CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: 1
dabsAdministrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: New Money, USA

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
Well....
      #256342 - 11/22/17 01:00 PM

...been a busy Summer and Fall around our house. Many of you might have seen this on other media outlets we are friends on - but figured I would put it here as well.

After months of looking, visits and deciding what the youngest boy thought would be in his best interest...he has committed to play baseball at the Junior College level.

We had talked with three Division 1 Schools in the Midwest who were all following him but he decided early on he really didn't want to go to a 4 year school. He wants to go where he would have the best opportunity to play from the time he steps on the field to get the most development he can. Many four year schools recruit from the JuCo level and transfer kids in their Junior year right into a starting playing position.

It was pretty interesting to be on the journey with him. We put thousands of miles on the vehicle visiting schools that contacted him. I was surprised with how many top 20 teams are in the Midwest.

In the end, he had nine different offers - three of them from top 12 nationally ranked schools last year.

He will be a Crowder Roughrider in Neosho, MO next year. They finished last year ranked #3 in the Nation in Division 1 Junior College rankings and made their second trip to the NJCAA World Series in the last seven years.

They are also no stranger to the Cafe. Our own Haus is an alumni of the team and has given some really good advice along the journey...thanks Todd for your input. The Assistant Coach in charge of recruiting (which handed off the recruitment to the Head Coach on this matter because he didn't want to be involved as we know each other personally) is the son of OYD. OYD even made a clandestine scouting venture in Springfield one hot day last Summer.

Looking forward to seeing what the next few years has in store for this kid...he has really taken it seriously the last year or so and it shows on the field.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

Re: Well.... [Re: dabs]
      #256343 - 11/22/17 02:08 PM

Congrats to both of you Dabs.....must be really proud!

Pretty cool Todd was of help with that school connection too......best of luck to your boy!

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Loc: Lemmingstan

Re: Well.... [Re: last_stand]
      #256344 - 11/22/17 05:56 PM

Proud of Bryce! He has come a long way from the little kid hunkered down on a mud island.

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

Re: Well.... [Re: Bubba]
      #256345 - 11/23/17 12:09 PM

Congrats to Bryce and all of the Dye family!

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: Well.... [Re: IIFID]
      #256347 - 11/23/17 01:17 PM

Awesome! Keep it going!

Scott

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

#256351 - 11/25/17 06:50 AM

Congrats dabs. A proud time to be sure. I have a few buddies that played there and all of them went on to 4-year colleges to play.

Good parenting usually results in good kids...

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

HAUS
member for now

Loc: Paradise

#256367 - 11/29/17 07:49 AM

looks like I missed this..

Rick, nothing but well wishes for Bryce. like someone said earlier, he's a by-product of great parenting.

i'm a bit of homer when it comes to CC, but it's because they're legit. awesome graduation rate from their athletes, they get guys drafted every year, guys go on to D1 schools and they always put a team on the field that will compete at the top of the national rankings. I have nothing but positive words about the pgm and how it's impacted my life. I'm 24 yrs removed and it's still a part of my daily life. Lessons I learned there are used in my daily work and also in how I raise my kids. The experience was priceless and thus I give back as much as I can.

Juco ball sometimes gets a bad rep because people think that only the less talented players go there, but that's not true. Lots of guys, who have D1 talent, go there so that they're not locked in to playing 3 years before being eligible for the draft. Bryce Harper is the most famous, recent one. Who knows, maybe Bryce D. will make it to the show as well..

Anyway, very excited for Bryce, Rick & family. Welcome to the Roughrider family!

--------------------
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day..

MelModerator

Loc: Excelsior Springs, MO

Re: Well.... [Re: HAUS]
      #256550 - 01/04/18 03:39 PM

Just finally got around to catching up on everything. Bryce will do just fine there. He's great young man. You did well raising him Rick.

--------------------
Member DU, Delta

Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names - John Kennedy

MB2

#260258 - 08/31/19 10:58 PM

Belated congratulations.

How is this going now?

Pages: 1

Extra information
15 registered and 171 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 528

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page