CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Lodging and Restaurant Forum >> Great Recipes

Pages: 1
rb.

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: mo

Meat grinder
      #246592 - 10/08/14 05:29 PM

This isn't a recipe but the other day I picked up a meat grinder from Harbor Freight for $49. It had all the stuffer tubes and three grind plates. Ground up some beef yesterday with it and it worked great. They also have a twenty percent coupon at this link Grinder If you want to make your own burger or sausage this thing works great and you can't beat the price.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
sptsman

Loc: Missouri

Re: Meat grinder [Re: rb.]
      #246607 - 10/09/14 11:10 AM

I hope it works out and I'd be lying if I said I never bought anything from HF. But I'd also be lying if I said everything I've ever bought there has been great. Sometimes the great value ends up being junk.

My rule of thumb with HF is that I'm going elsewhere and spending a little (or a lot) more, if the items is something I am going to use a lot or is a critical item (jacks come to mind). I have an electric impact tool I bought from them because I use it once or twice a year at most.

Keep us posted on how it works...

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

rb.

Loc: mo

Re: Meat grinder [Re: sptsman]
      #246612 - 10/09/14 12:51 PM

I read all the reviews and the majority seemed to say it was a good machine. I ground up about 7 lbs of sirloin steak that was on sale and it did real well. However, being the skeptic that I am and sharing your concerns I bought the extended warranty for two years for seven bucks. Total replacement in that time period at the store. In fact, the cashier said bring it back anyway even if it runs before the warranty is over and they will give me a new one. I'm looking for some pork butts on sale to make some brats and breakfast sausage and I post up how it works.

hucklburry

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Daniel Boone's Neighborhood

Re: Meat grinder [Re: rb.]
      #246616 - 10/09/14 05:36 PM

The jacks actually hold up well, I have an engine hoist doing fine after 8 years that has picked plenty of stuff, a floor jack that is doing great, and this summer I used a few bottle jacks to lift a house, they held it suspended up 1.5" for 6 days with no movement.

Typically if it has moving parts, I don't buy it from HF, but their punch set has been OK

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 26 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  swampy 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 335

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page