CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | >> (show all)
H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

Re: 2016 STL Cardinals [Re: HAUS]
      #252632 - 05/13/16 08:36 AM

Quote:

HAUS said:
I got a kick out of this.. Lackey will fold up like a cheap chair and implode before this year is over.. He ain't got the stuff he used to have and it will show late in the year, especially with all the pressure that comes with playing for a perennial loser..
Forkin mouth breather..

http://espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/story/_/i...iego-padres-win

Quote:

CHICAGO -- Chicago Cubs pitcher John Lackey was apparently upset with the way San Diego Padres catcher Christian Bethancourt reacted after hitting a home run in the Padres' 1-0 win over the Cubs on Wednesday night.
"How many home runs does he have?" Lackey asked sarcastically after the game.

Wednesday was Bethancourt's third of the season, and it was a monster blast to left that landed on the street outside Wrigley Field. Bethancourt watched it for a moment before rounding the bases.

"I got a long memory," said Lackey (4-2), who took the loss after going eight innings and allowing a run on three hits, with no walks and seven strikeouts.

Bethancourt and Lackey don't have a history; this was the first meeting between hitter and pitcher, which Lackey was well aware of.

"Oh, I know," Lackey said. "He'll learn."

Bethancourt's homer was the lone run of the game, giving the Padres a doubleheader sweep and the Cubs their first two-game losing streak of the season.

I saw Lackey at our anger management classes for a year, until he packed up and left for Shitcago. Dude has some issues. I guess when you serve up a 77 mph off speed pitch with your old tired arm, and allow the ball to be hit so hard, long, and far.....that they had an inflight meal service on the trip out of the park....I see why he got angry.

I'm personally smiling at Heyward. Wasn't impressed with him in STL or never understood the hype. $25 million a year for a dude 30 games in and ZERO HR's, zero triples, 5 weak ass doubles, almost double the strikeouts to walks, while batting .216 & slugging .256 The Cubs paid $22 million for a guy to bat like Pete Kozma. Meanwhile his replacement, Stephen Piscotty. 5HR, .319 BA and .514 slugging THE BIGGEST STAT for all those baseball junkies who now believe you gotta have a WAR to be worth something......the dumbest chit ever in my opinion. Heyward has a .2 WAR. Piscotty a 1.4 WAR

Heyward $22 million
Piscotty $512,500

I sure Piscotty pays off this year. I'm worried he wont'

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: 2016 STL Cardinals [Re: DADAKOTA]
      #252633 - 05/13/16 09:09 AM

Quote:

DADAKOTA said:
Not much banter with the Blues winning.

2+ weeks on the 2016 WS Champion Royals thread......I guess when the team can't stay above .500, its clear to see how the bandwagon guys don't post, brag, or talk about last nights loss. I would go down there to post the win total of the Royals and the win total of the Cardinals, just to show Mac he is losing the imaginary bet I ran out of time to jump on. I'm sure he is happy. I was going to ask for a bottle of Peppy Van Winkle. After all, if you make a bet to support your team, you make it a good one. Nothing says I support you like a bottle of cheap ass scotch from the discount liquor section of Wal-Mark,

Its still May, which means there isn't much to talk about with STL baseball. All we care about Wags, is to still be talking about how they are playing in October. I just wonder how long is going to take for the New Money fans to make a post about their current 3-7 streak they are on.

--------------------

DjF
little buddie

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: staring at an empty mailbox...

Re: 2016 STL Cardinals [Re: H2ODOG]
      #252634 - 05/13/16 10:35 AM

Royals had the longest streak above 500 until their recent suck-getting-their azz-kicked streak...it happens, we ain't pompus...we don't post pics of our team holding golf bags, we ride with them, we enjoy the ride...

Enjoy your tradition...you all lost last year, we won...suck on that for while...

--------------------
somewhere between "Hi, how can we help you?" and "Get off my lawn!"

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: 2016 STL Cardinals [Re: DjF]
      #252635 - 05/13/16 10:53 AM

The golf bag hoisted high above the head of a Blues player.....is well typical of the Blues Playoff run Year in and out, hence the reason to make fun of them. My first playoff game I went to see for the Blues, is when they played the Minnesota North Stars. The Blues lost that series also. You enjoy the ride, but when the results are the same year after year, you just shake your head, post the picture of the hockey bag over the head and say maybe next year. I don't know why I'm explaining it to a Royals fan.....yall hoisted golf clubs over your heads for 3 plus decades every October. Not just come playoff time, but throughout the season too. All 11,000 of you a night. The Bandwagon guys had not climbed on board yet. They were too busy saying how much of a failure the Chiefs season would be all summer long.

I guess someone with the keys to this dump, accidentally deleted 2 weeks worth of posts on the KC thread. You know....because yall are enjoying the ride so much and posting daily.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#252636 - 05/13/16 10:55 AM

Hell.....Bubba has posted more in the last 2 weeks about his MLB Loss leading Braves than the Royals fans have about their sub .500 team. Last year, yall couldn't go a day without posting up the results or latest greatest thing.

--------------------

DjF
little buddie

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: staring at an empty mailbox...

#252637 - 05/13/16 11:12 AM

I've never been a poster much on Royals/Chiefs threads...just here and there...you know I am a fan, just don't hold to beating my breast or kicking others when their team is down...end result speaks for itself...

and I hate golf...

--------------------
somewhere between "Hi, how can we help you?" and "Get off my lawn!"

last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

Re: 2016 STL Cardinals [Re: DjF]
      #252638 - 05/13/16 12:23 PM

Right now, if the Cards were playing .750, maybe I would have a post or two more on them. And maybe not. They have won plenty for me here lately but I still remember the 70's quite well so I support them no matter what they do and I know better than to base most anything important off of baseball in the spring.

I followed the Blues and the Rams by far more the past whatever years. My teams, I love the sports and I actually enjoy following rebuilding. Well, then there's the Rams kind of rebuilding to take into account.

Don't want to jinx them but there is no championship in any sport like the Stanly Cup. Nothing harder, more arduous, more difficult to win. And you will never find a pretender at the end of that road. It's been 49 years now, lots of everything thrown in, while it all hasn't been good it's been one hell of a ride. There's always been a core here but I welcome the jumpers. The franchise needs 'em and one day they might even figure out what icing is.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

Re: 2016 STL Cardinals [Re: last_stand]
      #252666 - 05/16/16 08:22 AM

The Cardinals are hard to watch right now. Between the intensity of the Blues games and the piss-poor play of the Cardinals, it makes it hard to sit through much more than a few innings here and there. Leading all of MLB in errors and sporadic pitching just isn't all that fun to watch. I'm figuring about the time the Blues hoist the Cup, the Redbirds will be on track...

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Loc: Lemmingstan

#252681 - 05/16/16 04:43 PM

Hey , Ninja....the Braves won a game this weekend. Knock of the negativity...the season is young!

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

last_stand

Re: 2016 STL Cardinals [Re: Bubba]
      #252774 - 05/27/16 04:39 PM

It's almost June.

What are the Cardinals doing?

--------------------

fish
senior member - literally

Loc: Kingdom of Callaway

#252775 - 05/28/16 06:56 AM

Playing Jeckyl and Hyde baseball. Score 10 runs one game and 1 the next. Waiting for the flubs "June Swoon" so maybe we can get back in the chase.

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: 2016 STL Cardinals [Re: fish]
      #252776 - 05/28/16 08:34 AM

Piscotty in one swing matched 1/4 of the rbi's Heyward has hit in 2 months. .......and equaled his HR total.

I guess he is still adjusting to playing in a new league. I hear the switch can be tough.

--------------------

last_stand

#252823 - 06/10/16 11:01 AM

Welp gotta say that lineup with Peralta at third and Diaz at short with Carp on second is pretty interesting. But I wish Carp could play short!

My post Blues summary says if this starting pitching ever comes around this club can hang and make some noise.

But first two innings watching Jaime the other night gave me a headache. Yes we won the game but he had zero to do with that.

I've got a dream in mind for the first week of post season baseball. I hope it comes true.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#252878 - 06/21/16 08:42 PM

It's good to see Mart Holliday getting so much playing time at 1st like LS said he would

--------------------

last_stand

#252886 - 06/23/16 10:16 AM

Now it's about "so much playing time"? Slick.

Matheney and Mo put him at first dude. Pretty sure that's what I said they should consider. But tell them how right you were. As always.

If Moss weren't hitting, he'd still be there plenty too.

And no doubt in my mind you will see him back at first as a Cardinal or on another team.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#252889 - 06/23/16 04:32 PM

The Cardinals have Moss and Adams to play first. They have had them all along. You wanted to put Holliday at first because we didn't have a better option there. The experiment last 5 games in April. 13+ years into a career and you want dumbo to learn a new position. SMH. Holliday isn't getting playing time at 1st anytime soon. Unless Moss and Adams, get hurt, Holliday is staying in Left. I guess if a team was desperate and we release him next year, someone could pick up a makeshift expensive slow dumb 14 year veteran with 5 games of 1st base experience. Dude
Is a liability at 1st. He will be playing Left or a DH in the AL

--------------------

last_stand

#252894 - 06/24/16 05:45 AM

I was right about Holiday at first. They did put him there.

I was dead wrong about Moss and Adams coming through. Hope it stays that way.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#252897 - 06/24/16 07:59 AM

I can agree with that.

Holliday at 1st doesn't work. It was never going to work. You either get a 1st baseman, or use Moss and Adams. Cards didn't spend the money they wanted to this winter. It hasn't hurt them. Could have used the starting pitching the last couple months, but happy Heyward left. His replacement is way better for way less.

A year or 2 down the road the cards will still have plenty of money to spend. The Cubs have doubled their payroll from 2 years ago. Next year, they add $13 million to it from Zobrist and Heyward. Arrieta will command $25+ Million a year minimum. Probably closer to $30 million. That puts them at $220-225 million a year minimum. !| it keeps getting heavier year after year. Cards have $35 million less on the books this year. Next year, only $93 million committed. The money is there to spend next year and make STL even better.

--------------------

last_stand

#252898 - 06/24/16 08:21 AM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
I can agree with that.

Holliday at 1st doesn't work. It was never going to work. You either get a 1st baseman, or use Moss and Adams. Cards didn't spend the money they wanted to this winter. It hasn't hurt them. Could have used the starting pitching the last couple months, but happy Heyward left. His replacement is way better for way less.

A year or 2 down the road the cards will still have plenty of money to spend. The Cubs have doubled their payroll from 2 years ago. Next year, they add $13 million to it from Zobrist and Heyward. Arrieta will command $25+ Million a year minimum. Probably closer to $30 million. That puts them at $220-225 million a year minimum. !| it keeps getting heavier year after year. Cards have $35 million less on the books this year. Next year, only $93 million committed. The money is there to spend next year and make STL even better.

With Wong playing center field here lately not sure you can say the failure of a FA signing this past year did not hurt them. RG and Phambino have, so far, failed to be consistent for one reason or another and it has hurt the team, particularly in CF. I will say last years FA class pretty much sucked anyway. So far, you are right about Jhey. Hope that stays right too because it really hurts the cubs no matter what they say.

All in all we are in the WC hunt and our starting pitching has not yet lived up to it's billing. If they come through, as some signs are encouraging, it should be a good second half. Enough with the all the down trends and poor play at home, time for some consistent ball.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#252903 - 06/24/16 04:56 PM

Put Piscotty on center. Miss to RF. Adams at 1st. Pham is back and can start working his way into more games. The FA market was weak. Pitching is what we needed early. They seem to have it back on track. Heyward has always been overrated. Was never a fan.

Between Hazelbacker, Pham and RG.......just one needs to find their stroke. If they don't we have good options. They wouldn't be the fastest outfield STL has put on the field, but their bat power is there. Wong needs to get back in the IF. Had he got lots of playing time on the OF during spring training, I could deal with him out there.

Cubs started off at a record pace. 12-9 this month. I didn't think they could keep up their pace. Cards can keep picking at the lead and catch them in the 2nd half.

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

#252915 - 06/25/16 05:59 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:

All in all we are in the WC hunt.

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#252917 - 06/25/16 09:42 PM

Quote:

Bubba said:
Quote:

last_stand said:

All in all we are in the WC hunt.

Way better than being in the hunt for the number 1 overall pick in baseball for 2017. Just sayin. The way they look, I'm guessing 2018 also.

What's the over/under on 100 losses??

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

#252925 - 06/26/16 05:14 PM

Dude , lighten up. I have zero control on over and unders and consequently I go with the flow... Maybe you should consider that for yourself. Life is too short to be toxic on every damn subject

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#252928 - 06/26/16 05:56 PM

Hater. I was just being a lemming and following your lead. My bad

--------------------

last_stand

#252929 - 06/26/16 09:06 PM

Phambino can go to center now.

Be great if he can stay healthy for a week or two.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | >> (show all)

Extra information
6 registered and 442 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 6283

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page