FowlMouth
(King Deano)
03/21/13 03:46 PM
Frog Lube

Just picked up a kit from a dude at work. Looks like this http://compare.ebay.com/like/170989013182?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

Wife complains when I clean with BreakFree or Hoppes. This stuff smells like foots or Mel, you know that alluring aroma of Ben Gay, cigarettes, cheap liquor and strippers. Well, at least the Ben Gay.

Instructions are to degrease the gun (will use ultrasonic cleaner with Simple Green), dry it off, warm it up with a heat gun then brush on the paste. Let it set for an hour then wipe it down the the microfiber cloth.

Supposed to make clean up easier. Will try it on a couple of .22's this weekend to see if it keeps the gunk from building up.

Updates to follow

halfasmuch
(action hero)
03/21/13 05:00 PM
Re: Frog Lube

maybe you should try it on Foots...

foots
(the exterminator)
03/22/13 01:15 AM

Quote:

halfasmuch said:
maybe you should try it on Foots...

Yeah Deano.........come wipe me down.

FowlMouth
(King Deano)
03/22/13 01:06 PM

Foots...that could happen as long as some one is holding a gun on one of us....just saying

foots
(the exterminator)
03/22/13 01:52 PM

Burrhead
(member)
03/24/13 01:43 PM

Dean - Had you tried Gunzilla before getting the Frog Lube? I got some about 4-5 years ago and have not looked back since. Good stuff.

FowlMouth
(King Deano)
03/25/13 02:16 PM

Gunzilla doesn't have quite the same kind of sexual undertones that Frog Lube does....I had to follow my natural instincts on this one

FowlMouth
(King Deano)
03/25/13 02:21 PM

still have not got to try it...put together an Advantage Arms .22 conversion kit upper and mags on a Lone Wolf Distributing TimberWolf frame. Ran about 300 rounds through it of 36gr Federal. Maybe 10 hiccups of the fail to eject nature. Those were in the first 100 rounds. Will strip it down and run it through the untrasonic cleaner this week then Frog Lube it up. Also will do same to Glock 26. You know, for a gun that feels like crap in my hand, I can shoot the hell out if it. Groups were much better than same ammo through G17. Perplexing

halfasmuch
(action hero)
03/25/13 04:22 PM

hangovers and headaches can result in Flinching..

FowlMouth
(King Deano)
04/09/13 02:47 PM

I highly recommend FrogLube…it works so much nicer that oil and clean up after shooting Unique Powder (aka Burning Dirt) is as simple as wiping it off the included microfiber cloth. I applied it to my G26 and ran 200 reloads through it. The action was slicker than before and clean up consisted of 2 patches down the barrel and a wipe down. Just follow the application instructions about warming up the metal first. On top of everything else, it smells like mint instead of carb cleaner.

fastman
(member)
04/07/14 01:32 PM

Still froggin?????????????

daffy
(member)
10/24/15 09:16 PM

Excellent cleaner as Mr fowl mouth sez.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5