CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | >> (show all)
sptsman

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: Missouri

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: dabs]
      #256035 - 10/10/17 08:22 PM

4 in a row. Solid win!! Can't win them all if you don't win the first 4...

Go Blue!!

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: sptsman]
      #256036 - 10/11/17 05:10 AM

Hutton played as well as Allen.

They were gassed in the third but hung on and NY goalie pull at 2:00 was a big mistake.

These 8 points might mean a lot more come March in this league.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: last_stand]
      #256037 - 10/11/17 11:28 AM

Oh, don't worry, LS, I'm still out......just like the Blouse will be if they don't figure out to play 3 periods of hockey.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: griffin]
      #256038 - 10/11/17 01:25 PM

I’m still out. Dallas Stars are on TV nightly where I’m at for some reason. I’m still wondering if the Blouse have won a game?? It doesn’t seem to make the news here.

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

sptsman

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: H2ODOG]
      #256039 - 10/11/17 04:53 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
I’m still out. Dallas Stars are on TV nightly where I’m at for some reason. I’m still wondering if the Blouse have won a game?? It doesn’t seem to make the news here.

Perhaps you missed the game where they owned those Stars.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#256040 - 10/11/17 05:26 PM

Ya I did. I honk I might have been crappie fishing that evening and night. Sorry. I’ll catch the next one.......meaning the next fish.

--------------------

last_stand

#256044 - 10/12/17 06:02 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
Oh, don't worry, LS, I'm still out......just like the Blouse will be if they don't figure out to play 3 periods of hockey.

griffin

They have more problems than that.

It's hockey bro......wtf else is there.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256045 - 10/12/17 08:21 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

griffin said:

griffin

They have more problems than that.

It's hockey bro......wtf else is there.

Dude - I watch at least some hockey every night....I love hockey.

But I don't feel any different about the Blouse then I did last year. It's way past time to just let this team be mediocre year after year. The St. Louis fans have proven themselves to be some of the most loyal in the NHL. There should have been wholesale management changes last year and I don't see the ship getting righted without it, much less a serious run at the cup.

It's a nice start and 8 pts. is 8 pts. no matter where you get them in a season, but no, I now feel let down by a team I've been loyal to for 50 years. No more loyalty without some big management changes and different personnel philosophy.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

last_stand

#256047 - 10/12/17 03:31 PM

Whatever you gotta do. But Doug Armstrong is no more gonna take that team away from me than the man on the moon.

I expect this team to have its issues and struggles because that roster I see doesn't exactly spell SCF's. That's on him, either way it goes. But aside from a player or two, like most teams, it has zero to do with "no heart" by these players.

So I watch too cuzz I like hockey and then again because just maybe some magic of '64 or '11 might strike like lightening when a blink of an eye was the difference between champions and losers. You're done with that I get it, not really though, but I'll hang onto my deal just the same.

As always, Go Blue!

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256048 - 10/12/17 05:00 PM

I'm always gonna be "go Blue"....but it's high time to give something back.

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Loc: Lemmingstan

#256050 - 10/12/17 05:29 PM

Damn skraight!

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

last_stand

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: Bubba]
      #256051 - 10/13/17 05:11 AM

Has anyone from the bottom six scored a goal this year??

Can it be the Steen of old that comes back soon??

--------------------

sptsman

#256056 - 10/14/17 09:40 AM

Oh chit, they lost a game!! Fire Armstrong!! Fire Yeo!! The players have no heart!!! Get new management!! Get new players!! Get a new philosophy!! Blah, blah, blah...

The Blues have been in the league 50 years. They've had at least 5 owners or ownership groups that I can think of off the top of my head (so is it probably 6 or 7 or even 8). They've changed "directions" fifty-eleven times and changed GM's and coaches more than griffin changes his socks. Fork more change. We finally have an owner that sincerely wants to bring a Cup here. He went out and got one of the most highly regarded GM's in hockey (regardless of the hatred a certain retired teacher has for him, the rest of the NHL and international hockey community holds him in high regard). He then surrounds that GM with a top tier coach in Hitchcock. When that didn't work, he got another well respected NHL'er and paid the jack to get him under contract. He then approves bringing in top tier assistants and consultants (anybody see what happened with the netminding when Brodeur worked with them? Or with the defensive production when Larry Robinson arrived? Or the intensity when Ott became an assistant? If you answer no to any of these, pay the fork attention!!). As if all of that wasn't enough, he approves paying to keep Parayko and making the move to get Schenn.

In short, this owner wants a Cup more than any of us and he is doing everything he thinks it will take to bring it here. He's putting his money where his mouth is. While none of us will agree with every move, the overall scene here is pretty damn positive!! So, you forkers that are calling for Armstrong's head on a platter appear to just be in need of something to biatch about or the common sense has leaked out of your brain. Just who the fork do you think is going to replace him that is going to do better? And after watching his moves this off-season, I'd say he is batting about .800 (yes, the Berglund move irritates me but I understand their reasoning - I just disagree with it).

Yes, this team has a few holes that are going to need to be filled by some youngsters or a trade, later in the year. But it has less holes than last year. Both Stillman and Armstrong made no bones about the fact that last year was going to be a step back, in order to move forward. And they still were one of 8 teams left at the end of the season. Unless you are just bitter about the 50 year drought and can't get over it, you have to be blind to not see that this team is heading in a positive direction.

As for me, I'll stay on board until I see a complete meltdown or the owner giving up. For now, I see an owner that cares deeply and a team heading in the right direction. I'll leave the biatching and name calling to the malcontents that probably can't be satisfied, no matter what the Blues do... The only serious change they need to make is to get rid of that stupid forkin' towel guy!!

Whatdoyathink Bubba?

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256057 - 10/14/17 02:07 PM

Hey, wake me up if I start to snore.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#256058 - 10/15/17 05:51 AM

Hockey has to own the biggest "good 'ol boys" club in sports. Armstrongs "regard" there means little.

He's had his share of good trades, bad trades, and then the mind boggling contract extensions here of late. He is NOT a top GM by any stretch when based upon performance. Batting .800 because he landed Schenn while he had to literally dump his mistake, Lehtera in doing so? And where is our top center to lead us to the promise land? How many years now? And don't tell me Stasny, that was made clear years ago. We need to get OVER THE TOP, not hang around the top for another decade.

I like Stillman and this group he represents. They are paying the piper and trying. But that good ol boy clubby thing has to end. This roster can't keep overachieving so he can keep his job.

Marty Broduer, anyone? I'd do it because....this franchise does need a top GM and....why the fork not?

--------------------

sptsman

#256075 - 10/17/17 10:22 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Marty Broduer, anyone? I'd do it because....this franchise does need a top GM and....why the fork not?

My guess is Broduer is getting experience to take a GM job somewhere but that us just a guess. Is he really qualified? Does he really even want a full time GM job? Who knows...

No doubt the NHL is a good ol' boys club but let's not pretend it is any more so than MLB or the NFL. Look at the re-treads those leagues have in manager/coach/GM positions.

--------------------

last_stand

#256076 - 10/17/17 10:58 AM

I don't have to pretend. NHL is biggest GOBC in sports and then there's the bad hair cuts and bad suits to boot. bwaaaaaaaaaa

Broduer straightened Allen out so I can only guess he'd do the same with his next franchise. I suggest let that be Saint Louis. Smart guy, huge winner, perfect fit.

C'ya Doug.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256078 - 10/17/17 11:27 AM

I'm going to lay down and block hwy 270, or the entrance to a Taco Bell, or possibly an Arby's, until Armstrong is gone.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#256083 - 10/17/17 04:40 PM

hmmmmmm........it's a good cause, well above taco bell or arby's palate.

So where on 270 will this be taking place.... just in case I happen to be nearby?

bwaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

sptsman

#256091 - 10/18/17 08:35 AM

He will be jumping, head first onto the southbound lanes from the Big Bend overpass. That will close down the highway for a while. They'll have to repair the surface where his thick skull made a dent...

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#256095 - 10/18/17 11:52 AM

I see the Shipmis taking on water. Y’all helping bale it out or throwing water back in the boat.

--------------------

last_stand

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: H2ODOG]
      #256097 - 10/18/17 04:53 PM

Another dawg post in a Blues thread. Wonders never cease, nor does the dawg.

It might be early season but a big one tonight. Goals man Goals......this team has got to start scoring the forking goals.

--------------------

fastman

Reged: 01/01/06
Loc: missouri

#256098 - 10/19/17 07:37 AM

5 enough for ya ls??

--------------------
"A man will heedlessly charge a cannon, but puke at the sight of 6 inches of steel." Jim Bowie

last_stand

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: fastman]
      #256099 - 10/19/17 08:15 AM

Indeed!

Steens return allowed for Blais to play the second line, Sobi back to 3rd and Jaskin down to fourth. One guys return had that impact and it's a much better set of lines than before.

This team is going to need plenty of goals to compete, I don't see the shutdown D to count on.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256101 - 10/19/17 09:42 PM

Big home game, and win, on Wed. night, then travel to Colorado to play at altitude less than 24 hours later. That's a tall order this early in the season. I don't know when I've seen a team just stand around as much as the Note did, from the Colorado power play near the end of the 2nd, through the 3rd period. That was a gassed hockey team.

So...........nice win for them. That's 2 pts. they probably couldn't have counted on.

It's a long season, but the first 1/10th has been good. Time will tell.

It's curious, the Blues goaltending has been good, but only two teams in the conference have allowed more goals. Then again, only one team has scored more.

I don't know about that formula for future success.....that likely won't be a winner in the long term. Then again, I don't remember a Blues team who's defensemen pushed up ice as much as they are doing under Yeo. We'll see.

griffin

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 196 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 16090

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page