CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: << 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | >> (show all)
last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: last_stand]
      #256402 - 12/06/17 02:44 PM

I'm more concerned about #19 and who sits for him and right now whatever number Jake Allen is.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

#256405 - 12/10/17 07:31 AM

Talk about a heartless team = Detroit! They definitely gave up yesterday. And worse for them is they have the OLDEST average age in the NHL. Long term contracts are killing them. An example of paying for what players used to be.

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

last_stand

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: IIFID]
      #256406 - 12/11/17 02:31 PM

Blues lost one of their best hottest players for at least 6 weeks.

That's two top forwards gone for a team who needs help up front. Schwartz was playing unreal hockey, massive hole left behind.

And Petro, the guy almost as good as Brent Seabrooke, he's out day to to day as the Blues hit their hardest stretch of games the whole year.

If they can bank 4 of the next 8 points I'd take that right now.

GO BLUE!

--------------------

last_stand

#256410 - 12/12/17 09:09 AM

Petro to the IR.

This team is snake bit and faces the best in the league tonight.

--------------------

last_stand

#256413 - 12/12/17 10:55 AM

Now Jbo is out tonight too.

Bubba....now wtf are the Blues to do????

2 rookies to be paired.....hell Yeo will be mixing and matching all night against the high flying #1 line in hockey.

This one could get ugly.

--------------------

fastman

Reged: 01/01/06
Loc: missouri

#256415 - 12/12/17 02:25 PM

r maybe Tara senko gets a hatrick & Blues win 5-2

--------------------
"A man will heedlessly charge a cannon, but puke at the sight of 6 inches of steel." Jim Bowie

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: fastman]
      #256416 - 12/13/17 06:20 AM

That looked like a high school team playing a college team.

They're trying really hard to play up, but there is no way the Blues could play with that team over a 7 game series....they could win 1 game, maybe 2.

And it doesn't matter who is or isn't in the lineup.....the Blues are not yet a Stanley Cup contender.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

last_stand

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: griffin]
      #256418 - 12/13/17 11:22 AM

C'ya!

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256434 - 12/15/17 07:50 AM

You know, it's good to see guys like Steen, Statzny, and Berglund, the real nucleus and heart of this team, step up in Schwartz's and Petrangelo's absence. That 1 goal in the last 6 periods of hockey is a strong showing and bodes well for the playoffs.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

last_stand

#256437 - 12/15/17 04:16 PM

Step up for Petro's absence? You change your mind again?

Nobody's stepping up to score right now.

If I'm Yeo, I'd put the fourth line on the #1 PP.

Serious.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256441 - 12/16/17 01:30 PM

If I didn't go ahead and mention Putrid I'd have to listen to how he is the heart and soul of the team and since he's missing they can't possibly score.

He may truly be the greatest defenseman in the league.....the offense can't even score without his defense.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#256443 - 12/17/17 07:12 AM

bwaaaaaa........right.

So ate up. Still so stupid. Sad sad sad.

Blues matched their best game against Tampa but remembered the goal tend and scoring thingy things last night for the W.

Banged up team right now in the middle of a brutal month. Hope Allen was watching last night, that's a big part of winning hockey games.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256446 - 12/17/17 11:15 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Hope Allen was watching last night, that's a big part of winning hockey games.

Wrong again.....you better hope Yeo was watching....or they'll both be watching in June....like always.

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#256447 - 12/17/17 07:25 PM

Two teams played in the same place last night and I'd have to guess had similar travel plans. The difference in the energy and work between those two teams today was eye opening. What was more eye opening is that no player on the Blues stood up for another Blues player while it mattered. Allen got run several times. Then there was the knee to knee shot on Pietroangelo. One of the Jets went head hunting on either Jaskin or Sobotka and not once did a Blues player do anything in retaliation. Look for more and more teams to do the same thing.

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256448 - 12/17/17 08:24 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
Two teams played in the same place last night and I'd have to guess had similar travel plans. The difference in the energy and work between those two teams today was eye opening. What was more eye opening is that no player on the Blues stood up for another Blues player while it mattered. Allen got run several times. Then there was the knee to knee shot on Pietroangelo. One of the Jets went head hunting on either Jaskin or Sobotka and not once did a Blues player do anything in retaliation. Look for more and more teams to do the same thing.

That behavior has defined the Blouse for the last several seasons. This team has major character issues.....always has under the current team "leadership". They will never even sniff a Stanley Cup.

1 even strength goal in the last 4 games. I have no idea what you are bwaaahahah-ing about LS....that team is in trouble.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#256449 - 12/18/17 05:22 AM

What trouble?

Goal tending? Lack of scoring? Stone cold hands? Key players out? 16 games in 30 days with 5 back to backs mixed in between? Crappy power play? Players forced into lines where they don't belong? Face offs? You don't listen well, do you?

You guys want to b1tch and moan all season it ain't a Cup year have at it. The day I see a Cup team in October in Saint Louis I'll give ya'll a holler. The no - heart thing is BS this team is lacking in some skill positions same as always and right now a ton of hurt players on top of it. For Christs sake Schwartz alone is impossible to overcome. #2 and #3 of top six are not on the ice. Or is it #1?

Figure it out. All this "no heart" and they sit at 46 points. Gee I wish they had heart. The team that was supposed to fall on its face remember? I don't hear any of the whining after any of those points either.

Hey...it ain't a Cup team. We good now? So go find a Cup team, stick with that team, and stfu and watch your perfect hockey.

I'll cheer Blue, warts and all, same as it always was.

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#256450 - 12/18/17 09:07 AM

Don't get me wrong - I'm still cheering for them. I've been a Note fan since the beginning. I don't see this team going rather than the first round however. I hope to hell I'm wrong. But what bothers me is that I don't see them standing up for one another. Watch the Kings, the Hawks, the Pens.. and somebody goes knee to knee with your captain (or anyone for that matter) and other players on the ice will be charging after that player. Same goes if an opposing player pushes your goalie back into his net. And if some one goes high and hits a teammate in the head with an elbow, you can count on it. All three of those things happened last night and not once did a Blues player jump that person. Ran their mouth but nothing else. That makes me worry about their guts and how strong the team mentality is with them.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256454 - 12/18/17 10:57 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
All three of those things happened last night and not once did a Blues player jump that person. Ran their mouth but nothing else.

Well.....you obviously weren't watching espn-parkinglot.com

After the game, while the teams were on their way to their busses, Steen charged Kulikov and looked like he was going to kill him right before he grabbed his knee and fell down. THEN....Statzny ran up behind Laine, flicked him in the back of the head, and ran off yelling nana-nana-boo-boo. But the highlight was when Berglund walked right up to Scheifele and swung his purse from way back behind his head to damn near knock him out.

No......this team DOES have heart......I saw it after the game.

GO BLOUSE!!

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#256455 - 12/19/17 06:16 AM

Quote:

IIFID said:
Don't get me wrong - I'm still cheering for them. I've been a Note fan since the beginning. I don't see this team going rather than the first round however. I hope to hell I'm wrong. But what bothers me is that I don't see them standing up for one another. Watch the Kings, the Hawks, the Pens.. and somebody goes knee to knee with your captain (or anyone for that matter) and other players on the ice will be charging after that player. Same goes if an opposing player pushes your goalie back into his net. And if some one goes high and hits a teammate in the head with an elbow, you can count on it. All three of those things happened last night and not once did a Blues player jump that person. Ran their mouth but nothing else. That makes me worry about their guts and how strong the team mentality is with them.

I don't even know if this team MAKES the play offs. But it has nothing to do with heart or gutless play.

The top teams in the league aren't running around taking penalties to prove chit they are too busy making hits, moving the puck, scoring goals and having GREAT goal tending. Winning games.

Blues team play and standing together has zero to do with how this team is going to do. There's plenty of other problems right now, this ain't one of them.

--------------------

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

#256456 - 12/19/17 10:02 AM

I have found people that don't know much about hockey and aren't really capable of intelligent analysis always fall back on the "heart" and "character" arguments. If you have been watching this team and know anything about hockey, you would be a fool to question the effort of this team to this point. They may have played 2 or 3 games where the effort looked less than 100% (Sunday night was one of them).

For what they have endured injury-wise, their record is impressive. And for what this roster is lacking, even before the injuries, the record is that much more impressive. A few players are not playing well right now. It happens. And those players need to step it up and get back on track. The problem with calling them heartless and such is that fans have no idea what injuries may be hampering a player. For obvious reasons, NHL teams guard injury information closer than the codes to the nuclear arsenal. Only this season did we learn that Steen was playing hurt most of last year. Now that he is healthy again, he is a force on this team. And if you can't see his effort/heart/character you are watching different games than me... I'll take the effort this team puts forth 9 time out of 10.

One thing can't be denied. This team was a better team without Berglund than with him... I'm still bitter about that signing.

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: sptsman]
      #256462 - 12/20/17 10:58 PM

OK, if you want to say I don't know anything about hockey I'll laugh and play along......

BUT, I did have 2 years of calculus and I understand math better than most folks. Now, just like in school when you wanted to cheat off my test, I'm going to give you the answer but I'm not going to show you my work.....

The Blouse have played 36 games and have 12 losses.....compare and contrast to the rest of the league and then figure out where your beloved fall in the true standings.

Hint: (I used to love when the profs did this) During the last 10 games the Blouse is tied for 14th in the league out of 28 teams.

Remember, show your work.

griffin

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Loc: Lemmingstan

#256464 - 12/21/17 05:55 PM

Stop ing!

IF LS cant bwahahaa , you shouldn't be ing

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

dabsAdministrator

Loc: New Money, USA

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: Bubba]
      #256465 - 12/21/17 09:34 PM

1+1 = 1+1 x 50 seconds + 1 = Mr. Hyde makes an appearance tomorrow.

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: dabs]
      #256466 - 12/21/17 10:20 PM

Look, we don't accept late work in this class, so LS takes an F on his first assignment. It's unfortunate, but the winter session is a short one before the next semester starts so I would like to offer some extra credit before the next assignment is due.

For 10 pts. of XC..... the Blouse is -11 in their last 6 games.....where does that rank in the league during that span of games?

Hint: There are 29 teams in the league. ing!!!

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#256467 - 12/22/17 07:34 AM

Can't help you bro, always hated math. But I do have a story to tell.

My grade school best friend, come about 5th grade or so, he made his stand. He told his teacher there was no return in learning math. He told her her numbers had no heart, and certainly not tough enough for him. He told her math there was going to go down in an epic fail and no way was he going to listen to her any more. He told her Principal Armstrong was a very bad principal and he never should have hired her or any of the other teachers at his school.

So he got on his bike and he left his family and friends and pedaled to Nashville. Everyone there was friendly and nice. Lots of music too. They had beautiful bright mustard yellow school uniforms that were so cool. They didn't know math from a turd but man somehow it just all seemed right for him in Nashville, bright, shiny....a monster band wagon in the middle of the town square... they had it goin on. Everyone in the world loved Nashville, and so did he. It was a great return on his time and effort.

So as great as all that is, I called him for some help with your equation but.....he told me he couldn't help, he said he never learned chit in Nashville. He told me he's been stupid all those years there but even extra stupid the last 10.

I felt sorry for him. I wanted to help. But thinking about it I realized there was not much I could do.

You can't fix stupid.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

Pages: << 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 146 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 15983

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page