CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Political Forum

Pages: 1
IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

Psychology and politics
      #249160 - 06/23/15 08:26 AM

If you start with a cage containing four monkeys, and inside the cage hang a banana on a string from the top, and then you place a set of stairs under the banana, before long a monkey will go to the stairs and climb toward the banana. ALL the monkeys are sprayed with cold water. After a while, another monkey makes an attempt with same result -- As soon as he touches the stairs, you spray ALL the monkeys with cold water. Pretty soon, when another monkey tries to climb the stairs, the other monkeys will try to prevent it.

Now, put the cold water away. Remove one monkey from the cage and replace it with a new monkey. The new monkey sees the banana and attempts to climb the stairs. To his shock, ALL of the other monkeys beat the crap out of him. After another attempt and attack, he knows that if he tries to climb the stairs he will be assaulted.

Next, remove another of the original four monkeys, replacing it with a new monkey. The newcomer goes to the stairs and is attacked. The previous newcomer takes part in the punishment with enthusiasm -- because he is now part of the "team".

Then, replace a third original monkey with a new monkey, followed by the fourth. Every time the newest monkey takes to the stairs, he is attacked.

Now, the monkeys that are beating him up have no idea why they were not permitted to climb the stairs. Neither do they know why they are participating in the beating of the newest monkey.

Finally, having replaced all of the original monkeys, none of the remaining monkeys will have ever been sprayed with cold water.
Nevertheless, not one of the monkeys will try to climb the stairway for the banana. Why, you ask? Because in their minds, that is the way it has always been!

This Ladies and Gentlemen is how today's House and Senate operates; and this is why, from time to time, ALL of the monkeys need to be REPLACED AT THE SAME TIME!

Disclaimer: This is meant as no disrespect to monkeys.

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
redleg
Enzyte - one a day!

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Big Rock Candy Mountain

Re: Psychology and politics [Re: IIFID]
      #249188 - 06/25/15 05:57 PM

A men brutha
It's time for new blood and new ideas....
What we have in place just ain't workin,,,,
regardless of what side of the fence,,the old folks play the same ole game,,,and it's forkin broke....
Matter of fact everytime they make a new law,,I get broker But I'll get up in the morning and go to work to pay for a whole bunch of someone elses health care and their other needs...I'm American that's what we do.
I vote,,I work...I can biatch if I want to....

--------------------
A gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have one, you'll prolly never need one again.

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: Psychology and politics [Re: redleg]
      #249201 - 06/26/15 04:39 PM

That's all crap.

Put 4 beers on the top of the stairs and the monkeys will call a truce and forget all about fighting each other over a forking banana.

This is easy stuff.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

redleg
Enzyte - one a day!

Loc: Big Rock Candy Mountain

Re: Psychology and politics [Re: griffin]
      #249203 - 06/26/15 06:31 PM

What kinda beer????

--------------------
A gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have one, you'll prolly never need one again.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Jaeger 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 412

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page