PM

RIP Red.

Won't see any one coming around again like him.

Shannon said he'd ask him to join him on a hunt and Red would turn it down.......Shannon then saying he would go to where the birds were all by himself. bwaaaaaaaaaaa

On Cards win today, whoo hoo. It is PAST TIME for Matheney to start benching the guys....any guys....who are out there unfocused and making 101 mental errors. So far, another season of acceptability, no messages sent, protecting his players. These guys don't need protection, they need a kick in the balls.

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

#257259 - 06/11/18 07:05 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:
I think you just gave bubba a woody.

Once again I find myself strangely aroused...

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

wuchangAdministrator

#257281 - 06/18/18 12:26 PM

Ok--it is June

Supposedly by this time in the season, you know what kind of team you have

Birds make the playoffs or will they be playing golf??

My call says golf

sptsman

#257283 - 06/18/18 01:24 PM

Quote:

wuchang said:
Ok--it is June

Supposedly by this time in the season, you know what kind of team you have

Birds make the playoffs or will they be playing golf??

My call says golf

Stranger things have happened but I wouldn't bet a plug nickel on 'em. The fact that they are as bad as they are and still only 4 games out give a glimmer of hope ... but just a glimmer...

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

#257311 - 07/01/18 04:43 PM

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

dabsAdministrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: New Money, USA

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #257399 - 07/14/18 09:29 PM

last_stand

Re: 2018 Cardinals [Re: dabs]
      #257401 - 07/14/18 09:56 PM

Better late than never.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#257422 - 07/16/18 12:55 PM

I see the west siders are busy here eating popcorn, while their team is well on their way to 100 losses on the year. Is it Nickle beer night at the K yet. Asking for a friend of course.

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

#257473 - 07/25/18 04:37 PM

Where the hell are the pages of Red Bird ball??? Ive been gone for a couple of weeks and you old money fair weather fans have abandoned your team....sad!

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

last_stand

#257487 - 07/29/18 02:13 PM

The last post on your own thread was 2 weeks ago dude.

--------------------

last_stand

#257488 - 07/29/18 02:20 PM

Have no strong opinion yet on Shildt but have to confess his tactical moves and even his pressers are so far refreshing and about 10 notches above MM.

On one point, yesterdays game, 4 run lead in the eighth and he again went to Hicks and Norris 2nd consecutive day. Not sure about that, and he should dam well know we need all three against chicago so why not at least try pen options to save those two for Sunday?

Will Hudson get the big call tonight if we can manage to stay in the game?

Secondly, Fowler given the entire left side of the infield his third AB. He dekes a bunt then goes back to his swinging ways and pops out. Does he not know how to bunt or is this just stupid?? Was that his decision or Shildt?

See Carpenter.

--------------------

last_stand

#257496 - 07/31/18 05:01 PM

Why the fork did MO ship Mercado off to Cleveland??

Did he run too fast for this franchise??

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#257498 - 07/31/18 09:48 PM

That’s Mo for you. I bet he wipes his ass before he Chits also.

--------------------

last_stand

#257501 - 08/01/18 04:59 PM

I'll be curious to see if Mercado makes their big club even before Sept 1st. He has great speed and solid defense and the guy can stand in too. Don't know enough about the 2 prospects we got but I was hoping to see Mercado in STL this year.

The question now is will they give O'neill and Bader the REAL chance to show what they have or does Dex get his usual spot?

--------------------

last_stand

#257502 - 08/01/18 05:01 PM

Say what you want about TP, but here's a class act quote on his way out the door:

"I'm just disappointed," he said. "I wanted to give more. I wanted to give more, from a playing perspective. I got involved in the community. I really enjoyed being able to do that. But I wish I had given more. I had an opportunity here. They gave me a chance."

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

#257503 - 08/01/18 08:17 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:

Say what you want about TP, but here's a class act quote on his way out the door:

"I'm just disappointed," he said. "I wanted to give more. I wanted to give more, from a playing perspective. I got involved in the community. I really enjoyed being able to do that. But I wish I had given more. I had an opportunity here. They gave me a chance. I JUST DIDN'T STEP UP"

I fixed it for you.....same old story, same old line.

griffin

sptsman

Re: 2018 Cardinals [Re: griffin]
      #257504 - 08/02/18 09:45 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

last_stand said:

"I'm just disappointed," he said. "I wanted to give more. I wanted to give more, from a playing perspective. I got involved in the community. I really enjoyed being able to do that. But I wish I had given more. I had an opportunity here. They gave me a chance. I JUST DIDN'T STEP UP"

I fixed it for you.....same old story, same old line.

griffin

Agreed... Here is what I posted at the end of last season. Had they seen the obvious, they could have received a much better return for him then:

I am going to disagree with most about Tommy pham. He has been great this year and that can't be denied. But he's 29 or 30 and has serious eye issues. He has trouble seeing in day games and it is very unlikely he can maintain the numbers he put up this year, once teams break him down and start pitching to him accordingly. Remember, it took him a long time to make it to the bigs. Use him as trade bait.

--------------------

last_stand

#257505 - 08/03/18 06:50 AM

While the Cards have their issues, the Royals are 41 games behind Boston.

That is all.

--------------------

sptsman

#257506 - 08/03/18 07:24 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:

That is all.

Ouch!!

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#257511 - 08/03/18 04:22 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:

That is all.

That’s what happen when new money decides to go all in for a 2 year run. When you do that you get 100 loss seasons. Welcome to new moneys start if a 30 year drought.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#257512 - 08/03/18 11:08 PM

Dexter Fowler might be gone for the rest of the season. Not that he was contributing for his crazy contract. . Fowler wasn’t even batting David Eckstein’s weight.......and now hopefully he Rides the pine for the rest of the season,

This is a perfect opportunity to bring up Oscar Mercado from AAA, with Pham traded. to see how fast he is and how good he can play defense.........oh wait.......never mind. We traded his ass for a couple Single A players. A guy who could be used right now and is MLB ready for a couple guys we won’t see for 3 seasons. SMH

--------------------

last_stand

#257517 - 08/05/18 04:41 PM

Waiting to see how that great move turns out. I still have never gotten an official explanation on Mo's brain fart on that one. I'm thinking it was a "roster" move having to do with MONEY.

So the Cards are 11-9 I think since Shildt took over. Nothing earth shattering, but they have won 3 series in a row and it's actually entertaining for the most part watching this team play.

He's changed a lot up, even MM lovers can't fault more than 20-30% of his moves. I thought he pulled JF an inning to soon today, but no, the rested pen got it done. He put Munoz in right for the eighth and he pretty much saved the game with a nice cutoff keeping the tying runner from advancing.

If Shildt can keep this team on it's present course, he deserves full consideration to stick. It's a big if, but I like this guy and fork the search for the "name brand" guy for the sake of it. They can probably sign Shildt to a short term deal and see what he can do.

Matt Rumplestiltskin Carpenter has woken up. And I mean big time!

Outside looking in. At least they are still looking.

--------------------

sptsman

#257518 - 08/06/18 06:50 AM

The Mercado deal was the result of a perfect storm of circumstances. There was/is the roster situation, a glut of outfielders and their internal evaluations. To be fair, the Cards don't have a bad record when it comes to trading minor league'rs to other teams. Not many have gone on to be great MLB'ers. Only time will tell if that move was good, bad or terrible.

This team is better than it was a month ago but that wasn't a very high bar to go over. Their base running is still atrocious and they have moved from horrific to just average on defense. The bullpen makeover and Carpenter becoming the ghost of Ted Williams have been the biggest factors. And, of course, the new skipper seems to have eliminated much of the "dumb-manager" moves that hurt them. Can Carp continue to rake? Can the bullpen hold up? Can the young pitchers keep it up? It's going to take a lot going right for a few months for them to even have a prayer at a wild card spot. Not likely but hopefully they don;t collapse and give us something to watch...

I'm all for giving Shildt a two year deal and see how he can do. He lacks the flash and name recognition but seems to know what the fork he's doing...

--------------------

HAUS
member for now

Loc: Paradise

#257522 - 08/08/18 10:38 AM

I can't hang with all you old forks on all this serious stuff, so does anyone else think francisco pena looks a chit load like oquendo??

checking the ol honest interweb, pena was born in 89. oquendo and tony were in stl together...??

--------------------
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day..

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: 2018 Cardinals [Re: HAUS]
      #257523 - 08/08/18 11:07 AM

There AINT NO WAY IN HELL that is Tony Pena’s kid. Looks like Oquendo was a secret weapon off the field also.

--------------------

HAUS
member for now

#257527 - 08/09/18 07:18 AM

--------------------

wuchangAdministrator

#257528 - 08/09/18 10:49 AM

Obviously he was a real Secret Weapon

last_stand

#257533 - 08/10/18 05:28 AM

No chatter from the east side on the upcoming series?

Huh.

--------------------

fastman

#257549 - 08/14/18 04:50 AM

No chatter on the win streak.

Huh.

The fat lady has been relagated to the bullpen and can dance with Carlos upon his return.

El Birdos are dangling that carrot. I like it.

--------------------

last_stand

#257550 - 08/14/18 07:16 AM

Pretty sweet win last night. Carp unreal but others did their part too.

It's just nice to be defensively sound up the middle with some players that can save some runs and then also produce at the plate as well.

Wish I could say same for JM but he and that bat crazy swing just too dang good to sit. 4/5 last night!

--------------------

sptsman

#257551 - 08/14/18 07:49 AM

Let's get through August to see if this is just a temporary bump from the change of leadership or the real deal. At a minimum, you can see a path to the playoffs, if they keep it up. Could be a fun few weeks or we could be back to mediocrity. Enjoying the ride for now...

--------------------

wuchangAdministrator

#257558 - 08/15/18 03:20 PM

Cecil was activated off the DL and is back on the 25 man roster
Webb optioned to Memhis

Lord have mercy

fastman

#257559 - 08/15/18 05:47 PM

WTF,,,,,,,,,,,

Get hot K Wong

--------------------

sptsman

#257560 - 08/16/18 11:10 AM

Quote:

wuchang said:
Cecil was activated off the DL and is back on the 25 man roster
Webb optioned to Memhis

Lord have mercy

If his role is anything other than clean-up duty or filling innings when the game is a blowout (either way), someone needs their head examined...

--------------------

last_stand

#257562 - 08/16/18 01:46 PM

Dear Mike,

Remember growing up and learning about kryptonite?

And remember bro, that was Super Man who stayed clear.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#257563 - 08/16/18 04:13 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Dear Mike,

What in the wide, wide, world of sports is goin' on around here?

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

wuchangAdministrator

#257564 - 08/17/18 11:13 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

last_stand said:
Dear Mike,

Is it code for some one needs to step up?

Oh......sorry
That is hockey

last_stand

#257565 - 08/19/18 05:00 AM

Quote:

griffin said:

Apparently, Cards suddenly have George Kissel jr calling the shots, 3 gold gloves up the middle, have graduated from pee wee on how to run the base paths, actually hit the baseball with runners on base and have a bullpen cleared of trash and clutter.

Apparently.

--------------------

wuchangAdministrator

#257567 - 08/19/18 06:25 AM

Like Andy said

It is still August

But you have to say—Wild Card team and 4 behind the baby bears from where they were at the break is impressive

fastman

#257568 - 08/19/18 07:53 AM

Impressive indeed.
What's not 2 like?
that fat ass first base dude last night. What a deekhed

Bader alone is worth the price of admission ( right now )

--------------------

wuchangAdministrator

#257574 - 08/20/18 08:44 AM

Must have been the Cafe jinx

Now 1/2 game out of WC and still 4 behind baby bears

last_stand

#257576 - 08/20/18 11:25 AM

I haven't a clue how this is going to come down with so many teams in the mix. This upcoming road trip alone is huge.

But I do think the cubs will not run away with it and perhaps even have issues themselves that Cards or Brewers could move on. Thinking pitching, and for STL if the Memphis Express can keep them coming I like the Cards chances to hang in there against those two.

And the likes of Cecil, Waino, et al cannot be forced on this staff if the kids are doing the job.

And Yadi needs a forking rest day. Enough already.

--------------------

fastman

#257577 - 08/20/18 12:14 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:

And Yadi needs a forking rest day. Enough already.

Preachin to the choir. He's awesome, but, lately not so much. I have to wonder on that one bad pitch yesterday

0-2..ya gotta throw that fork ball or what the fork ever it is.

Keep winning series' and we'll be just fine, Might not be so easy out west.

--------------------

Edited by fastman (08/20/18 12:15 PM)

fastman

#257580 - 08/21/18 12:25 AM

--------------------

fastman

#257581 - 08/21/18 11:36 PM

What a play by K. Wong in the 9th.

One more out.........and thats a winner.

Done!!!!!!!!!

Fun.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#257582 - 08/21/18 11:36 PM

I think Wong just made the best play I've ever witnessed by a 2nd baseman.........Holy Chit!!!

Who ARE these guys??

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

wuchangAdministrator

#257583 - 08/22/18 07:42 AM

2.5 behind the baby bears
In WC this morning

last_stand

#257584 - 08/22/18 10:13 AM

Of all the things changed for the better the defense is #1 in my book.

--------------------

HAUS
member for now

#257585 - 08/22/18 10:37 AM

obviously winning creates a positive atmosphere, but they've been play loose since the firing. I wonder if playing for a guy who doesn't cuss makes for a dull and/or awkward clubhouse?

I guess it doesn't matter, they're fun to watch again.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#257586 - 08/22/18 11:13 PM

Wow.......that's all.

--------------------

last_stand

#257620 - 09/01/18 08:19 AM

I'm going to puke if I see Cecil back on the mound again.

We don't need him. EVER. Paying him to sit is money well spent.

--------------------

wuchangAdministrator

#257621 - 09/01/18 02:57 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:
I'm going to puke if I see Cecil back on the mound again.

We don't need him. EVER. Paying him to sit is money well spent.

Cecil=

Is KC looking for left-handed pitching?????

last_stand

#257633 - 09/04/18 06:09 AM

My my........how many ways can you lose a game....or two?

Sure there is still time to make it right, but not with the crap of late.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#257634 - 09/04/18 06:39 AM

Probably doesn't bode well. Norris is done and Hicks is turning into Rick Ankiel.

I'm happy to settle for "fun to watch" after where they've been.....but I'm not delusional.

--------------------

fastman

#257635 - 09/04/18 08:21 AM

Seems 2 me we're really missing Wong & Jedd.
I agree bout Norris. No more Mr. 9th inning for Bud.
I like Hicks for the close.

I've never liked Molina battin second. For that matter, I don't think Carp is a leadoff dude.

Set O'neil on his ass until he can lay off the slider thats 2 feet outside.

Try a new batch of salsa, this last batch is tainted.

We'll see I suppose, oh yeah, play Munoz.

--------------------

sptsman

#257636 - 09/04/18 08:40 AM

Shildt's first major F-up was yesterday. Can't blame him for Sunday's debacle. Players have to make plays. When you can't put the game in the W column with bases loaded and nobody out, you deserve to lose.

Yesterday was about putting a player in a position he should have never been put. He had not only pitched the day before but choked as well. They have a 40 man roster and a pen full of live arms. It's like he picked up the phone in the 9th and called Matheny to ask, "What would you do?" Then followed his direction... I guess he gets a pass, based on what he's pulled off since mid-July. But man, I hope he learns from it (unlike Matheny).

And let's understand that J Martinez's at-bat in the 9th on Sunday is one of the reasons they need to trade him for some value in the off-season. He is 2018's version of 2017 Tommy Pham. A loooong time minor league player that has caught lightening in a bottle for a season. He is a below average defender and base runner. If he has any value, get what you can for him and move on, before the book on him gets figured out and his .309 average will be more in the .250 - .275 range.

Finally, is anyone else cringing at the idea of Wainwright starting a game, any game? I hope like heck they have the long reliever loosened up and ready. It needs to be a real short hook. I hope I'm wrong about this and will be the first to admit it... But I have very little hope that this is going to be anything other than a disaster...

I agree with griffin (gag, choke, gasp...), the team is at least fun to watch and games aren't so boring...

--------------------

last_stand

#257640 - 09/04/18 10:11 AM

Not sure what Shildt was thinking bringing in Norris after a 27 pitch disaster the day before. All too Mathenyesq for me.

3 key injuries and now a faltering J Martinez and then the Norris quandary.

Who knows with this group. I'd give Bubba's left nut to face the cubs in post season. Whatever they do, play the Munoz kid.

--------------------

last_stand

#257677 - 09/09/18 05:44 PM

Glad every one is rolling with the punches of this team because we're gonna punched in the gut pretty often!

A sweep in Motown woulda been nice instead it's samo samo.

If they get in, these guys are gonna entertain the hell out of us doing it.

Waino up next. Why do I feel like it's the Twilight Zone?

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

sptsman

#257679 - 09/10/18 11:39 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:

Waino up next. Why do I feel like it's the Twilight Zone?

I'm putting the over/under on innings for Waino at 4 2/3 and taking the under. Let's hope I'm wrong and he gives us 5 or 6 strong innings. Or that the Cards score about 10 runs and it won't matter...

--------------------

sptsman

#257686 - 09/11/18 09:46 AM

I missed it by one out. He made it five and I was screaming at the TV to take him out in the 3rd, after 4 or 5 straight hits or whatever it was. Fork all of this nostalgia. The dude is washed up as a starter. There is a chance he can give you 1 or 2 innings out of the pen but thinking he's going to give you 6 or 7 innings, allowing less than 3 or 4 runs is a fantasy. Are we supposed to think they can score 5-10 runs every time he pitches.

Last night was a roller coaster ride to be sure. Hard to imagine them winning that game once they were down 4-0 but they showed some grit and pulled it off.

How 'bout those Cubbies choking it away in September. I still think they'll get their chit together and win the Division but you never know. If the Brew-crew stays hot and has decent pitching down the stretch, they could be the Division champs and we could be playing the Cubs for the Wild Card spot...

--------------------

last_stand

#257689 - 09/11/18 04:11 PM

Chit give Ross a shot at a start or two.

Cards have the hardest sched by far over brew crew and cubs.

Hard to blame anyone but themselves on this opp.....all of em are important now but they end the last 6 games 3 at home with Milwaukee and then 3 on the road in chitcago.

Brang it.

--------------------

HAUS
member for now

#257690 - 09/12/18 07:21 AM

enjoy it, whatever the outcome. ain't none of em machines.

--------------------

wuchangAdministrator

#257713 - 09/15/18 06:54 AM

Hot in August
Lukewarm in September
Back to Earth—revert to form?

Gonna be a slog to the end and hope for that made for TV Wild Card game?

wuchangAdministrator

#257714 - 09/15/18 02:48 PM

17-4
Knocked out of WC

Will be even more uphill if they get swept tomorrow

wuchangAdministrator

#257717 - 09/17/18 06:05 AM

They trucked in some vintage pixie dust as Wainwright rolls back the clock and throws 5 innings of shut out ball

Birds crawl back into WC

On to Bubba’s Braves

last_stand

#257718 - 09/17/18 06:20 AM

12-6 was looking good.

Waino will never forget that performance last night.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#257722 - 09/17/18 08:58 AM

Cards go in for the sweep against Atlanta...........which puts them at 5 losses in a row, and is the start of another September Hotlanta meltdown.

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

#257736 - 09/19/18 08:42 AM

That ain't no chit!
Would yall please get the hell out of the ATL!

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

last_stand

#257766 - 09/21/18 04:51 AM

Pretty much need a sweep here. Running out of games. After SF, it's Milwaukee and then Shitcago.

--------------------

fastman

#257771 - 09/22/18 02:24 PM

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!

MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#257773 - 09/22/18 06:58 PM

I see the first 2 against SF as wins......I'll have a prediction on game 3 Monday.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#257780 - 09/23/18 09:40 PM

And then there was 6.

Make it fun guys.

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

#257791 - 09/24/18 04:34 PM

Oh , it is...

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

last_stand

#257797 - 09/25/18 07:02 AM

Again, so many mistakes hard to figure which exactly lost that one.

But I do know Norris is a dumb ass.

Lordy Lordy.

--------------------

sptsman

#257798 - 09/25/18 07:29 AM

Dear Bud Norris,

Thank you for the good work you did in the middle of the year when this team was sucking and you were one of the few bright spots most of the time. But your performances over the last month or two have been pretty bad and you make some really bone-headed plays. How 'bout we give you a great big atta-boy for the good work you did and you go sit over there. Please don't touch a baseball unless it is to play catch with someone that can benefit this team or to shag balls. People are already starting to think you're taking money from the Rockies and/or Brewers. No sense in giving them more reasons to be suspicious...

Thanks,

Cardinal Fans

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#257799 - 09/25/18 07:57 AM

Bud Norris was the cheese eating rat snitch for Matheny............he liked Mike and is busy trying to ruin the season, so Mike doesn’t look dumber than he already is.

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#257830 - 09/26/18 11:14 AM

Birds are now looking up at the Rockies in the WC. Birds have one more with the Brewers, a day off and then three in Shitcago (who are trying to fight off the Brewers for the pennant). The Rockies have two more at home against the Phillies (who they have absolutely smashed the last two nights) and then they have three more at home with the inconsistent Nats (who are out of it)to finish it out. Odds would be in the Rockies favor but it could change overnight. Cards need to get their game on starting tonight!

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#257836 - 09/26/18 09:14 PM

Last one out hit the lights.....this party is over.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#257838 - 09/27/18 05:43 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lT1o0sDwI

--------------------

fastman

#257841 - 09/27/18 07:43 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
Last one out hit the lights.....this party is over.

griffin

Oh yea of little faith.

--------------------

sptsman

#257843 - 09/27/18 09:04 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lT1o0sDwI

Its over

--------------------

HAUS
member for now

#257844 - 09/27/18 09:13 AM

cubs are lucky they stockpiled a bunch of wins early in the season. they're not going to last long, especially the way maddon loses his chit in the post season.

safe to say, if the cards had done the managerial change earlier on, they'd be sitting a lot better, but that's what hindsight is good for.

glad to see them embracing the youth movement though. I reckon they didn't have a choice with everyone getting hurt.. it'll be a fun weekend to watch, regardless.

--------------------

sptsman

#257847 - 09/27/18 10:33 AM

Quote:

HAUS said:
cubs are lucky they stockpiled a bunch of wins early in the season. they're not going to last long, especially the way maddon loses his chit in the post season.

safe to say, if the cards had done the managerial change earlier on, they'd be sitting a lot better, but that's what hindsight is good for.

glad to see them embracing the youth movement though. I reckon they didn't have a choice with everyone getting hurt.. it'll be a fun weekend to watch, regardless.

After watching two good teams whup up on them, it is pretty clear this Cards team is not going anywhere, even if they pull off a miracle and get in the post season. they did, however, make watching Cards baseball fun to watch again, for the last few months...

Milwaukee is stacked with both offensive and defensive talent. They have decent starting pitching and an outstanding bullpen. I can see them wiping the floor with the Cubs unless they choke. Always fund to watch the sure-thing teams get beat in the post season.

--------------------

last_stand

#257852 - 09/27/18 04:20 PM

Go Brewers and Go A's. In spite of Braun.

My teams are set, if the Cards don't pull off the miracle.

--------------------

HAUS
member for now

#257856 - 09/28/18 07:23 AM

cards have enough to go deep IF everyone were to stay healthy AND play to their ability. I don't think anyone would say they were lucky the past 2.5 - 3 months..

schildt got the guys to play to their ability more often than matheny did

so for the next three days we'll get to see who wants to keep playing baseball and who wants to golf and deep sea fish next week

--------------------

last_stand

#257859 - 09/28/18 09:33 AM

That pick off call by Shildt in game 1 Brewer series was as bad as it gets. That was the series, right there. Totally uncalled for and as dumb as it gets.

I like Shildt, but he's better than that, I hope.

--------------------

HAUS
member for now

#257860 - 09/28/18 10:06 AM

good grief old timer.. if the play was executed properly, would he still be a dumbass for calling it?

just because the player(s) didn't get the job done, doesn't mean the manager is an idiot. how many times have your employees f'd up something on a job? Are you the dumbass for hiring them?

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#257866 - 09/28/18 06:35 PM

OK Haus.....I'm on your team. I played baseball my entire childhood and I'm a St. Louis kid so I have to care. I hope they can pull it off.

I just think the young arms are tired.....and they gave it hell, showed what they can be....but it's over. Tired is tired.

Goddamit!! If they would just step up they could reach the summit of Last Stand's knowledge.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#257867 - 09/29/18 07:01 AM

Moustakas was never going any where. He was three paces off the bag to boot. And a dumbass was on the mound with the leading run on third.

And as far as execution goes, that botched play was nothing new. bwaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Heck they got three runs on 1 hit that inning and pretty sure this team leads the majors in errors so yeah.........that's one big IF for execution for a totally unnecessary play call.

--------------------

dabsAdministrator

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #257869 - 09/29/18 06:24 PM

Shildt is phonetically just one “L” from being...well, we’ll leave that for last stand.

Regardless, the Cardinals will have t-times on Monday just like the Royals, but it didn’t take us 12 pages of cheerleading to not make the playoffs. :lol:

last_stand

#257870 - 09/30/18 05:39 AM

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. That's a laugher. Almost as big as the Royals.

I like Shildt and like his management style. Maybe Mo will get off his azz and actually help the guy next year.

--------------------

wuchangAdministrator

#257871 - 09/30/18 07:43 AM

Hang in there Dabs

Sometime in the next 50 years I am sure we will have a 12 page thread about how the Royals make the playoffs

You can then go rah rah while the ninja nurse’s aide wipes the drool from your lower lip.

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#257872 - 09/30/18 09:23 AM

I like beer.

griffin

--------------------

dabsAdministrator

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #257873 - 09/30/18 09:41 AM

Quote:

wuchang said:
Hang in there Dabs

Sometime in the next 50 years I am sure we will have a 12 page thread about how the Royals make the playoffs

You can then go rah rah while the ninja nurse’s aide wipes the drool from your lower lip.

Hey...it gives me hope.

Till then I will continue to take in 100 to 110 games a year. And....cherish in the 14 and 15 runs.

My question about the Cardinals is this though - I watched part of a game the other in the rain they were playing. How do they even expect to be a contending team in the closing week of the season with Ozuna continuing in Left field? He should be getting his arm fixed instead of playing on the field. Kid has potential to be a horse for years to come and they are risking his future in my opinion. He was basically throwing the ball back in underhanded

Edited by dabs (09/30/18 09:44 AM)

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#257874 - 09/30/18 10:54 AM

Quote:

dabs said:
Shildt is phonetically just one “L” from being...well, we’ll leave that for last stand.

Regardless, the Cardinals will have t-times on Monday just like the Royals, but it didn’t take us 12 pages of cheerleading to not make the playoffs. :lol:

That's just harsh Rick.. but funnier than hell!

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#257875 - 09/30/18 03:00 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
Quote:

dabs said:

Eh.....12 pages or 35 years.....I guess it's all the same over there, huh?

--------------------

dabsAdministrator

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #257876 - 09/30/18 03:06 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

IIFID said:
Quote:

dabs said:

Eh.....12 pages or 35 years.....I guess it's all the same over there, huh?

You like beer!!!

Bubba
strangesly aroused

#257878 - 09/30/18 04:30 PM

Since you old money dudes don't have a horse in this race...I ask for your support for America's Team .

And for you new money dudes..I thank you in advance!

Last Stand , can't I even get one small congrats?

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

dabsAdministrator

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #257879 - 09/30/18 09:32 PM

The Cadinals haven’t been in the playoffs since Houston changed their password

Edited by dabs (09/30/18 09:32 PM)

last_stand

#257880 - 10/01/18 05:41 AM

congrats

--------------------

wuchangAdministrator

#257881 - 10/01/18 06:51 AM

Congratulations Bubba and your Braves winning the Nat East

I hope you can do three things

1. Get the Brave's fair weather fans to cut the tomahawk chop nonsense. Your team is good enough without the gimmick.

2. Send the Cardinals the password to the Braves database, we need to win a couple of extra games each year to make the playoffs

3. Send the Braves database password to the Royals since they were 40 games out from making the playoffs... and please add the instructions on how to turn the computer on
With a 58-104 record they can use all the help they can get or their team motto will end up being

"Royals,yeah, we suck but at least we ain't Baltimore"

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#257890 - 10/02/18 12:01 PM

Quote:

dabs said:

The difference is the Cardinals scheduled their T time in September. Royals players booked their at the end of the 2017 season for all of 2018.

--------------------

HAUS
member for now

#257891 - 10/02/18 12:58 PM

regardless of who wins, I will find great joy in watching maddon mishandle his pitching staff like he always does in the postseason. dude is a walking brainfart in big games..

Go Rockies!

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#257892 - 10/02/18 05:02 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Quote:

dabs said:

The difference is the Cardinals scheduled their T time in September. Royals players booked their at the end of the 2017 season for all of 2018.

And yet the end result is the same..

--------------------

sptsman

#257900 - 10/03/18 08:26 AM

Quote:

HAUS said:
regardless of who wins, I will find great joy in watching maddon mishandle his pitching staff like he always does in the postseason. dude is a walking brainfart in big games..

Go Rockies!

Welp, you got your wish but hard to blame that one on Maddon. Hitters gotta hit!!

Dayum that Cubs loss was good to see. I was flying home from Boston and watched most of the game on the plane. I had to turn the volume down. That split-tail analyst is more than I can endure. Got to watch the end from my sofa at home.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#257902 - 10/03/18 08:36 AM

Quote:

IIFID said:
Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Quote:

dabs said:

And yet the end result is the same..

Very true. But unlike the westsiders, there was a reason to watch the Cardinals, who stayed in the chase until the last week of the season. The Royals were never in it and won’t be in it for for several more. Just find something else to keep you entertained with all summer for the next 8-10 seasons.

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#257903 - 10/03/18 08:58 AM

For all you talk about "New Money" (it's almost like a fixation), you don't pay very close attention to them. "New Money" traded off most of the older players they could mid-season when they acknowledged they would suck this year. Several of the young players (especially some SP's) they received in return will be very productive MLB players in the next 2 seasons. Add in a player (Merrifield) who led all of baseball in both hits and stolen bases, a young shortstop (Mondesi) who is a stud offensively and defensively and they were very enjoyable to watch the last six weeks of the season. Some young talent (i.e. O'Hearn) got a chance to play earlier than expected and played well. They didn't kick the ball around much and ended up ranked as the 6th best defensive team in MLB (BTW The Cards ranked 30th). While I don't think they'll contend in 2019, they aren't that far away and should be fun to watch. We will have a couple of large, and admittedly not very smart, contracts (Kennedy & Gordon) falling off in a couple years and they will spend it on some free agents.

--------------------

last_stand

#257905 - 10/03/18 09:31 AM

Taped the end just to see the crowd on the last out.

Rockies and Freeman had quite the game.

Believe me, cub fans are in shock. The good kind.

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#257906 - 10/03/18 09:35 AM

I'd love to see the exact same look on Yankees, Dodgers and Red Sox fans as well.. I probably won't but it's nice to dream..

--------------------

last_stand

#257907 - 10/03/18 09:36 AM

Haus Rockies with the big win on the road in a very hostile park. Showed me a lot.

But gotta say not a fan of baseball in Denver with the thin air. Their team is made for that place I get it but just not the same game there, imo.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#257909 - 10/03/18 10:13 AM

Quote:

IIFID said:
For all you talk about "New Money" (it's almost like a fixation), you don't pay very close attention to them. "New Money" traded off most of the older players they could mid-season when they acknowledged they would suck this year. Several of the young players (especially some SP's) they received in return will be very productive MLB players in the next 2 seasons. Add in a player (Merrifield) who led all of baseball in both hits and stolen bases, a young shortstop (Mondesi) who is a stud offensively and defensively and they were very enjoyable to watch the last six weeks of the season. Some young talent (i.e. O'Hearn) got a chance to play earlier than expected and played well. They didn't kick the ball around much and ended up ranked as the 6th best defensive team in MLB (BTW The Cards ranked 30th). While I don't think they'll contend in 2019, they aren't that far away and should be fun to watch. We will have a couple of large, and admittedly not very smart, contracts (Kennedy & Gordon) falling off in a couple years and they will spend it on some free agents.

Why would I need to follow a team with a tradition of losing and bandwagon fans. I can read the standings and figure out what I need to. It’s really all that matters. You said that yourself. There is no fixation with a losing team. The fan base doesn’t show up in winning playoff run seasons. New money got rid of their players. They always do. They get new talent, and then get rid of it when the team under Performs

New money was here to stay remember. They were the DEAL. LEGIT. contenders for a long time. One year removed from a WS title and its 100 losses. Last 6 weeks of the season they were 23-21. That’s only 8 games above .500 on an entire season. I’m sorry. That’s doesn’t get you in the playoffs unless you play in the week ass AL Central........and it still doesn’t get you into the playoffs.i guess if barely above .500 baseball is something to be excited about crow on Rooster, crow on. Royals were 26-31 the last 2 months of the season also.

Having young talent doesn’t always make a difference. Cardinals had amazing young arms. They got tired late and faltered. Reyes got hurt again. Another young arm gone. Wacha gone. Another arm gone. More players got hurt. It takes depth behind a platoon of amazing young talent to help Out. KC might have some talent but not depth of talent. An injury or two and your back to the 100 loss season. Wear out those young arms early and you are back to 80 loss seasons.

I’m just sitting back here observing all the new money longevity and LEGIT contenders for years to come that was talked about. No Worries though........you still have some time to start your 2020 Royals baseball thread when y’all might contend again.

--------------------

HAUS
member for now

#257911 - 10/03/18 11:32 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:
But gotta say not a fan of baseball in Denver with the thin air. Their team is made for that place I get it but just not the same game there, imo.

if the thin air bothers you, buy a ticket on the lower level so you don't have to climb as much..

otherwise, it's still baseball.

--------------------

dabsAdministrator

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #257912 - 10/03/18 12:11 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
...I’m just sitting back here observing all the new money longevity and LEGIT contenders for years to come that was talked about. No Worries though........you still have some time to start your 2020 Royals baseball thread when y’all might contend again.

So...are you saying you think the Royals might be contend in 2020? I thought it was going to be 30 years before they contended again? Five years down from 30 is quite a change

About the same time period it has been since the Cardinals have been a contender

Oh look, a butterfly....back to you Tim

dabsAdministrator

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #257914 - 10/03/18 12:13 PM

Quote:

HAUS said:
Quote:

last_stand said:

if the thin air bothers you, buy a ticket on the lower level so you don't have to climb as much..

damn

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#257915 - 10/03/18 01:03 PM

Quote:

HAUS said:
Quote:

last_stand said:

Soooo....are you saying that Last Stand should NOT step up??

griffin

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#257917 - 10/03/18 03:11 PM

Quote:

dabs said:
Quote:

H2ODOG said:
...I’m just sitting back here observing all the new money longevity and LEGIT contenders for years to come that was talked about. No Worries though........you still have some time to start your 2020 Royals baseball thread when y’all might contend again.

So...are you saying you think the Royals might be contend in 2020? I thought it was going to be 30 years before they contended again? Five years down from 30 is quite a change

About the same time period it has been since the Cardinals have been a contender

Oh look, a butterfly....back to you Tim

I'm not saying the west side bandwagon watching folks will have something to do in 2020 but continue to talk about how they didn't make the playoffs yet another year. Tim is the guy saying they compete in 2020.

The Cardinals didn't make the playoffs for the 3rd year in a row. The last time that happened was 1999, instead of missing the playoffs for literally 28 years. There are worse things to do for 3 straight seasons.......like lose 100+ games a year for 3 straight seasons.

By all means though.....please continue on how New Money is here to stay and will compete for years to come. That's a paraphrase about what was said when yall make 2 straight post season trips. Then the wheels fell off the bus, everyone got off and 11,000 now show up for $2 beer nights. Hell the Royals have fallen so far we don't even get a Royal thread by an actual Royals fan in this dump, no matter how good or bad they are.

I would help yall , but it seems Royal's management is already doing such a damn fine job at it their self.

Carry on

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#257918 - 10/03/18 03:23 PM

Quote:

HAUS said:
Quote:

last_stand said:

Who knew a guy hitting a round ball with a round bat changed so much in LS’s mind in Denver. Either a guy can hit or he can’t. Colorado isn’t taking a bunch of .225-250 hitters and turning them into .275-300 hitters.

--------------------

MelModerator

Loc: Excelsior Springs, MO

#257982 - 10/18/18 01:36 PM

Well I watched the Royals to the bitter end. And I think they played much better after the All-Star break. We (and I say we because they are still my team) will be much better next year. The young kids showed they know how to play. After they got games under their belt the talent was apparent. The problem to be rectified during the off-season is bolstering their pitching. They won't win their division but I doubt they will lose 100 again next year.

--------------------
Member DU, Delta

Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names - John Kennedy

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 13 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5446

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page