CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | >> (show all)
IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

Re: MIZZOU Football Fans [Re: Bubba]
      #246757 - 10/17/14 01:53 PM

Any prognosticators on here giving the Tigers any reasonable chance to win in the Swamp? Before the Georgia game I was hopeful. Now not so much.. I am becoming less and less of an MM fan. As much "happy feet" as he has you'd think he was from San Francisco.. Just sayin'

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Bubba
strangesly aroused

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: Lemmingstan

Re: MIZZOU Football Fans [Re: IIFID]
      #246763 - 10/17/14 07:11 PM

Free Matty Mauk!

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

Bubba
strangesly aroused

#246780 - 10/19/14 06:58 PM

20 yards passing????? DO not free Matty Mauk.

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

#246781 - 10/19/14 08:44 PM

If you would have told me that MU would have more penalty yards than passing yards and that we would have a total of 119 yards of offense I would have told you that it would be a blowout.. Never expecting that we would be on the positive end of it!!
While the Gators do have a good defense, the O-line is terrible and MM looks lost. Definitely has the deer in the headlights look about him..

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

Re: MIZZOU Football Fans [Re: IIFID]
      #246786 - 10/20/14 09:54 AM

When your defense scores twice and give you the ball back on the 5 yard line..........and the special teams puts 2 more scores on the board............that tends to keep the offense sitting in the bench. Hard to get a rhythm. The O didn't so much when they were on the field from the looks of it, or it would have been a 70 point blowout. The O needs to get to the basics. A quick slant across the middle. Bubble screen. Quick outs. Get the 5 yard passes and work on the down the field stuff. We don't do the basics but expect to get those deep bomb quick strikes. Those over the middle passes work with our crew and lead to big gains with the poor tackles. It's been our go to play the last 4 years.

Pinkie better recruit some tall fast receives. Mail misses DGB. Hunt couldn't catch Ebola is he drank a puke bowl straight from Wesr Africa. Maui didn't have happy feet last year. Is Gabbert the new QB coach? He got lots of bad habits from last year to this year. Play calling looks like Yost came back with Gabbert.

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: MIZZOU Football Fans [Re: H2ODOG]
      #246787 - 10/20/14 09:58 AM

Only 2 times in last 15 years has an FBS team held their opponent to less than 150 yards of O and lost the fame. Both teams were Musschamp coached Gators. I imagine 1000 For Sale signs were in his front yard by Saturday night. He will be out after the season thanks to Mizzou. "HomeofToto" will be looking for a replacement again. Maybe the Big 12 will welcome him back. .

Mauk only three 2 passes in the 2nd half. The Florida D is a good team. Their O is horrible. Worse than ours. Mizzou out together an 18 play drive in the first half. That's tough to do. Penalities still kill us. That no block in the back, called block in the back was a killer or it would have been another O TD. Mizzou needs a good game on O to get back on track. Hopefully that is against Candy at home this weekend. They are horrible. Worse than ever.

Mizzou has won 6 straight SEC road games. SC and Arkansas have. Ever done that.....EVER. LSWho hasn't done it in a decade plus. Mizzou is 4-5 in home SEC games, yet 7-3 on the road. At this point I'm ready to play every SEC game on the road

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#246788 - 10/20/14 10:25 AM

I will say this about our D. It's a beast. Ray is a top 5 pick. Golden a top 15. Brantley is a monster on the inside. JD can play and stack up the inside. Top 2 round pick. GA put up points. It our D was gassed since Mauk couldn't keep his guys on the field.

Mixzou D is holding this team together

1st in SEC sacks and least yards per play allowed
2nd in passing yards per play and per game passings for SEC
3rd in SEC for yards per game & rushing yards per play
4th in Points per Game allowed

If the damn O was holding their end up, there wouldn't be a loss and Mizzou would be a top 5 team. Still a shot at the east of GA losses another game and we win out. Hopefully the O will find their groove and help finish the season strong getting is into a great bowl game or a second straight title game.

--------------------

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

#246790 - 10/20/14 01:39 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
I will say this about our D. It's a beast. Ray is a top 5 pick. Golden a top 15. Brantley is a monster on the inside. JD can play and stack up the inside. Top 2 round pick. GA put up points. It our D was gassed since Mauk couldn't keep his guys on the field.

While I agree the D is doing OK, let's not try to polish a turd by making excuses for them in the Georgia game. They were owned from the first snap of the ball through the end of the game. They may have eventually been gassed but that doesn't account for the fist two quarters of complete domination of MU's defense.

If the MU offense wants a lesson in how to dominate a game, without the best offensive talent in the SEC, all they need to do is go back and watch tapes of the Georgia game. Georgia simply dominated them with the most basic plays by chewing up yardage and clock one short play at a time (of course MU allowed many to be longer plays).

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Re: MIZZOU Football Fans [Re: sptsman]
      #246795 - 10/20/14 02:53 PM

Yeah , what sptsman said...

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#246796 - 10/20/14 03:15 PM

You don't have the Defensive stats the Mizzou D has, by having a bad D. They had a bad game. You act like our D line is Vanderbilt. Steckle got out of his game plan. No blitz packages. No pressure. Just lay back and wait for them to run all over us. Hell, why not stack the box and dare them to throw. Instead all the PA system said was chubby the ball carrier for 4 yards. When you only put 4 guys in the box against 5-6 you can expect an ass beating. Steckle was out coached. Pinkle was out coached. No adjustments. We held GA to their lowest average yards per carry of the season with no blitz packages. And a 4 man line.

You call it polishing a turd, but you're most pessimistic Monday morning arm chair quarterback in the history of Monday morning homers.

--------------------

wil e coyote

Loc: misery (married)

#246797 - 10/20/14 03:58 PM

... but that doesn't account for the fist two quarters of complete domination of MU's defense.

Are you kidding me Georgia scores 3 on there first drive. Mauk turns it over twice and Georgia walks away with only another 3. If they had complete domination as you say, it should have been 17 - 0.

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: MIZZOU Football Fans [Re: wil e coyote]
      #246798 - 10/20/14 05:13 PM

Quote:

wil e coyote said:
... but that doesn't account for the fist two quarters of complete domination of MU's defense.

Are you kidding me Georgia scores 3 on there first drive. Mauk turns it over twice and Georgia walks away with only another 3. If they had complete domination as you say, it should have been 17 - 0.

Stop polishing the turd.....you aren't allowed to do that. Mizzou was dominated by GA for 4 quarters according to sportsman. The score says so.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#246799 - 10/20/14 05:51 PM

Just in case Sportsman missed the GA game here is a reca

Mizzou fumble to start game after 4 plays. GA field goal 11 pays 45 yards. Not exactly a beat down on the D
Mizzou seriers #2. 3 plays. INT. GA 4 plays. 3 yards. Punt.
Mizzou series #3. 2 plays. INT. GA. 7 plays. 14 yards. FG
Mizzou series #4. 4 plays 16 yards Punt. GA 13 plays. 71 yards. TD. Not exactly running all over. Considering it was a 13 play drive.
Mizzou series #5. 3 plays. 5 yards. GA 10 plays. 65 yards. TD. To this point 5 Mizzou O series for 47 yards burning off 7:02 of the clock. GA had the ball 17:26 seconds. Well over 2:1
Mizzou series #6. 3 plays. -4 yards. GA 3 plays. 0 yards punt
Mizzou series #7. 4 plays. 22 yards fumble. GA 3 plays. 9 yards punt
Mizzou series #8. 3 plays 26 yards. Halftime.

Mizzou 10:12 seconds total O possession to 29:48 for GA. So who is getting gassed at this point????

2nd half.
GA 6 plays. 10 yards Punt. Mizzou 3 plays. 32 yards :52 seconds INT
GA. 4 plays. 15 yard punt. Mizzou. 8 plays. 45 yards INT
GA. 9 plays. 50 yards. TD.
Mizzou 3 plays. -1 yard. Punt. GA. 10 plays. 52 yards. 6:30 minutes. TD
Mizzou 3 plays. -5 yards. Punt. GA 9 plays. 45 yards. 6:24 minutes. Ball game.

GA got 3.6 yards a carry on the run. Their longest run was 18 yards. Their longest pass play was 14 yards. Not exactly getting beat by big plays over and over. Controlled the ball for 42 1/2 minutes of a 60 minute game. GA had 2 long drives for scores. The rest of it was field position close to mid field on 6 of their 10 possessions. Mizzou O started behind their own 30 yard line on every series but one. 13 of GA's 34 points came from TO's. 5 turnovers on short fields but they limited the damage to 13 points. Could have been way worse. Our D didn't lose the game. The offense did

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

#246800 - 10/20/14 06:16 PM

BFF....slow down , your google app is going to implode.

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#246801 - 10/20/14 07:16 PM

That was simply an ESPN stat page copy and paste Bubba. I know that is above your internet skills. Coule clicky clicks, and a few extra thoughts of mine. I'm sure Mr. Monday QB will tell us all how your Dawgs dominated our D all day.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

#246802 - 10/20/14 08:35 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Coule clicky clicks, and a few extra thoughts of mine.

Bro - which thoughts were yours and which ones were just normal thoughts?

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: MIZZOU Football Fans [Re: griffin]
      #246803 - 10/20/14 08:36 PM

Hey, how come our emoticon dudes are paralyzed???

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

#246804 - 10/21/14 07:06 AM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:

Mizzou fumble to start game after 4 plays. GA field goal 11 pays 45 yards. Not exactly a beat down on the D
Mizzou series #4. 4 plays 16 yards Punt. GA 13 plays. 71 yards. TD. Not exactly running all over. Considering it was a 13 play drive.
Mizzou series #5. 3 plays. 5 yards. GA 10 plays. 65 yards. TD. To this point 5 Mizzou O series for 47 yards burning off 7:02 of the clock. GA had the ball 17:26 seconds. Well over 2:1

Mizzou 10:12 seconds total O possession to 29:48 for GA. So who is getting gassed at this point????

2nd half.

GA got 3.6 yards a carry on the run. Their longest run was 18 yards. Their longest pass play was 14 yards. Not exactly getting beat by big plays over and over. Controlled the ball for 42 1/2 minutes of a 60 minute game. GA had 2 long drives for scores. The rest of it was field position close to mid field on 6 of their 10 possessions. Mizzou O started behind their own 30 yard line on every series but one. 13 of GA's 34 points came from TO's. 5 turnovers on short fields but they limited the damage to 13 points. Could have been way worse. Our D didn't lose the game. The offense did

I cut and pasted this:

Missouri 0
Georgia 34

At the beginning of my post, I said the D was doing OK. So, ease up and try not to be so defensive (no pun intended). And try to be a little objective when evaluating that game. My post was not indictment of the Mizzou D. It was merely pointing out that the Georgia game was not their finest hour. The offense (and coaching) being worse does not give them a free pass. They had a bad game, a turd, in fact...

Now let's look forward to Vandy and UK. Mizzou should crush Vandy and beat UK, just like Inidi... uh, never mind

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#246808 - 10/21/14 09:38 AM

Quote:

sptsman said:
Quote:

H2ODOG said:

2nd half.

I cut and pasted this:

Missouri 0
Georgia 34

At the beginning of my post, I said the D was doing OK. So, ease up and try not to be so defensive (no pun intended). And try to be a little objective when evaluating that game. My post was not indictment of the Mizzou D. It was merely pointing out that the Georgia game was not their finest hour. The offense (and coaching) being worse does not give them a free pass. They had a bad game, a turd, in fact...

Now let's look forward to Vandy and UK. Mizzou should crush Vandy and beat UK, just like Inidi... uh, never mind

NO need to cut and paste the score.......somehow, this picture will always remind me off a lackluster performance on the field. 5 Turnovers and an offense averaging 2 minutes per drive tells me all I need to know. I'm not blaming the D though. They have been the only thing worth watching for the entire season.

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

#246810 - 10/21/14 11:38 AM

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#246812 - 10/21/14 12:45 PM

I knew that picture would put a smile on your face Bubba

--------------------

last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

#246986 - 11/02/14 07:33 AM

Dawg, you can put the yellow jacket back on.

Bubba where are you this morning? bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

And the kid Nate Brown FINALLY got a chance to play. Pinkel needs to get him the ball and let him run.

Now win out baby. Just win out.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: MIZZOU Football Fans [Re: last_stand]
      #246987 - 11/02/14 08:25 AM

Bubba right now feels like j did after the GA/Mizzou game. Musschamp was gonna be lucky to keep his job after the MU game. Georgia might have saved him for a little longer.

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

#246988 - 11/02/14 11:10 AM

Free Todd Gurley!! I mean really , come on , free him..

My Dawgs looked like chit after the first quarter. Defense stayed on the bus , obviously.

MIZ-

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

#246997 - 11/03/14 12:22 PM

Well here we go.

If the Tigers want Atlanta it's theirs. Win 3.

Not bad for a transition year, not bad at all.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | >> (show all)

Extra information
6 registered and 480 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 12544

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page