CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Political Forum

Pages: 1
Mel

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: Excelsior Springs, MO

Election Results
      #247043 - 11/06/14 01:29 PM

If the loss of 7-9 Senate seats, 10 or more House seats, and 3 Governorships doesn't wake up the Dems to the fact they are in real trouble with the voters nothing ever will. They just got their nuts crushed.

Now the GOP can screw the pooch if they start being hard headed by saying,"My way or the highway". We need to get this government up and running again based on the Constitution of the United States of America. At least we don't have Harry Reid standing in the way any more.

--------------------
Member DU, Delta

Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names - John Kennedy

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
foots
the exterminator

Loc: by my spiritual advisor, Wu

Re: Election Results [Re: Mel]
      #247045 - 11/06/14 01:45 PM

Quote:

Mel said:
If the loss of 7-9 Senate seats, 10 or more House seats, and 3 Governorships doesn't wake up the Dems to the fact they are in real trouble with the voters nothing ever will. They just got their nuts crushed.

Now the GOP can screw the pooch if they start being hard headed by saying,"My way or the highway". We need to get this government up and running again based on the Constitution of the United States of America. At least we don't have Harry Reid standing in the way any more.

No, but we got a my way or the hiway, egotistical, know it all, jackoff for a president.

--------------------
I was born kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I have no problem goin out the same way.

HAUS
member for now

Loc: Paradise

Re: Election Results [Re: foots]
      #247046 - 11/06/14 02:37 PM

i can handle the highway, as long as he's tied to a bumper of a truck..

--------------------
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day..

redleg
Enzyte - one a day!

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Big Rock Candy Mountain

Re: Election Results [Re: HAUS]
      #247048 - 11/06/14 04:47 PM

Dems got it just the way they want it,,,they all distance themselves from Obammie,,,good move...They let the GOP run the show pretty much for the next 2 years,,Nother good move,,No way the GOP can even get get close to fixin this mess in 2 years so chit (altho they try) will still go in the crapper,,won't be able to get chit past PresBo...They will get all the blame for the next 2 years and the Dems will say they had nothing to do with it,,,2016 that biatch Hilary will be running on what the GOP has done the last 2 years,,,altho she won't mention their hands were basically tied,,,,ain't no fixin this chit til he is out of office....
The 2016 vote is the one that will make it or break it....but I think they(the Dems) got the message,,...We'll see I'm hopeful,,,but they are after all,they are all Politions...

--------------------
A gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have one, you'll prolly never need one again.

Edited by redleg (11/06/14 04:52 PM)

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

Re: Election Results [Re: Mel]
      #247064 - 11/10/14 08:13 AM

Quote:

Mel said:Now the GOP can screw the pooch if they start being hard headed by saying,"My way or the highway". We need to get this government up and running again based on the Constitution of the United States of America. At least we don't have Harry Reid standing in the way any more.

Mel, I could not disagree more. The word "compromise" has done nothing but put us nearly $20 trillion in debt and given us a bloated, over-reaching federal government. If the GOP wants to screw this up, the formula is simple. Just keep doing more of the same, play nice with the Dems and keep the government the same size or even bigger. I agree they need to stick with solid Constitutionally sound principles but they need to take a truly conservative approach and tell Obama "My way or the highway..." (Doesn't anyone remember the Dems chant, "We won, get over it..."?) Let him veto sound legislation to fix or repeal Obamacare. Let him veto a sound, balanced budget that cuts waste in government. Let him veto smart immigration laws that secure borders and address illegals in a manner that does not give them priority over immigrants that are playing by the rules and regular citizens. Let him veto bills that reign in out-of-control bureaucracies like the IRS, EPA and Homeland Security. And the list goes on... At the end of the day, he can't veto appropriations bills forever or the government will shut down. By using those bills to work on some of these key issues, he will have no choice.

Here's how the GOP will screw it up. They will listen to the left-wing media and they will be to scared to take the mandate they have and run with it. Mark my word, they will water chit down to get Obama to sign it. They will try to play the middle and "compromise" with the Dems. At the end of the day they will look like the weak-kneed politicians they are. They really don't have a dynamic "face of the franchise" politician that they will allow to drive the agenda (anybody remember Reagan). A guy like Rand Paul could really be that person. But alas, we will see a starched-shirt, pasty old white guy that has been a career politician doing exactly what he thinks a self-preserving politician should do. Nobody loves a government program like a lifelong politician.

I am hopeful that I am wrong but I don't see it going any other way. Does anyone think Mitch McConnell is going to inspire anyone to do anything? Does anyone think he hasn't been watching the power that Harry Reid been wielding and he's not licking his chops to be the most powerful man in DC? Does anyone think he's going to say, "You know, there is a better choice for this position and I propose..."? Fat chance. The only hope we have is that Mitch McConnell has a epiphany and suddenly becomes Ronald Reagan'ish. I'll not be holding my breath...

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

Mel

Loc: Excelsior Springs, MO

Re: Election Results [Re: sptsman]
      #247069 - 11/10/14 02:04 PM

Wow!!!! What a mouthful. I went to sleep reading all of that.

At least, I stirred the pot a little. Besides, I would have really worried if you had agreed with me.

--------------------
Member DU, Delta

Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names - John Kennedy

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

Re: Election Results [Re: redleg]
      #247157 - 11/17/14 11:45 AM

Quote:

redleg said:
Dems got it just the way they want it,,,they all distance themselves from Obammie,,,good move...They let the GOP run the show pretty much for the next 2 years,,Nother good move,,No way the GOP can even get get close to fixin this mess in 2 years so chit (altho they try) will still go in the crapper,,won't be able to get chit past PresBo...They will get all the blame for the next 2 years and the Dems will say they had nothing to do with it,,,2016 that biatch Hilary will be running on what the GOP has done the last 2 years,,,altho she won't mention their hands were basically tied,,,,ain't no fixin this chit til he is out of office....
The 2016 vote is the one that will make it or break it....but I think they(the Dems) got the message,,...We'll see I'm hopeful,,,but they are after all,they are all Politions...

The GOP will run that Hillary is just another extension of 8 years of the HNIC. Once he rams this Illegal Executive Order on Illegal Immigration down the throats of the 75% of the American population that don't want it, it will further push the American voting population.....notice I said American and not just voting population, further to the right. The independents will be pissed off more than they are. They GOP voters will come out in full force. Republicans need a strong Candidate to run. Not one that is middle of the road, riding the fence Republican, but a Red tie wearing, TRUE Conservative that has the values of the Middle Class in mind. A gun toting, animal eating, EPA hating, church going, God fearing, Conservative.

The black minority shows up for their people. They won't show up for Hillary. Yes she will go full blown liberalism and push the Feminist card....which failed in Colorado miserably in the Senate Race. The truth in Benghazi will come to light with Republicans in control of both chambers of the house. ObamaCare will have a key component of its legislation overturned by the Supreme Court. It won't last after their decision. The truth will come out in Fast and Furious and the IRS scandal. Democrats asses will be handed to them on a plate after a pit dog chews on it. The President won't work with the Republican leadership and will have his veto pen ready, the problem being I think enough Senate Democrats are scared shitless about their job in 2 years, that Republicans can get the votes needed to override his pen. Harry Reid is so damn mad right now about losing his leadership position, that I think he would vote for impeachment if it came up. He is pissed off beyond belief.

Obama says he will work with Republicans, but he won't. That won't go over well with voters. Obama will continue to push his agenda which even the left is growing sick of. His stubborn Me or the Highway approach will tank any chance of another Democrat winning in 2016 for the White House, and just might further push the GOP to a record number in the House, with a chance at another 4-5 seats in the Senate.

The GOP is in the drivers seat. They pass bills and send them to the President. If they have Bi-Partisan support, unlike the first 4 years of the HNIC's presidency, The blame falls back on the president for not working with Congress. Pass bills the American people can support, and if he veto's them, try to get the votes to override. The voter is not putting up with $hit, as proven in this last election. Get on board with a plan to make our country better, or get your ass voted out of office.

The biggest plus of this wave from the last election is the amount of control the GOP has at the state level. 31 states are completed controlled by Republicans, compared to 12 for the Democrats. That huge when it comes to laws for voting, redistricting and alignments for political reasons. The same rules the Democrats have been using to shove crap down our throats will be used against them this next election cycle, and they are already screaming loud about it. Seems they don't like their own rules applied to them.

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

sptsman

#250391 - 10/06/15 07:49 AM

Quote:

sptsman said:
Quote:

Mel said:Now the GOP can screw the pooch if they start being hard headed by saying,"My way or the highway". We need to get this government up and running again based on the Constitution of the United States of America. At least we don't have Harry Reid standing in the way any more.

Mel, I could not disagree more. The word "compromise" has done nothing but put us nearly $20 trillion in debt and given us a bloated, over-reaching federal government. If the GOP wants to screw this up, the formula is simple. Just keep doing more of the same, play nice with the Dems and keep the government the same size or even bigger. I agree they need to stick with solid Constitutionally sound principles but they need to take a truly conservative approach and tell Obama "My way or the highway..." (Doesn't anyone remember the Dems chant, "We won, get over it..."?) Let him veto sound legislation to fix or repeal Obamacare. Let him veto a sound, balanced budget that cuts waste in government. Let him veto smart immigration laws that secure borders and address illegals in a manner that does not give them priority over immigrants that are playing by the rules and regular citizens. Let him veto bills that reign in out-of-control bureaucracies like the IRS, EPA and Homeland Security. And the list goes on... At the end of the day, he can't veto appropriations bills forever or the government will shut down. By using those bills to work on some of these key issues, he will have no choice.

Here's how the GOP will screw it up. They will listen to the left-wing media and they will be to scared to take the mandate they have and run with it. Mark my word, they will water chit down to get Obama to sign it. They will try to play the middle and "compromise" with the Dems. At the end of the day they will look like the weak-kneed politicians they are. They really don't have a dynamic "face of the franchise" politician that they will allow to drive the agenda (anybody remember Reagan). A guy like Rand Paul could really be that person. But alas, we will see a starched-shirt, pasty old white guy that has been a career politician doing exactly what he thinks a self-preserving politician should do. Nobody loves a government program like a lifelong politician.

I am hopeful that I am wrong but I don't see it going any other way. Does anyone think Mitch McConnell is going to inspire anyone to do anything? Does anyone think he hasn't been watching the power that Harry Reid been wielding and he's not licking his chops to be the most powerful man in DC? Does anyone think he's going to say, "You know, there is a better choice for this position and I propose..."? Fat chance. The only hope we have is that Mitch McConnell has a epiphany and suddenly becomes Ronald Reagan'ish. I'll not be holding my breath...

I was hopeful that I would be wrong, in the post above, about a year ago. Unfortunately, I was spot on and the country is now worse off than before the Republicans took the House and Senate. I am no Nostradamus. This was as easy to see as Biden yanking the Dem nomination from Hillary a few months from now (a 95%+ certainty).

As frightening as it is, the only hope the Republicans have is to be knocked on their arse by an outsider like Trump, Fiorina or Carson. Otherwise, look for more of the sad, pathetic, compromising like McConnell and Boehner have given us over the last year. Look for ISIS to gain further strength and look for Putin to keep sticking his finger on our eye at every turn.

--------------------

daffy

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Jeff County, MO

#250827 - 10/28/15 08:56 PM

Go Hillary...er Trump.

Oh hell they're all crooks!

--------------------
Our next presenter is the first woman to ever breast-feed an Apple - Gwyneth Paltrow.
-- Chris Rock

flocked

Reged: 12/16/06
Loc: missouri

Re: Election Results [Re: foots]
      #250924 - 11/02/15 08:42 PM

Quote:

foots said:
Quote:

Mel said:

No, but we got a my way or the hiway, egotistical, know it all, jackoff for a president.

tell us how you really feel

redleg
Enzyte - one a day!

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Big Rock Candy Mountain

Re: Election Results [Re: flocked]
      #251201 - 11/24/15 06:19 PM

Things need to change,,and I like to see Trump shakin it up But I just see him as another my way or the hiway,,,he'll get his way one way or the other. I think there are better GOP leaders out there...But it sure is good to see him stiring the pot. Time for a change and I don't see it coming with executive order,,I kinda think Trump would pull that one just as much as the one we got,,
GOP got some other good choices

--------------------
A gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have one, you'll prolly never need one again.

Edited by redleg (11/24/15 06:20 PM)

sptsman

Re: Election Results [Re: redleg]
      #251235 - 11/30/15 08:45 AM

I am making my prediction that it will be Cruz or Rubio running against Hillary in '16. Then again, I predicted Hillary would not make it to the Dem Primary. Looks like she has already been anointed. If she can stay out of jail, she will be the Dem candidate.

Trump would crush her by 10 points or more but the GOP isn't going to let him get that far. I predict an internal hit job by the RNC will doom him. They'll come up with something that will end his run. Rubio or Cruz could both defeat her but the RNC doesn't like Cruz and Rubio seems to be under more assault from Jeb Bush than the Dems or the media. If Jeb Bush makes it through, prepare for at least four years of Hillary.

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 43 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Jaeger 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1344

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page