CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | >> (show all)
griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: 2014 Saint Louis Blues - Stanley Cup Champs ! [Re: sptsman]
      #243857 - 04/13/14 06:01 PM

Quote:

sptsman said:
Well, I didn't watch today's game but I just looked at the final box score and recap. Not pretty...

I would have to say this is the biggest meltdown I have ever seen firsthand. I'm sure there are some other epic failures in sports, of this nature but it is really something to see up close. On one hand, you have to think that anything can happen in the playoffs and they can turn this around. On the other hand, you have to be realistic and think this team has completely lost whatever mojo they had. I can't think of a single player that deserves a grade of C or better, in the last 10 games and most deserve F's, including the coach.

I will tune in to watch the playoffs and will hold out hope that this mess turns around. But I'm not optimistic. The Hawks may even sweep them...

griffin - Feel free to bloviate all you want about the goaltending but that is about 2% of the issue here. This is a complete team failure. They have scored 5 goals in the month of April. That is the last 8 games. Unless your theory is that Halak and Elliott would have scored a dozen goals or more, in the last 8 games, netminding isn't an issue to worry about. They have waaaaay bigger issues right now.

Whatever bro......you don't make trades that can completely change the chemistry of a team that is leading the league....it's dumb beyond belief. Yeah, there are injuries and blah,blah,blah.....but the Blues have not been the same team since the trade. You just don't do it.....it's retarded.

Hitchcock has blabbered on and on about how Miller needs time to get used to his new team, and on and on and on....it's all crap, because if that's the case then you don't make the trade at that time.

LS - name me the team that has advanced past even one round going into the playoffs with a 6 game losing streak....get over it.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

#243864 - 04/13/14 08:13 PM

It's the reigning Stanley Cup Champs for round 1.

No sense in forkin around. Might as well cut right to the cheese and get to the big dogs up front.

On a 6 game losing streak.

Hollllllly chit. Only the Blues could put themselves in this hole. In all their years of pursuit......and I mean a lot of years....this one can't even rank as deja vu all over again.

This one stands alone.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

last_stand

Re: 2014 Saint Louis Blues - Stanley Cup Champs ! [Re: griffin]
      #243865 - 04/13/14 08:24 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

sptsman said:
Well, I didn't watch today's game but I just looked at the final box score and recap. Not pretty...

I would have to say this is the biggest meltdown I have ever seen firsthand. I'm sure there are some other epic failures in sports, of this nature but it is really something to see up close. On one hand, you have to think that anything can happen in the playoffs and they can turn this around. On the other hand, you have to be realistic and think this team has completely lost whatever mojo they had. I can't think of a single player that deserves a grade of C or better, in the last 10 games and most deserve F's, including the coach.

I will tune in to watch the playoffs and will hold out hope that this mess turns around. But I'm not optimistic. The Hawks may even sweep them...

griffin - Feel free to bloviate all you want about the goaltending but that is about 2% of the issue here. This is a complete team failure. They have scored 5 goals in the month of April. That is the last 8 games. Unless your theory is that Halak and Elliott would have scored a dozen goals or more, in the last 8 games, netminding isn't an issue to worry about. They have waaaaay bigger issues right now.

Whatever bro......you don't make trades that can completely change the chemistry of a team that is leading the league....it's dumb beyond belief. Yeah, there are injuries and blah,blah,blah.....but the Blues have not been the same team since the trade. You just don't do it.....it's retarded.

Hitchcock has blabbered on and on about how Miller needs time to get used to his new team, and on and on and on....it's all crap, because if that's the case then you don't make the trade at that time.

LS - name me the team that has advanced past even one round going into the playoffs with a 6 game losing streak....get over it.

griffin

Well Sprtsman and I seldom agree but no way am I putting this thing all on Miller or that trade.

His share, his due? For sure. But he has not CAUSED a collapse. He just got on this team and now he has ruined it? You and a gazzilion other fans will be saying it for years......it's an easy goat to kick around....but it doesn't answer what went so wrong.

The regular season is over and yeah, I'll watch and while i wouldn't bet the house on this team I can see a lot of ways for us to take Chicago down. If they come to play.

6 straight games gone down or not, I still think we have a shot. I know we do.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: 2014 Saint Louis Blues - Stanley Cup Champs ! [Re: last_stand]
      #243875 - 04/14/14 12:37 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

sptsman said:

griffin

Well Sprtsman and I seldom agree but no way am I putting this thing all on Miller or that trade.

His share, his due? For sure. But he has not CAUSED a collapse. He just got on this team and now he has ruined it? You and a gazzilion other fans will be saying it for years......it's an easy goat to kick around....but it doesn't answer what went so wrong.

The regular season is over and yeah, I'll watch and while i wouldn't bet the house on this team I can see a lot of ways for us to take Chicago down. If they come to play.

6 straight games gone down or not, I still think we have a shot. I know we do.

Pay attention Ridalin boy. I said you don't mess with a team that is first in the league and playing well as a team. It was a stupid trade at that time and it remains a stupid trade.

It's stupid besides the fact that Miller is worse than the 2 goalies we had and Ott is a joke.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

jsr

Loc: Mo

Current High Scores in:
Monkey Diving
      #243909 - 04/14/14 07:58 PM

Just for you LS...
It can happen.

It has been a while since a team slumped as badly coming into the playoffs as the Blues did: the year was 1993. The Buffalo Sabres came into the NHL playoffs on a six-game losing streak, after finishing fourth in the Adams Division. They faced the best team in that said division, the Boston Bruins, who were red-hot coming in. The Sabres shocked the League, going on to sweep the Bruins 4-0, and earning a berth in the second round. (The Blues also swept the Blackhawks in the first round that year).

last_stand

Re: 2014 Saint Louis Blues - Stanley Cup Champs ! [Re: jsr]
      #243917 - 04/15/14 06:16 AM

jsr .... what you are saying is the odds are about a million to one.......so........that means we still have a chance???

Go Blue!

--------------------

last_stand

#243951 - 04/16/14 05:21 PM

Backes, Sobi, Senko, Petro, Morrow and Jax all back on the ice today.

Oshie not but was yesterday. Who knows.

Bergy still out.

A banged up team for sure, hope we can get as many as possible on the ice Thursday nite.

Miller needs to play on his head and this team needs to manage the puck for every second they can account for.

EVERY FORKING SECOND.

It's a long shot....but GO BLUE!!

--------------------

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

#243953 - 04/17/14 06:07 AM

Chicago has firepower. If you knew this matchup was coming a few months ago, you would have siad the Blues need to figure out a way to shut them down or keep up with them. Based on what we've seen in the last 10 games, it is hard to imagine them doing either. They haven't been able to even slow down average teams, much less good ones. Then you look at the offense they've shown and it is downright scary.

The only way I see them beating Chicago is to keep them to 2 or 3 goals and hope like heck they can find th back of the net themselves, one more time than the Hawks. They simply cannot take dumb penalties and they can't get out-worked. Both are areas the Blues have shown to struggle in recent playoffs.

Go Blue!!

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

wuchangAdministrator
spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World

Loc: uphill

#243956 - 04/17/14 10:14 AM

Post Dispatch

Blues-Blackhawks:5 Things to watch

4. MILLER CAN’T BE MEDIOCRE

Blues coach Ken Hitchcock said that his goaltender, Ryan Miller, has to be “great” in this series. No pressure, eh? There has been a lot of hype regarding Miller since his arrival from Buffalo on Feb. 28, and it’s been hard to live up to the headlines. Miller went 10-8-1 with a 2.47 goals-against average and a .903 save percentage with the Blues, but that was after a 7-1 start. He is 0-5 in his last five starts with a 3.82 GAA and .856 save percentage, but that can, in part, be attributed to injuries and poor play in front of him. Miller’s career numbers in the playoffs, all with Buffalo, include a record of 25-22 in 47 games with a 2.46 GAA and .917 save percentage with three shutouts. He took the Sabres to the Eastern Conference finals in 2005-06 and ’06-’07, but the club lost to Carolina and Ottawa, respectively.

entire article
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/hockey/pr...85f974af77.html

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Loc: Lemmingstan

Re: 2014 Saint Louis Blues - Stanley Cup Champs ! [Re: wuchang]
      #243957 - 04/17/14 01:33 PM

A couple of you Homers , you know who you are, better get the Suicide Hotline set up on your speed dial .Just sayin'

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

last_stand

Re: 2014 Saint Louis Blues - Stanley Cup Champs ! [Re: wuchang]
      #243960 - 04/17/14 04:50 PM

Quote:

wuchang said:
Post Dispatch

Blues-Blackhawks:5 Things to watch

4. MILLER CAN’T BE MEDIOCRE

Blues coach Ken Hitchcock said that his goaltender, Ryan Miller, has to be “great” in this series. No pressure, eh? There has been a lot of hype regarding Miller since his arrival from Buffalo on Feb. 28, and it’s been hard to live up to the headlines. Miller went 10-8-1 with a 2.47 goals-against average and a .903 save percentage with the Blues, but that was after a 7-1 start. He is 0-5 in his last five starts with a 3.82 GAA and .856 save percentage, but that can, in part, be attributed to injuries and poor play in front of him. Miller’s career numbers in the playoffs, all with Buffalo, include a record of 25-22 in 47 games with a 2.46 GAA and .917 save percentage with three shutouts. He took the Sabres to the Eastern Conference finals in 2005-06 and ’06-’07, but the club lost to Carolina and Ottawa, respectively.

entire article
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/hockey/pr...85f974af77.html

I share that concern. And we are talking the Stanly Cup Champs here too, all the more concern.

But last night the first three games were played in the playoffs.

19 total goals were scored, all in one goal games.

The Blues have scored NINE goals in their last NINE games.

Goal tending is always important, but the Blues have to find a way to score too...multiple goals....if they expect to advance or even compete.

It's Miller, it's puck control, it's quick transition, it's goals. We need 'em all.

--------------------

last_stand

Re: 2014 Saint Louis Blues - Stanley Cup Champs ! [Re: Bubba]
      #243962 - 04/17/14 04:54 PM

Quote:

Bubba said:
A couple of you Homers , you know who you are, better get the Suicide Hotline set up on your speed dial .Just sayin'

Just popped a couple of ridilin and I'm washing it down with 10 year old bourbon.

LIFE is good here. It's play off hockey and the underdogs are under siege!!!

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#243964 - 04/17/14 06:59 PM

Wow!!! Miller has been AMAZING so far!!!

griffin

--------------------

fastman

Reged: 01/01/06
Loc: missouri

#243969 - 04/17/14 08:54 PM

nerves eye suppose Ojibway

Stoned um since

Could have bin a win in regulation.what.2 posts & a crossbar

Be a shame to lose this one.
Loved the hittin the last few minutes on boff sides

--------------------
"A man will heedlessly charge a cannon, but puke at the sight of 6 inches of steel." Jim Bowie

dabsAdministrator

Loc: New Money, USA

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #243970 - 04/17/14 08:57 PM

It is pretty ironic that of all the places in the world...deep in the heart of San Louie....

...it has became Miller time

didn't see the first period but have watched the rest of the game. Who is gonna score first in O T?

sptsman

Re: 2014 Saint Louis Blues - Stanley Cup Champs ! [Re: dabs]
      #243974 - 04/18/14 05:49 AM

Quote:

dabs said: Who is gonna score first in O T?

The Blues...

And did you see that goal? What a feed from Ott. So you have Miller standing on his head to hold the Hawks to 0 goals in 4+ periods and Ott feeding the game winner. Now we can rank that trade as the best in Blues history. And Ott may be the best player ever to wear the note...

--------------------

dabsAdministrator

Loc: New Money, USA

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #243975 - 04/18/14 06:01 AM

I falled asleep after the first ot period.

I didn't see the first period but Miller looked good the rest of the game with the exception of being out of position once and La Pierre save them from going to the shows as losers.

last_stand

#243979 - 04/18/14 06:13 AM

Well...there goes that streak.

Under the circumstances, while far from perfect, not sure you could ask for a better game to start the series off.

Our best players showed up. Our role players played their role. I mean every one gave what it took to win.

And the coolest play of the night? Had to be Ott's little game winning drop pass assist in front of the net to end the long night. Sweetness.

Welcome back Mr. Steen.

Long way to go but a great start. And not unnoticed, a great COME FROM BEHIND win.

--------------------

last_stand

#243980 - 04/18/14 06:26 AM

Quote:

griffin said:

griffin

Glad to see you are on top of things. Please do keep these honest, impartial in-game updates coming....I'd be lost with out them.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

MB2

Re: 2014 Saint Louis Blues - Stanley Cup Champs ! [Re: dabs]
      #243992 - 04/18/14 02:19 PM

Quote:

dabs said:
It is pretty ironic that of all the places in the world...deep in the heart of San Louie....

...it has became Miller time

didn't see the first period but have watched the rest of the game. Who is gonna score first in O T?

Beer snob.

Glad the goalie could be of some assistance. I was worried....

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#243993 - 04/18/14 03:18 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

griffin said:

griffin

Glad to see you are on top of things. Please do keep these honest, impartial in-game updates coming....I'd be lost with out them.

Miller was horrible in the first......and he wasn't even the Blues best goalie in the OT.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#243998 - 04/19/14 05:52 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

griffin said:

griffin

Miller was horrible in the first......and he wasn't even the Blues best goalie in the OT.

griffin

Other than letting in the game tying goal with 1:45 left and then letting in the game winning goal in Triple OT I agree.

Though I can see your point. I remain objective.

But that's a lot easier to do do if you haven't fallen in love with a midget and lost all perspective.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

last_stand

#243999 - 04/19/14 05:54 AM

Might get the next few games on the radio, might not.......but no matter.

Go BLUE!!!!!

--------------------

sptsman

#244017 - 04/21/14 10:25 AM

Is it just me or does Joel Quenneville look like he's losing his cool (and his mind)? For a guy that always looked as stoic as any coach I've ever seen, he's all but gone berzerk in these games. And now that he's been fined for the crotch grab ($25K) the cameras are on him constantly.

Let's hope the Blues can take one of these in Chicago and come back home for a game 5 wrap-up.

Still haven't heard any "real" new on Backes. Is it just a mild concussion? Are his brains scrambled? Is he Perron/Crosby bad or going to be back and a few days? Losing him for more than a game or two would put a serious dent in their Cup chances.

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Loc: Lemmingstan

#244026 - 04/22/14 02:36 PM

Anybody besides me see where the Blues lost last night? Just curious.

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | >> (show all)

Extra information
2 registered and 474 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 25167

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page