CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | >> (show all)
griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: 2016-2017 Saint Louis Blues [Re: last_stand]
      #254321 - 01/12/17 09:53 PM

You gotta admit, LS........that Jake Allen is a stud.....he'll be fine to lead the Blues further into the playoffs.

He's playing well tonight.....only 4 goals in 17 shots.

Armstrong will at least be happy he hasn't gotten off his knees....which, judging from his play the last few years (on his knees), HAS to be the only reason he's still here.

This team is a joke.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: 2016-2017 Saint Louis Blues [Re: griffin]
      #254322 - 01/12/17 10:19 PM

Oh.....now I see why they kept Allen.......so he could teach Hutton how to stay on his knees too.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#254325 - 01/13/17 10:27 AM

Anybody watch Pang after last nights game? Arguably one of the biggest homers in the game was beside himself......it was obvious he is quickly losing respect for this team. No second effort he kept saying......same thing as no heart, no character.

With 60% of their remaining games on the road and currently only 2 pts. away from losing the last playoff spot.....they are done without significant trade moves.

When the Blues miss the playoffs Armstrong has to go and the rebuilding process has to start over. There is currently no base of leadership. It's just a bunch of Perron's doing their own thing....and none of them are good enough for that.

Barely halfway through and the fat lady is warming up.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

#254327 - 01/14/17 10:02 AM

If you go back and read, I was on the Allen move since day 1. Not that it matters. I wish it wasn't the case.

I think the Allen move and then of all things the extension should be the end of DA's reign.

I agree the fat lady has stood up. I would bring Copley up. No, actually, I would have brought the kid up a week ago. Can it be any worse?

Careful there quoting the Panger. He twice mentioned how well Perron was playing during that very game.

No doubt this team is in trouble and in disarray. It's gonna take a miracle to turn it around. I'd start at the net.

Dear God,
Go Blue!

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#254328 - 01/14/17 10:41 AM

This team can't play together......and all Perron is for me is the perfect example and embodiment of that. That very trait has been the knock on Perron his entire career.....the entire league knows this. Stasny has the same reputation. Neither has EVER been a good teammate. They are a cancer on a team....always have been.

Tear this team down and start over. There isn't a character guy on the entire roster.....and it shows in the play.

This is a team that is too slow to play the "fast" game they are trying to play, and too small and unwilling to play a physical game that a slow team must play. Top that off with a bunch of guys out to show they are not the scoring problem by going it alone and you have what you are seeing......a bad hockey team.

This team will not finish in the top 20 in league standings.

Start over......and start with the GM.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#254329 - 01/14/17 05:29 PM

I'm a forking Blues fan I will watch and cheer and b1tch but I ain't writing them off just yet.

But I wouldn't bet a nickel you aren't right the way they are playing right now. And like you I saw it months ago too on the lacking issue. It's all catching up

Stasny has flopped since coming here albeit last years playoffs when the guy did show up until the Shark series when he went in the deep end like the rest of the team. Yes, he's back to being a problem.

I've heard it about Perron, Ive said it about Perron, but I see a much different guy out there today. We disagree on Perron. That ain't the end of the world.

We agree on most all of what we are seeing.

Allen is problem #1 right now. Stop the bleeding at the net and lace 'em up. It's ugly now but they drop the puck at 9:30 tonight and I've got nothing better to do but look for more better from these guys.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#254330 - 01/14/17 09:58 PM

I'm watching too......and goddamit.....why can't Perron play every shift like he just played the shift he scored on? I rarely see him look to get rid of the puck and move it like he did there.....and he has the skill to play that way. Forking maddening.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#254334 - 01/15/17 07:21 AM

After the game...and with a straight face....Panger said he "thinks" Copely will get the start tonight.

Send Allen down, bring up Copley ready or not, and run with that for two weeks and assess.

Or make a trade. A good one.

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Loc: Lemmingstan

#254340 - 01/15/17 04:34 PM

Honestly guys ,I miss Els......just sayin'

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

dabsAdministrator

Loc: New Money, USA

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
Re: 2016-2017 Saint Louis Blues [Re: Bubba]
      #254341 - 01/15/17 05:28 PM

Quote:

Bubba said:
Honestly guys ,I miss Els......just sayin'

Ernie???

last_stand

Re: 2016-2017 Saint Louis Blues [Re: dabs]
      #254342 - 01/16/17 02:08 PM

There's actually talk of putting Allen back in net Tuesday nite.

I don't know how long Hutton can pull the rabbits out of his hat but please dear God let's find out.

Good forkin grief.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#254349 - 01/16/17 10:12 PM

I'll be there tomorrow, and if Allen is in goal I'll lead the boos for him and the Blues coaching staff. I don't know much about Hutton.....saw him in person against Dallas a few weeks ago and he played well...but I know he is 4-0-2 in his last 6 starts.....how hard can this be to stay with the hot hand?

Allen is a head case, and it looks like his teammates have lost confidence in him, let him sit.

griffin

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#254354 - 01/17/17 07:39 PM

After 2 periods it looks like Hutton can help us out......I mean, other than the fact that he can't skate or handle the puck, he's got a shot at #1 on this team.

Seriously, we are now pinning our hopes on a guy in goal who almost falls down every time he skates backwards, and if he tries to stick handle the puck he looks like Frankenstein.

We're like Cub's fans now......we can't even see how futile being loyal to this team is.

Fiery crash, that's how this season ends.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#254355 - 01/18/17 05:33 AM

Quote:

griffin said:

We're like Cub's fans now......we can't even see how futile being loyal to this team is.

griffin

bwaaaaaaa......swear I thought the exact same thing about a week ago.

And wtf, do we lose every time you go to a game?

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

#254356 - 01/18/17 01:48 PM

I think I've referenced the Flubs = The Note the last few seasons and took chit over it. Still don't see the difference. Just wait until the next goalie..err..season!

Yep it's the players fault! And the GM's fault! And the front office fault! But it certainly can't be Hitch's fault! He's won a Cup gawddammit!!

HAUS
member for now

Loc: Paradise

#254357 - 01/18/17 02:03 PM

Quote:

griffin said:

Don't forget Chefs fans.

Ain't won jack since '69

--------------------
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day..

last_stand

Re: 2016-2017 Saint Louis Blues [Re: IIFID]
      #254358 - 01/18/17 06:47 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
I think I've referenced the Flubs = The Note the last few seasons and took chit over it. Still don't see the difference. Just wait until the next goalie..err..season!

Yep it's the players fault! And the GM's fault! And the front office fault! But it certainly can't be Hitch's fault! He's won a Cup gawddammit!!

The comparison, for me, is the 50 years waiting on the Cup.

But at least the Blues have won a lot along the way. And 50 ain't 108.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#254359 - 01/18/17 06:55 PM

So it's Hitchcock's fault that Elliot, Backes, Brauwer, and Ott are gone?? Dude....that was the heart of this team....there is barely a pulse now.

Sorry.....this ain't on the coach.

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#254362 - 01/19/17 06:39 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
So it's Hitchcock's fault that Elliot, Backes, Brauwer, and Ott are gone?? Dude....that was the heart of this team....there is barely a pulse now.

And with you it never was or will be. But wait! They had all of that heart last year and they got how far?
And you're using Steve Ott in an argument? Really? He of the lifetime season average +/- of -12? He of the 18 points (FIVE WHOLE GOALS!) in three season?
I can go back and find some of the comments you made about him if you want...

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#254364 - 01/19/17 11:25 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
Quote:

griffin said:

And with you it never was or will be. But wait! They had all of that heart last year and they got how far?
And you're using Steve Ott in an argument? Really? He of the lifetime season average +/- of -12? He of the 18 points (FIVE WHOLE GOALS!) in three season?
I can go back and find some of the comments you made about him if you want...

How far? Uh.....they were one of 4 teams still playing hockey....and they beat the #1 and #3 seeds to get there. For chrissakes, pay attention will you?

As for Ott....you won't find a single player or fan (who knows anything about hockey) that doesn't acknowledge his value to a team in the locker room and during the playoffs. Remember.....and I know you don't....he was injured for much of last season and really wasn't ready for the playoffs....but time and time again his value in the locker room was called out. Dude.....why don't you spend some time looking at how many winning clubs he's been on. I'm sure I had some disparaging remarks about his play from time to time....but we'd be a better team with him. It's not arguable.

Don't they have high school hockey at the Cow Palace where you could possibly bone up on the sport? No?....then go down to the pond at the end of your street when it freezes and watch the 10 year olds play....then come back with some interesting insight on the game. It'll be more entertaining than anything you've posted here so far.

Look......the coach is not the problem with this team.....get over it. Hitchcock will likely end up in the Hall of Fame. There will just be goofballs from cities who couldn't support a hockey team to oppose it.

griffin

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#254365 - 01/20/17 09:17 AM

You're right - Hitch can win regular season games for sure. What has winning regular season games gotten us?
And true, if you give him a team with the likes of Modano, Hull, Nieuwendyk, Lehtinen & Zubov (with Belfour between the pipes) he can even win a Stanley Cup. "Great" coaches get the best out of the players that they have on their roster. Yes this roster is lacking but do you think he's getting the best out of them? Is he getting 50% out of them? And to bring up one of your favorite things to rant on.. if you don't think the Great Hitchcock was involved, and on board with, bringing Ryan Miller in then you must be smoking with the Fastman.

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#254367 - 01/20/17 11:41 AM

I'll agree that Hitchcock can't manage goalies.....but that's a moot point this year....he doesn't have one.

Sorry dude......in the history of hockey Hitchcock will be remembered as a great coach. 8 division titles in a 20 year career and a winning percentage over .600.

Get over it.

griffin

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#254368 - 01/20/17 11:59 AM

You're right as always Griff. He's a great coach! He has won ONE Stanley Cup and ONE Conference Championship (other than the Stanley Cup season) in his 20+ year NHL head coaching career. I'll just mention too that those were 18 and 19 years ago but that isn't pertinent I'm sure. And his playoff winning percentage with the Blues is .426! If you're satisfied with results like that I will be too. At least they won't flame out in the playoffs this year because it appears they probably won't make it. And if they do make in it, they won't be there for long. But hey it's OK because we have a GREAT Coach!

--------------------

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

#254369 - 01/20/17 12:18 PM

Well, it is now the second half of January. A long as a team stays in the hunt to this point, how they play from here on out is all that matters. Many of the last 10-20 Cup winners were not #1 or #2 seeds...

That being said, this team has regressed tremendously in the last several weeks. We can speculate all day long about the reasons. The coaching set-up is odd with Yeo as the Head Coach-in-waiting. The goaltending has gone from adequate to poor (or worse). Key players seem to either have undisclosed injuries or they've just given up and are playing half-arsed. Clearly, the roster has a few holes that need filled, even if they were playing well...

I know the front office looked at this year as a crap shoot and understood it was probably going to be one step backwards to go two or three steps forward. The problem is over the last several weeks, it has been two or three steps backwards and it appears they can't seem to figure out how to get out of this funk.

Here is my suggestion for the rest of the season. Step one: Have Hitch resign and make it look like it is his idea. Give him a nice sendoff. Yeo is taking over eventually and the players know that. They can't use him like Asst. Coaches are normally used (as a buffer between the Head Coach and players). Just let him have the reigns now and start establishing the new order. Step two: Trade all players you are pretty sure you're not going to re-sign and get what you can for them. Step three: Start sending guys down or to the press box when they don't perform. Sit a guy like Steen or Perron a game or two and it will get all of the players' attention. This team needs a shake-up and it needs to be more than something minor.

In the meantime, I will continue to be a long suffering Blues fan, looking forward to next season...

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Re: 2016-2017 Saint Louis Blues [Re: sptsman]
      #254371 - 01/20/17 03:38 PM

Have Hitch resign?!?!?!?!? WHAT?? You obviously have not been paying one iota of attention!! HE'S A GREAT COACH DAMMIT!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 65 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 11490

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page