Ozark
(member)
02/24/09 02:25 AM
Re: I'm Not Racist. I Hate Everyone

Quote:

SwampFox said:
And they look serious!

They need to chill out. Back in Africa, folks know how to work these things out.

EL OBEID, SUDAN, 13 May 2008 (IRIN) - Several hundred kilometres from the simmering conflicts between pastoralists and farmers [over natural resources] in Sudan's Darfur region, the two communities in the village of Gereigikh in North Kordofan State have learnt to cool the tension with watermelons.

"Our farmers discovered that whenever the Kawahla tribe [traditionally pastoral] brought their livestock into the fields, the animal droppings helped improve watermelon production, so the members of the Gawamha [traditionally farmers] started inviting the Kawahla to bring their livestock to the field," recalled Ad-Dukhri Al-Sayed, a community leader in Gereigikh, about 100km northeast of the state capital, El Obeid. "The situation has improved so much. Now everyone lives in peace, we never have problems."

Ya just can't make this stuff up, and no wonder those dummies are usually starving. Yep, that's what I'd grow when my kids are hungry - watermelons.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5