CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: << 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | >> (show all)
last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: griffin]
      #256695 - 02/07/18 08:32 AM

That was what, their 6-7th stinker of the year?

I bet the Preds/Lightning and even Winnepeg have had 1 or 2.

Army should SELL as many dead weight guys and contracts he can and let this team fend for themselves this Spring. It would absolutely be the best thing for them now it would likely help and next year he could have the assets to get the right personnel on board along with some prospects moving up.

We'll see where they go, lots of hockey left but it best be winning hockey if they want to play in April.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: last_stand]
      #256699 - 02/07/18 06:56 PM

LS I don't think Army could GIVE some of them away with the contracts they have.. that's a big part of the issue.

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

last_stand

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: IIFID]
      #256700 - 02/08/18 05:07 AM

Well Stastny is a rental, and he has some value for a contending team. Not saying it's over the top value but something. As for Jbo he has a ntc so it's limited there but still he and Steen and Berglund could add to the right team in the hunt and maybe the Blues can cover some of those contracts.

Keep hearing how the Blues are trying to ADD to make a run. I'm fine with adding IF it is for the long term future of the franchise. Right players, right contracts, like a Schenn. But giving up assets to "make a run" this year with a rental or over the hill player? They should do their best to go the other way imo and move who they can, anyway.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

#256701 - 02/08/18 05:29 AM

Yep - allow me to reiterate what I said on day one of this season......THIS TEAM, WITH THE CURRENT ROSTER, AND CURRENT TEAM LEADERSHIP, CANNOT WIN.

There is no reason to remain faithful to a franchise that refuses to admit they made (and continue to make) some serious contractual blunders that need to be firmly blamed on the General Manager.

SELL, SELL, SELL, and rebuild this team.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

last_stand

#256708 - 02/08/18 03:41 PM

bwaaaaaaaaa..........since when do we have a say if you can reiterate?

I don't buy season tickets or split season tickets any more so I have zero issue with feelings or opinions of anyone who does or if anyone who does that wants to put an end to such a big investment. I get that. There is a special right to b1tch if you have invested hard earned money on a product you no longer like. I get that too.

But as far as being a fan, who cheers them on and wants them to win, who see's a good future very near, I'm not moving off that dime. You and I disagree on that in some weird way because my guess is you have nearly STILL the same thing invested time wise with this team and interest wise with this team as I do but then you pretend you don't and say you're out but clear as day you haven't gone anywhere you've just turned it into all into b1tching and whining. Armstrong has won the head game with you.

AND on top of it all, you aren't "out" of anything that I can tell.

We all have choices for sure. It's just that you're gonna have an ulcer with yours, I'll drink a beer and cheer 'em on tonight with mine. Same as it always was.

And since you asked,no more reiterations! bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

#256711 - 02/08/18 08:25 PM

The Blues have a tee time with the horrible hunters and fisherman on April 8th they are trying to make. Ownership is working to pull all the money they can until April 7th, so they can put together yet another Chit show for 2018-2019 to sell off to the koolaid drunk homers, as a "contender" for the cup. I'm guessing they can do this for another 3-4 years before the asses get out of the seats, sales fall, and they are forced to get players for another mediocre few seasons, bringing back the koolaid faithful.

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

last_stand

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: H2ODOG]
      #256713 - 02/09/18 05:32 AM

Lots of frustration amongst Blues world, more than in many years.

Perhaps enough to get Army to finally do the right things.

I'll be there if he does. And I'll keep you posted.

--------------------

fastman

Reged: 01/01/06
Loc: missouri

#256721 - 02/10/18 12:14 AM

Frustrated

Not me...specially after tonites beat down of da jets

--------------------
"A man will heedlessly charge a cannon, but puke at the sight of 6 inches of steel." Jim Bowie

last_stand

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: fastman]
      #256737 - 02/13/18 05:41 AM

Yes frustrated.

I don't mind losing to the Pens but when that loss is almost predetermined by sitting your best goalie there's something wrong there. Yeo has officially pizzed me off with this love affair with Allen as he forces him down the Blues throat and risks messing with Huttons head or cooling him off as he does it. Hut is leading the league in goalie stats. Allen is a major head case.

Now it's 2 tough division road games in Dixie haven't beat the preds yet and yeah I'll take 1 out of the 2 right here right now.

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Loc: Lemmingstan

#256744 - 02/13/18 04:51 PM

Girls Olympic Hockey !! Nows thats hockey!!

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: Bubba]
      #256746 - 02/13/18 11:09 PM

No way dude.....blowing a 3 goal lead with 5 minutes to play against a team you HAVE to beat....now THAT'S hockey!!

Way to show that heart!!!

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

last_stand

#256747 - 02/14/18 05:34 AM

I think it was 10 minutes. Went from perhaps top game of the year to last with that collapse.

Penalty shot was a joke. The Preds are the darlings of the league for sure...horrible show by the refs as well as the Blues.

I wouldn't sit amongst those whiny ass fans down their if it was the last chair on earth.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256750 - 02/14/18 06:27 PM

Why do you hate the Grand Ole Opry?

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

#256751 - 02/15/18 10:07 AM

He wasn’t smart enough to get into Vanderbilt and has had a hatred for the town ever since.

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE [Re: H2ODOG]
      #256757 - 02/17/18 10:26 AM

Welp, that's the end of whatever run anyone thought they were making. (bolstered by a point total that had nothing to do with actual record due to GP) Now they're just another wild card team fighting for a playoff spot.......I don't think it looks good for a team that has no idea who they are.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#256759 - 02/18/18 07:50 AM

There are multiple things going on with this team that is keeping them from being a contender. There's talent issues, leadership issues, now a coaching issue (goalie) and maybe a schism within the player ranks.

Their record over the last 5 is 2-3, but they actually played a lot better than that, short of the disastrous 10 minutes in Nashville.

There's 22 games left and I am going to agree it doesn't look good. I won't write them off but it's not one thing or one player that is going wrong here. It's a collective thing and that means they have a lot of hard work to do as a team to get it fixed.

One thing is clear to me, Armstrong needs to move some contracts before the deadline. And no rentals, no picks/prospects for has beens or ho hums. Trade for the future, period.

This teams ranking is spot on and precisely accurate as to what they are. And on top of that they are teetering, too. Time and excuses are running thin. The only way to change any of this is to find the ways to win.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256760 - 02/18/18 02:36 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:
There are multiple things going on with this team that is keeping them from being a contender. There's talent issues, leadership issues, now a coaching issue (goalie) and maybe a schism within the player ranks.

Their record over the last 5 is 2-3, but they actually played a lot better than that, short of the disastrous 10 minutes in Nashville.

There's 22 games left and I am going to agree it doesn't look good. I won't write them off but it's not one thing or one player that is going wrong here. It's a collective thing and that means they have a lot of hard work to do as a team to get it fixed.

One thing is clear to me, Armstrong needs to move some contracts before the deadline. And no rentals, no picks/prospects for has beens or ho hums. Trade for the future, period.

This teams ranking is spot on and precisely accurate as to what they are. And on top of that they are teetering, too. Time and excuses are running thin. The only way to change any of this is to find the ways to win.

Dude - you're spot on......but you're pinning your hopes for the future on the GM who created this mess. I just don't see it.

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

#256761 - 02/18/18 04:44 PM

a schism....

you sure do talk purty

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

last_stand

#256762 - 02/19/18 06:00 AM

Unfortunately I have little else to pin my mini hopes since DA was just signed to that extension.

I'm actually more fearful than hopeful.

It's like a schism in my own brain.

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

#256765 - 02/20/18 04:27 PM

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256766 - 02/20/18 08:48 PM

This team has been toast since day one. I guess nobody is going to step up after all.

Worst version of the Blues in their history. The best thing that could happen to the franchise is this implosion. Good riddance to this bunch.

--------------------

last_stand

#256767 - 02/21/18 05:42 AM

They haven been toast since day one.

It's not the worst team in their history.

You got enough facts to work with try sticking with them.

If this team had a solid #1 goal tender it would be worth about 10 more points alone.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256769 - 02/21/18 08:52 AM

Oh forking please......this squad has THE NUMBER ONE GOALIE IN HOCKEY IN SAVE % AND GAA. This is NOT a goalie issue (other than the fact that Armstrong pinned his hopes on a forking nut job). Hutton has certainly been far better than expected and WAY good enough. In fact......he HAS stolen 10 points for them. Without Hutton that team would be 8 points out of a playoff spot.

For forks sake.....Hutton has played one less game than the #3 goalie in the league, Fluery, who is leading his expansion team toward a Presidents cup. Hutton has a gutless squad of whiners in front of him.

Good swing.

--------------------

Edited by griffin (02/21/18 09:08 AM)

last_stand

#256770 - 02/21/18 10:40 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
Oh forking please......this squad has THE NUMBER ONE GOALIE IN HOCKEY IN SAVE % AND GAA. This is NOT a goalie issue (other than the fact that Armstrong pinned his hopes on a forking nut job). Hutton has certainly been far better than expected and WAY good enough. In fact......he HAS stolen 10 points for them. Without Hutton that team would be 8 points out of a playoff spot.

For forks sake.....Hutton has played one less game than the #3 goalie in the league, Fluery, who is leading his expansion team toward a Presidents cup. Hutton has a gutless squad of whiners in front of him.

Good swing.

If you can follow along, again that's a big if........its the 5-8 games that Yeo insisted on playing Allen that we lost that has killed this teams point tally. He keeps jamming Allen down the teams throat.That's the ten points I'm talking about.

Not only that, but he managed to cool Hutton off while he did it, too. Totally stupid move.

Now here's something really special for you, since I have to do your work for you. Here is much of what you have been saying, on a platter. It's from JR in his Atlantic newsletter. And don't say I never did anything for you. bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Hey JR,

There's no beating around the bush — the Predator loss was brutal. That game glorified every strength the Blues have and magnified every weakness as well. And in my opinion, the weaknesses outshined the strengths. This very frustrated fan of 30 years has all but turned the page on this season as the Blues have not shown they have the capability to play against the likes of a team with Moxi like the Predators, Lightning or even the Pens.
My sentiment is at this point I'd rather see them miss the playoffs this year, have a gut check over the summer and come back embarrassed and on a mission next year. I think it'd be the best thing for the team honestly because they need something to change the culture in that locker room and missing the playoffs with talent like they have may do it. It's clear whatever message Mike Yeo is suggesting or leadership tactics being used by the vets isn't working. Do you think missing the playoffs is what this team needs to 'wake up'?
-Gary

JR:

In order to answer this question, I need to break it down into two parts and keep it as real as possible.

1) Would missing the playoffs wake up the Blues?

2) If the Blues missed the playoffs, would Doug Armstrong make the necessary moves to change the culture?

But before I answer No. 1, let's make sure we're on the same page. When someone asks me whether missing the playoffs would “wake up” the Blues, give them a “gut check” and put them “on a mission,” I take that to mean you're asking about the players. You might be referring to the organization from top to bottom, but I prefer to focus my answer from a players' perspective. And my answer is “no,” it would not wake up them any more than losing in the second round woke them up last season. Would they be disappointed? Certainly. Would they tell media and fans that it's unacceptable? More times than you want to hear. But would they do any more self-examination than they did any other year or talk more amongst themselves about why they're so inconsistent? No and no. Some of you might be asking why nothing would change. I'm not saying nothing would change. I'm just saying I don't believe the Blues missing the playoffs by three points is going to put a more determined, ticked off team on the ice next season. Call me fatigued on the end-of-the-season post-mortem interviews. Every May, I see a despondent group of players and every October-April I see the same group making the same mistakes and excuses.

Now No. 2, what could be a benefit of missing the playoffs: changing the culture. Whether the Blues make the playoffs or not, I think they have to address this issue. Listen, the Blues obviously have talented players and they have good people in their locker room. But I think they have a roster that has too many players who just brush everything off. Nothing is ever a major deal in their eyes. Yeah, they might get mad at times, but there's always another game tomorrow, there's always a chance to fix things. I understand that. It's a long season and you're not going to play well every night. You lose a game, you regroup and play better next time. But I believe, if they had more players who got (upset) off in the moment, like let's turn this game around now, let's not wait for the next game, they'd have a better record. I think that part of the reason we don't see this is because they don't pull together like they should. I'm not saying these guys don't like playing together, but they don't pull together.

This is the part of my answer where I'll try to keep it as real as possible. I think some players resent that Vladimir Tarasenko doesn't work as hard as he should. I think some players who think that aren't working as hard as they should be. I don't think the leaders are doing a good enough job of taking the different personalities in the locker room and making everybody feel like one. Is Dmitrij Jaskin a bit of a loner? Yeah. Have the Blues tried to make him feel like them? Maybe more than I know. But has it been enough? No. Not just with Jaskin, but others, too, whether it's been this year or in the past. That translates on the ice. Guys are just playing hockey, many of them not playing FOR EACH OTHER. And I haven't even mentioned the guys who are just playing for the paycheck or the lifestyle, which in this case I'm not going to name names, but they know who they are.

I truly believe that whether the Blues make the playoffs or not, Armstrong is going to have to address the attitude of this team. If I know it's a problem, he has to know. It will be hard to change the culture — it's hard to move contracts in the NHL — but I believe it's necessary. I don't believe the team's problems can be found in analyzing a bad goal, a bad loss or a bad homestand. I believe they're tied to the fact that it's a group of players who are passing the puck to each other because they were either drafted or signed contracts to play for the Blues and they happen to be wearing the same crest on their sweater — not because they're going to go to the front of the net, take a slash to the leg, absorb the pain and score a goal, because that's what you do for your teammates and your coach and your fans. When you can show me that that's how much these guys care, then I'll show you a team that doesn't poop its pants on the ice and then repeat the same B.S. to reporters game after game after game. Does that answer your question?

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#256771 - 02/21/18 01:22 PM

I made it about halfway through that crap......next time hit me up and I'll save you 10 minutes of your life.

THIS TEAM HAS NO HEART!!!!

Same thing I've said since day one....and last year too. Any more questions?

--------------------

Pages: << 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 95 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 15976

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page