CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | >> (show all)
griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLUES [Re: last_stand]
      #255329 - 06/28/17 07:53 AM

Pay attention Webster - "quirky" is playing the easiest schedule in hockey...BY FAR....over the last 1/4 of the season. "Lucky" is what they were in getting to even the 2nd round of the playoffs.

If you need help deciphering bewteen those two words ask one of your grand kids.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLUES [Re: griffin]
      #255330 - 06/28/17 11:25 AM

Why don't you have one of your grand kids call and explain this jibberish............I don't have any and I'm sure they are used to knowing what you are really trying to say.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#255331 - 06/28/17 11:50 AM

Lemme explain THIS jibberish to you.....Berglund out until December, at least, following left shoulder surgery. I guess the Blouse had no idea before they signed him, huh?

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

#255332 - 06/28/17 12:15 PM

So.........having your #2 center who is eating up a ton of Cap room........unavailable until December, is that bad????

Maybe we can find another euro trash or friend of Putin to help out until he returns. You won't find anyone else to step up and take his plate. Too much heartless lazy bastards.........not that Beegland was doing much to begin with. Mediocre guy who doesn't score much or have many assists.........which begs to wonder why the fork did we sign him to a 3 year deal for such an average player who eats up the cap. Brilliant front office work as always.

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

last_stand

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLUES [Re: H2ODOG]
      #255333 - 06/28/17 02:09 PM

Couldn't agree more.

What else ya got?

I see the twin has joined in.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#255334 - 06/28/17 07:43 PM

LS - Armstrong has to go.....and Blouse nation needs to get behind that. I don't know who the replacement might be, but this guy is going to do nothing to move this team toward a competitive drive for the Cup.....he's got himself boxed in with these heartless lumps. The house needs cleaned and it has to start with him.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#255335 - 06/29/17 05:02 AM

Go back and read my posts. The Stasny and Lehtera contracts have been at best non starters and now he has re upped Steen and Berglund for more of the same from them. Hes had what 7 years now and he is going on his second "core" to work on while he keeps resigning his first core guys who did not lead or produce true contending hockey when it really counted.

And he has failed to land a scoring center in that entire time.

I am actually fine with Berglund getting hurt. We have better guys waiting to get a shot. That's how bad that contract was imo.

But I'm not walking because of Doug Armstrong. This franchise has had far worse gm's and trades and signings than with him and even you stuck through that crap when it happened.

Get over the 3 or 4 players you don't like. Or, do what you want. But this team has plenty of heart and talent elsewhere on the roster to cheer on for me.

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

#255336 - 06/29/17 08:17 AM

And now Mr. Griffin with the rebuttal:
(we need an eating popcorn smilie)

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

HAUS
member for now

Loc: Paradise

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLUES [Re: IIFID]
      #255337 - 06/29/17 08:33 AM

--------------------
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day..

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLUES [Re: HAUS]
      #255338 - 06/29/17 09:19 AM

This is actually more like old time rasslin'..
"And now GRIFFIN tags in The Dog while they have Last Stand on the ropes..."

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

HAUS
member for now

Loc: Paradise

#255339 - 06/29/17 09:25 AM

2 dudes, who are both fans of the same team, arguing with each other about their individual level of support for said team..

you can't make this chit up..

--------------------
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day..

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLUES [Re: HAUS]
      #255340 - 06/29/17 11:06 AM

[IMG]http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t156/moh2odog/IMG_0985_zpszikontur.jpeg[/IMG]

Just in case you kool-aid drinking mofo's wanna know how the 2017-2018 turns out. Here is your preview.

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#255342 - 06/29/17 12:06 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Go back and read my posts. The Stasny and Lehtera contracts have been at best non starters and now he has re upped Steen and Berglund for more of the same from them. Hes had what 7 years now and he is going on his second "core" to work on while he keeps resigning his first core guys who did not lead or produce true contending hockey when it really counted.

And he has failed to land a scoring center in that entire time.

I am actually fine with Berglund getting hurt. We have better guys waiting to get a shot. That's how bad that contract was imo.

But I'm not walking because of Doug Armstrong. This franchise has had far worse gm's and trades and signings than with him and even you stuck through that crap when it happened.

Get over the 3 or 4 players you don't like. Or, do what you want. But this team has plenty of heart and talent elsewhere on the roster to cheer on for me.

Where is the heart on this roster?? WHERE?? Tarasenko? Petrangelo? Are you serious? Both fold under playoff pressure and need a true team leader to help them through......they surely can't lead anyone else. Steen, Statsny, Lehtera, Berglund, Bouwmeester.....this group needs to get the fork out of here. And Petrangelo needs toi have the C given to someone who can LEAD.

Hell, you and Andy post the same crap year after year....."if these guys will just step up we can contend for a cup"......THEY ARE NOT GOING TO STEP UP FOR CHRISSAKES!!!!!! Keeping them just perpetuates more of the same and poisons players who might develop into something better. Thank god that forking Perron is gone.....more poison.

And trading Reaves while holding on to that group of losers is an absolute joke. Fork Armstrong!! I walk until he's gone.

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#255343 - 06/29/17 01:25 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsD1p1O31OM

--------------------

last_stand

#255345 - 06/29/17 03:43 PM

OK so get over the 10 guys you don't like. bwaaaaaaaaaa

And the gm.

How 'bout towel guy.......let's dump him too while we're at it.

We just ain't going to agree in the end.......but I am pretty sure I agree with maybe 70% of your comments.

The other 30% gives me a head ache.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

last_stand

#255346 - 06/29/17 03:47 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
This is actually more like old time rasslin'..
"And now GRIFFIN tags in The Dog while they have Last Stand on the ropes..."

Moe Larry cheese.......Moe Larry cheese.........bwaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#255347 - 06/29/17 09:22 PM

I like towel guy.....and he's got a hell of a reserved parking spot down there. BTW - he's pretty fed up too.

--------------------

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

#255348 - 06/30/17 08:57 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
I like towel guy.....and he's got a hell of a reserved parking spot down there. BTW - he's pretty fed up too.

Towel guy is a f'ing dork. I cringe every time I see that goofball get up and do his thing...

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

last_stand

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLUES [Re: sptsman]
      #255350 - 06/30/17 05:40 PM

Pretty sure griff is losing it.

He likes towel guy.

Loves his parking spot.

Hates the Blues.

The boy has had it after 50 years. The jibberish is winning out in his mind........No Cup No Blues. His twin is in full support, egging him on all the way.

This is a sad day to lose a 50 year guy. I've done what I can to keep him in the fold and hold on to what is dear.....but alas.... he .....he's....like a millenial now. Win or nothin.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#255359 - 07/02/17 12:38 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:

He likes towel guy.

Loves his parking spot.

Hates the Blues.

The boy has had it after 50 years. The jibberish is winning out in his mind........No Cup No Blues. His twin is in full support, egging him on all the way.

This is a sad day to lose a 50 year guy. I've done what I can to keep him in the fold and hold on to what is dear.....but alas.... he .....he's....like a millenial now. Win or nothin.

Nah.........compete or nothing. I'm not asking for anything more than the best that Blue's fans money can buy considering the absolute support they have received for the past 50 years. This team is heading backwards, and I'm simply NOT going on that ride. But have fun (backwards is something you can keep up with I think)......they certainly need all the Homers they can get right now.

And yeah man, Towel man has the best parking spot in the entire area....if I was going to games anymore it'd be great to have.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#255362 - 07/02/17 05:50 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

last_stand said:

He likes towel guy.

Loves his parking spot.

Hates the Blues.

Nah.........compete or nothing. I'm not asking for anything more than the best that Blue's fans money can buy considering the absolute support they have received for the past 50 years. This team is heading backwards, and I'm simply NOT going on that ride. But have fun (backwards is something you can keep up with I think)......they certainly need all the Homers they can get right now.

And yeah man, Towel man has the best parking spot in the entire area....if I was going to games anymore it'd be great to have.

griffin

The few games I go to I use that garage on Chestnut............$5.00, not jammed and a 6-7 minute walk tops. Walks are good. Don't know why people freak out with that. I know joggers and bicyclists that will do anything to cram into a close parking spot. bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

We'll see what happens. We should be better than last year. We should be a pretty dang good team actually. I hope to see one or two rooks contribute too. I will be pulling for the minor miracle once again, just like the other 50 years.

It's what we do.

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#255365 - 07/02/17 07:31 PM

The blues signed two FA right wingers but didn't lose anyone on the FA market.. yet.. Maybe Griff is right and they don't have anyone that other teams want..

Shattenkirk turned out to be a very short-term rental for the Caps...

--------------------

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

#255377 - 07/04/17 06:54 AM

Armstrong landed Thorburn to replace the "muscle" of Reaves. Pretty solid move. Trying to think if what else DA could have done better this off-season. So far he's grading out at and A or B+. Almost making up for the disastrous Berglund signing...

Blues finish #1 or #2 in the Division and in the top 5 of the Western Conference. Should make the Conference Finals and could be in and win the Cup this year.

Go Blue!!

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

last_stand

Re: 2017-2018 STL BLUES [Re: sptsman]
      #255378 - 07/04/17 08:26 AM

Quote:

sptsman said:
Armstrong landed Thorburn to replace the "muscle" of Reaves. Pretty solid move. Trying to think if what else DA could have done better this off-season. So far he's grading out at and A or B+. Almost making up for the disastrous Berglund signing...

Blues finish #1 or #2 in the Division and in the top 5 of the Western Conference. Should make the Conference Finals and could be in and win the Cup this year.

Go Blue!!

Good God man.

We just had 5 minutes of peace and quiet.

Could you not have waited?

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#255379 - 07/04/17 08:41 AM

I gotta admit it's gonna be fun having a washed-up enforcer, who has never been a part of a winning program, that the players call Thorbs. Those 4 playoff games he's appeared in during his 12 year career will really come in handy at crunch time.

griffin

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 187 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 15994

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page