lying_in_wait
(member)
01/21/09 03:40 PM
Re: Pics of my hand set

Well so far I've only disassembled some factory rounds and reloaded the components into spent hulls of the same manufacture. I have not shot them but don't expect them to be any different than factory ammo because they are. Other than that I have just been filling cases with shot only so I can hone my roll crimping technique.

I've got some shot and powder on hand and have some hulls and three kinds of wads on order. While I'm waiting I've been studying load data. I know that many .410 recipes call for H110 but I am going to try some Lil'Gun recipes simply because I already have plenty of it on hand (it's what I use in my .22 Hornet). Hopefully I'll have some loads ready to test in a couple of weeks.

In the mean time I have started converting the Lee Load All to .410. I have already fabricated a new carrier that fits nicely and cycles smoothly. I've got the sizing bushing made also. I still need to turn the components of each station on my lathe and then fabricate new shot and powder bushings. I think it will work, but we'll see I guess.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5