CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Main Forum >> Waterfowl

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
Scout 1
New order Amish - not be confused with Meninite!

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: Where there are no ducks

Cafe Relief Effort for Joplin
      #218291 - 05/22/11 10:24 PM

Gentlemen, I am pulling together a "canteen" to go down and help feed affected folks and the hundreds of vols and workers who are converging on Joplin after today's disaster.

Guys, we are a family on this dump, and though we bicker and give each other chit majorly, truth is, there ain't a bad egg on here. I'd like this canteen to be the Cafe Outdoors tornado outreach canteen, even if I'm the only one manning it. I have the time and the inclination. Those folks are gonna need bigtime help, and this is one way we who are lucky enough to have missed the carnage can help make a difference.

I've already got commitments for two tow-behind cookers, and in the morning I'm working the phones to line up a few more, plus cases of burgers, brats and other stuff to set up a canteen to provide sammiches and drinks to LEOS, cleanup crews, utility folks and anyone needing to grab a quick bite while working the aftermath.

If there any interest here on the Cafe to help either with manpower (planning on leaving here Thursday AM) or with product (frozen burger pattys, brats, buns, charcoal, ice and bottled water), hit my PM or my cell 816 724 0653. We could also use a coupla popup tents and some more good big coolers. If you want to give a donation, I will have a treasurer on board by noon tomorrow for that (EDIT: That is Mr. Tim Vogler, see specifics below)

If you have connections to help us get donations of food for this, that's better than a cash contribution IMO, but do whatever you feel.

I THINK I can finagle all the bread products we need from ITT-Continental. I'm also hitting up the Angus Association in St. Joe for beef patties, and National Pork Producers for pork patties, or at least $$ to buy a bunch of em.

EDIT: Bivouacking will be Bachelor Ranch style... at a LEO's private residence a few miles from the carnage area. THANKS MIKE!!

How long to run the canteen -- who knows? I'm planning on staying a week myself. Maybe this thing will get legs and last longer than that.

Selah until more info Monday. Pray for 'em, in the meantime. Hell came to town this afternoon for those poor souls.

Edited by Scout 1 (05/23/11 07:03 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
cook

Loc: in my underwear

Re: Cafe Relief Effort for Joplin [Re: Scout 1]
      #218293 - 05/23/11 04:40 AM

News just reported 89 confirmed deaths.

swampy
stirrer of chit

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Valhalla

Re: Cafe Relief Effort for Joplin [Re: cook]
      #218294 - 05/23/11 04:41 AM

IF YOU ARE ROLLING BY HERE ANY TIME STOP IN AND COLLECT $100.

--------------------
Honorary VP 10/90 deer club

Scout 1

Re: Cafe Relief Effort for Joplin [Re: swampy]
      #218295 - 05/23/11 05:43 AM

Thank you Tom.

Scout 1

#218298 - 05/23/11 07:47 AM

Here's the 8:30 a.m. update.

IIFID has stated his willingness to help out, so he is gonna be the treasurer for this effort. If you want to help financially, contact IIFID, and thanks to him and you in advance.

We have two cash pledges so far, Swampy and Foots, and Cook is working the phones for some vendor contributions from his restaurant contacts. HyVee Food Stores has promised the use of one of its tow-behind cookers. Farmers Bank of Gallatin puss'ed out on me, so we could use one more tow-behind, if anybody knows of one. Hopefully one located between here and Joplin.

I have folks at American Angus Association and National Pork Producers working with us to line up some product.

I have a call in to Academy Sports HQ to see about setting up our canteen on their parking lot (private property). Academy was leveled, and is approximately across the road from the hospital that everybody has seen on the teevee footage.

That's it for now. ANYBODY who can help in any way with this, please do. Thanks

LABMANLAPTOP

Reged: 09/18/07
Loc: Lone Jack, Mo.

#218299 - 05/23/11 07:50 AM

Tell me where to send a Swampy check and it will be in the mail...... Thanks for your compassion - now that's real Karma.

816-769-2220

--------------------

Barack Obama : "Give us Barabas"

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

Re: Cafe Relief Effort for Joplin [Re: LABMANLAPTOP]
      #218300 - 05/23/11 08:09 AM

I guess I am going to be the so called treasurer for this effort. So those interested can send a check to me at:
Tim Vogler
202 NE Paseo Pl.
Blue Springs, MO 64014

Thanks in advance to all who can help. And a huge "ATTABOY!" to Scott for getting this started.

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

DADAKOTA

Loc: Missouri West Side

Re: Cafe Relief Effort for Joplin [Re: IIFID]
      #218301 - 05/23/11 08:10 AM

I gots a $100 for ya Scott.

Scout 1

Re: Cafe Relief Effort for Joplin [Re: DADAKOTA]
      #218303 - 05/23/11 08:40 AM

THANKS DUDES!

This is the CAFE Canteen. It's got legs. We have folks from here to the West Coast working on stuff for this deal.

We (whoever shows up and needs a roof) have a place to flop now, free, in Mt. Vernon, which is a few miles up the road, thanks to local newspaper publisher Steve Fairchild. A heckuva nice guy.

Still need charcoal, and still need more ready-to-cook burgers if anybody has a connection. Certified Angus Beef is coming thru with some, but prolly not enough.

Anybody have an "in" with Lowes or Home Depot? They might give a pallet of charcoal. ???

Thanks again men.

67Firebird
Former political advocate

Loc: Russellville, Mo

#218310 - 05/23/11 10:06 AM

There's possibilities of help and donations, as well as contacting people, on a facebook page made for this;

https://www.facebook.com/joplinmo

Scout 1

Re: Cafe Relief Effort for Joplin [Re: 67Firebird]
      #218312 - 05/23/11 10:43 AM

Missouri's Pork Producers are on board with a pledge of product and manpower if we need it.

SOOOOWEEEEEEEEEEEEE thank you Pork Producers!

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#218316 - 05/23/11 11:39 AM

Several of us on here know Winger. He was up here this weekend for a UKC retriever hunt test and just gotten home and unpacked when it hit. His home is about 5 miles from where the tornado touched down. He and his (and his property) are fine. His wife is a nurse practioner and he is LEO. There were some of the first on the scene. I am glad that I will not see what they saw last night. He described some of it to me and it is horrific. I am headed down with Dadakota after I get off work on Saturday and we plan on staying til Monday. Mike says all help is appreciated. He said more then 300 doctors and nurses from all over had already arrived by early morning. The eldest and most of his firefighter class are headed down at 4 AM tomorrow.

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#218317 - 05/23/11 11:49 AM

Just got a commitment of 10 cases of water.

--------------------

DjF
little buddie

Loc: staring at an empty mailbox...

#218318 - 05/23/11 11:58 AM

TIMMY, YOU GOING TO BE AT WORK 3:30ISH TOMORROW AFTERNOON...???

--------------------
somewhere between "Hi, how can we help you?" and "Get off my lawn!"

newt

Reged: 12/18/05
Loc: momoland

Current High Scores in:
Space Invaders
Re: Cafe Relief Effort for Joplin [Re: DjF]
      #218319 - 05/23/11 12:23 PM

Scout,

Winger under a different name here. I got calls into see where you can set up. Mt. Vernon is 30 to 45 minutes from Joplin depending on traffic. I told Vogler no sense in that, every one of you are welcome at my house if you can share a bathroom with a 16 year old teenager. It's not the Hilton and other than a pullout bed, couple cots and a couch we will make do. Put you a lot closer. I can't thank you all enough.

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Re: Cafe Relief Effort for Joplin [Re: DjF]
      #218321 - 05/23/11 12:34 PM

Quote:

DjF said:

The Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise I intend to be!

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Re: Cafe Relief Effort for Joplin [Re: newt]
      #218322 - 05/23/11 12:36 PM

Quote:

newt said:
Scout,

Winger under a different name here. I got calls into see where you can set up. Mt. Vernon is 30 to 45 minutes from Joplin depending on traffic. I told Vogler no sense in that, every one of you are welcome at my house if you can share a bathroom with a 16 year old teenager. It's not the Hilton and other than a pullout bed, couple cots and a couch we will make do. Put you a lot closer. I can't thank you all enough.

Mike,
Scott has your digits and will be in touch. This thing is gathering steam. Have multiple more commitments. I wish it could be sooner but Dave and I will see you on Saturday afternoon. Hang in there man!
Tim

--------------------

Scout 1

#218324 - 05/23/11 12:45 PM

Winger/Newt... THANK YOU sir. We will take you up on that kind offer. Will bring everything we need, just need a roof and a shower.

I will holler later this afternoon, hopefully you will get a chance to sleep a little before then.

Just got a call from an old lady in Cameron who's giving $200. How bout that. The radio station picked up the cause from an email I sent to the city manager. That's karma!

DjF
little buddie

Loc: staring at an empty mailbox...

#218325 - 05/23/11 12:48 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
Quote:

DjF said:

The Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise I intend to be!

Okay, I just sent out en email that included Winger's post from MWTs...hopefully I can collect some $ money here at school...might be tough, they already paid 5 to wear jeans this week!

--------------------
somewhere between "Hi, how can we help you?" and "Get off my lawn!"

DADAKOTA

Loc: Missouri West Side

#218326 - 05/23/11 12:49 PM

Yo Scout,

Local HyVee manager said corporate was sending aid but he kicked in a $50 card. What do you want with it? Water? Charcoal? Let me know dude.

Muggs

Reged: 12/19/05
Loc: Okieland

#218327 - 05/23/11 01:09 PM

Tim and Scout

My wife and I will be sending you all a check. I will make it payable to Tim Vogler, if that's correct. I wish you guys luck. Be safe over there. There's going to be lots of hazards.

--------------------
I hate ducks.

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Re: Cafe Relief Effort for Joplin [Re: Muggs]
      #218328 - 05/23/11 01:12 PM

I have 16 cases of water in my truck. I told my staff what we were doing and my VP left and went and bought it! Scott will you have room for it on the way down? I could meet you and hand it off if you do.

--------------------

cook

Loc: in my underwear

#218329 - 05/23/11 01:15 PM

Water is good,but"May I suggest the sausage?"

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Re: Cafe Relief Effort for Joplin [Re: Muggs]
      #218330 - 05/23/11 01:19 PM

Quote:

Muggs said:
Tim and Scout

My wife and I will be sending you all a check. I will make it payable to Tim Vogler, if that's correct. I wish you guys luck. Be safe over there. There's going to be lots of hazards.

Thanks Muggs!

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Re: Cafe Relief Effort for Joplin [Re: cook]
      #218331 - 05/23/11 01:20 PM

Quote:

cook said:
Water is good,but"May I suggest the sausage?"

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1079 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 23677

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page