lying_in_wait
(member)
01/12/09 10:52 PM
Re: Building a .410 reloader

Yes makes me feel like I've been kicked in my gash.

Actually it's more of a nostalgic thing for me. The first gun I ever owned was a single shot Winchester 370 youth .410 Owned it even before I owned a BB gun. It was given to me at the age of 7 by a police officer after the big flood of '77. It had been one of several guns that been buried in mud and sand when his house was inundated by Rock Creek. Lots of memories attached to that gun. Like sitting out in the garage, just Dad and me, cleaning the mud out of the barrel and sanding down and refinishing the stock with Tru Oil, shooting clays with my Dad, brother, uncle and cousin at the old Pioneer gun club in Knobtown, crouching in a makeshift grass duck blind with it the first time I got to carry a "real" gun on a duck hunt. I remember the first time I ever shot it, I was such a little squirt that even though it was a youth model I couldn't quite reach the trigger so I tucked it in my arm pit. I fired that first shot and it jumped up and bloodied my nose. I still own it and it's the gun that holds the most sentiment to me. I usually put a box or two through it every year and try to rabbit hunt with it every now and again. My nephew Devin got to shoot it a couple of times at Dovestock and it was his first ever experience with shooting. He got his very own .410 for Christmas this year and lately my brother & I have been talking about trying to take him out shooting as much as we used to get to go when we were his age.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5