CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Fishing Forum >> Bass Fishing

Pages: 1
DADAKOTAModerator

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: Missouri West Side

Congrat's Halfie
      #236925 - 03/24/13 04:55 PM

Heard Halfie won a tournament down at LOZ over the weekend. Kev you got a good partner like IIFID? Congrats dude on a job well done.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
halfasmuch
action hero

Loc: Upper Oakville

Re: Congrat's Halfie [Re: DADAKOTA]
      #236933 - 03/25/13 06:46 AM

so Friday, I did not catch a single fish and lost one of my favorite jerk baits...

Saturday morning as we are idling for take off, change our plan. which is normally not a good idea... run a quarter mile and 1st cast.. fish on ! !!@#!@ it's a drum.. trying to shake it off with a pliers... end up with a hook through my finger with a drum shaking it... ouch.. bleed all over the boat. finally just jam in the cold water to slow the blood..( the urine level sb down in the spring)..

catch one keeper about 8:30... and a short about noon..Partner decides to run to the 38mm... pizz him off because I want to fish deeper water.. run back to the 33 and see wind pounding a point.. he catches a short .. I follow with a keeper...go back and drift past again ... another 14.75 and a solid keeper.. he runs to the next point and NO WIND... tell him to take me back ..get one more solid fish..

50 yards of bank tween 2:30 and 3:30 ...5 fish three keepers.....

weighed 4 fish .. 14.23... three limits but closest weight was 13.6...

my biggest was 4.65 but BB was 5.23 and there was one more over 5...

Pro Blue megabass with a hinged lip... They would not eat a natural shad megabass, a rogue or a taildancer for my partner....

but on looking back .... I was lot more patient with letting it rest .. and three fish came off a rock pile where the lip would catch the rock and flip over...bite shortly thereafter...

best part was taking Big Tim's $$ in the side bet.. His partner weighed a limit ..12.4 and then said "what about you?" "I think you got us again... I wont hand my $$$ to Timmy."

he left to take his boat back ... Big Timmy had about an hour thinking he took our money again.. I just wished I could have seen his face when he saw the board..

--------------------
The difference between genius and stupidity
is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein

Jayhawk
Triton kicks Rangers Ass

Re: Congrat's Halfie [Re: halfasmuch]
      #236952 - 03/25/13 05:31 PM

Sounds like you whacked em good... Saturday was tough from what I hear

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Liberty, DADAKOTA 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 958

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page