CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: << 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | >> (show all)
griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: wuchang]
      #256370 - 11/29/17 08:24 PM

I gotta say.......it's kind of amazing. Berglund has been out for almost 7 months and his game hasn't missed a beat.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
sptsman

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: Missouri

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: griffin]
      #256371 - 11/30/17 05:42 AM

He is the anchor that will slow this fast moving ship down... You never want to wish and injury on anyone but maybe a trade? A call to the religious life? Something, anything...

Perhaps it wouldn't bother me so much if I didn't have to listen to otherwise, seemingly intelligent hockey announcers, media, etc. praise him like we can't trust our own eyes and need them to tell us how good he really is. I get the Coach doing it. He and his staff sort of have to. But why, pray tell, do guys like Pang and Kelly and even Chase heap so much praise on this slug? I can read box scores and stat sheets. I can watch games and see how he doesn't go into the dirty areas as much as others and when he does, he isn't nearly as strong on the puck as guys with much less size. He's 6'-4" 225 for pete's sake!!! He should own the boards, the corners and the front of the net. He's a puss that give 100% about half the time he's on the ice.

Now watch, he'll have a good game or two mixed in with the 6 or 8 bad ones. Last night was an embarrassment and all we got was excuses about him getting his legs and timing back. How about doing that in the forking AHL or in the Brentwood rec league. Not at the NHL level where it can cost games, like it did last night. No, that loss was not 100% on him but he sure gets to claim a large part of it...

Berglund rant over... for now...

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: sptsman]
      #256372 - 11/30/17 05:59 AM

2 penalties on him and two goals scored on us with that amazing performance.

Apparently, if a team is pissed off enough, they can come into the game and win it rather handily from the more and more often unprepared Blues.

I get we're not gonna win every game but man do we lose ugly. Getting to be a pattern.

This team needs a top 6 guy who can threaten to score and get Sobi where he belongs, on the third line. When that happens with the right guy the team will be set and the rest is up to them.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: last_stand]
      #256373 - 11/30/17 07:30 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:

Apparently, if a team is pissed off enough, they can come into the game and win it rather handily from the more and more often unprepared Blues.

I get we're not gonna win every game but man do we lose ugly. Getting to be a pattern.

I'm not going to beat you up with re-hashing my problems with this team's heart and why I don't think they're going anywhere, regular season record be damned.

If you look at the 4 home games they have lost, for certain 3 of them were against teams that they should easily have gotten 2 points against. But the lesser teams come into the Blues building, coming off of embarrassing defeats, lookiung to make a statement against "the best team in the league" (record wise), and push the Blouse around. That's a persistent problem for this team and it speaks to the heart of the team. This problem will look bigger when the playoffs roll around if they don't get it fixed.

As for #21......I agree with Andy. What in the hell does he have on the announcers and even some teammates that makes them sing his praise. He's a joke out there.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

#256374 - 11/30/17 08:17 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
I gotta say.......it's kind of amazing. Berglund has been out for almost 7 months and his game hasn't missed a beat.
griffin

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAgaspHAHAHAHAHAHAHAspitHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: IIFID]
      #256375 - 11/30/17 08:22 AM

Yeo is trying everything to make it work - to the detriment of the team. If my eyes didn't deceive me, at one point I saw "The Swedish Slug" out there with Tarasenko and Schwartz. WTF would you do that and mess with that line?

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: IIFID]
      #256376 - 11/30/17 08:35 AM

Quote:

IIFID said:
Yeo is trying everything to make it work - to the detriment of the team. If my eyes didn't deceive me, at one point I saw "The Swedish Slug" out there with Tarasenko and Schwartz. WTF would you do that and mess with that line?

#21 had just gotten out of the penalty box, and the play went into the offensive zone so he went with it. He got off when the puck went the other way.

Thank God.

--------------------

last_stand

#256377 - 11/30/17 11:44 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

last_stand said:

I'm not going to beat you up with re-hashing my problems with this team's heart and why I don't think they're going anywhere, regular season record be damned.

If you look at the 4 home games they have lost, for certain 3 of them were against teams that they should easily have gotten 2 points against. But the lesser teams come into the Blues building, coming off of embarrassing defeats, lookiung to make a statement against "the best team in the league" (record wise), and push the Blouse around. That's a persistent problem for this team and it speaks to the heart of the team. This problem will look bigger when the playoffs roll around if they don't get it fixed.

As for #21......I agree with Andy. What in the hell does he have on the announcers and even some teammates that makes them sing his praise. He's a joke out there.

griffin

Beat me up?
bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

They have, TO DATE, showed plenty of heart this year. You're as stubborn as they come.

Yes, AS I POINTED OUT, they have fallen off their game completely in 3 games of the 8 they have lost. That's 3 of the 25 they have played. Context, please. Name any other team TO DATE that has done better, in that regard. And they have done all this TO DATE without a decent PP, PK or goalie. It's not magic, it's a top scoring line and then a team with a lot of heart.

Your not a fan, I am, I get that. TO DATE this team has proven you dead wrong and plain surprised the heck out of me.

As for the rest of the season, sure, it could turn and then you can say samo samo. I say they need a top six guy and some improvement on ST's and better tending, and this team can roll well past what I originally thought.

We'll see soon enough.

I am anxious to see how Yeo handles this team and its roster and its ups and downs going forward. he needs to make some decisions that are best for the team and he better do it if he wants to truly chase this thing down.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256378 - 11/30/17 12:07 PM

pffffft....their losses are to mostly back of pack teams. How many NHL teams do y9ou want me to show you that DON'T lose to those teams???

THIS TEAM, AS IT SITS, CANNOT GO DEEP IN THE PLAYOFFS.....NOTHING ELSE MATTERS!!!!

--------------------

last_stand

#256379 - 11/30/17 02:17 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
pffffft....their losses are to mostly back of pack teams. How many NHL teams do y9ou want me to show you that DON'T lose to those teams???

Yes, show me dude.

In the meantime I'll show you 2 others who do.

Average of record:

1) Best team in the NHL
Tampa Bay/opposing team record
12.8 W 8.7 loss 2.2 Loss in OT

2) Your own fav, the bandwagon team with the ugly jerseys:
Nashville/opposing team record
12.3 W 8.7 loss 2.7 Lost in OT

3) STL BLUES/opp team record
12.8 W 7.5 loss 2.4 loss in OT

If your having trouble I'll help you out. Blues lost to stronger teams, teams with better records, than the best team in the nhl and the team that is the darling of the league and the worlds bestest hockey club.

I know Blues winning it's been a tough start for you 'n all and you're anxious for the big swoon so we can all hear about how right you are a few hundred more times but you need to settle down and cool your jets for now.....timing is everything.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

last_stand

#256380 - 11/30/17 02:19 PM

Quote:

griffin said:

THIS TEAM, AS IT SITS, CANNOT GO DEEP IN THE PLAYOFFS.....NOTHING ELSE MATTERS!!!!

If that's really it....and you are not a fan......wtf....go to Columbus or Nashville or whatever the latest plan is but why the hell hang with them? Not a fan, no heart, not tough enough......so......are you just stupid?

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256381 - 11/30/17 05:34 PM

Yeah, it finally occurred to me that over the last decade or so, when I should have finally known better, that I WAS stupid for supporting that team. I'm still a fan, I just won't support them.

Now, I just enjoy watching you be stupid.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#256382 - 12/01/17 05:15 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
Yeah, it finally occurred to me that over the last decade or so, when I should have finally known better, that I WAS stupid for supporting that team.
griffin

Sorry but.......I need to pause right now and just let this soak in for awhile. Kind of like a good rain.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256385 - 12/01/17 10:12 PM

Don't look now!!!

The Blouse is 5-5 in it's last 10......the worst record of any of the top 17 teams in the NHL.

Or, for you big fans.....only 7 teams in the NHL have less points to show for their last 10.

There is no joy in Blueville.....their heart is 2 sizes too small.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#256387 - 12/02/17 07:04 AM

No joy? You seem happy......and I hear you are still a fan. bwaaaaaaaa

Thought you might want to look into this, just trying to help a Blues brother out, being stupid 'n all.

https://www.greyhound.com/en/ecommerce/schedule

--------------------

last_stand

#256388 - 12/02/17 07:05 AM

Oh yeah, it's one way.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Loc: Lemmingstan

#256389 - 12/02/17 11:45 AM

Back from camp again and you two jabronies are STILL going in circles...Wert der ferk? I recommend getting into a marsh near you.

But with that being said , I still stand with Last Stand!

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: Bubba]
      #256390 - 12/02/17 03:09 PM

6 day trip starting next Thursday....nice to finally get some weather

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256391 - 12/02/17 06:19 PM

Berglund is on the #1 power play.

--------------------

dabsAdministrator

Loc: New Money, USA

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #256392 - 12/02/17 06:37 PM

Quote:

griffin said:

Well....if it is a trip where you are roughing it you will at least be able to take the batteries out of your spinners at night to put in your radio and listen to the Blues

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: dabs]
      #256393 - 12/02/17 08:35 PM

Quote:

dabs said:
Quote:

griffin said:

Well....if it is a trip where you are roughing it you will at least be able to take the batteries out of your spinners at night to put in your radio and listen to the Blues

See, that's what I'm talking about....I'm a fan bro!

Hey, did you happen to see if they won tonight? You know, a lot of times a team with some heart will come back from a home loss, come into your building the next night, and take one from you, like has happened to the Blouse 3 times already.

Wait.....never mind.

--------------------

last_stand

#256396 - 12/04/17 05:14 PM

bwaaaaa...........big fan indeed.

Hop on that Pred wagon dude. Shiny town! Or is it Columbus now? Hey...it might be the Jets......better stay on it.

Good forkin grief.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256397 - 12/04/17 07:17 PM

Going quail hunting in Tx. again the first week of Feb....may see if I can catch a Stars game while I'm there. They were kind of fun to watch the other night.

griffin

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256398 - 12/04/17 07:25 PM

LS - did you notice that #21 was the leading goal scorer for the Blouse the last 2 games? It looks like the line changes Yeo made may be paying off.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#256401 - 12/06/17 02:39 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
Going quail hunting in Tx. again the first week of Feb....may see if I can catch a Stars game while I'm there. They were kind of fun to watch the other night.

griffin

I watched them get run over last night.

You may want to re-think your return if you go see them.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Stick with the band wagon city and the ugly uniforms. At least until Rhinne goes down.

--------------------

Pages: << 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 15978

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page