SwampFox
(member)
02/04/11 06:19 AM
Re: Heaven And Hell

So, this old pilot dies and goes to heaven and is met at the pearly gates by St. Peter.

"Ah, so you were a pilot," says St. Peter. "Follow me."

St. Peter takes the pilot to a beautiful celestial airport with perfect, smooth runways and hangar after hangar filled with the most wonderful aircraft ever made.

"Fly anything you want. Fuel is no issue, they don't ever run out."

Then he takes him over to a classy little joint at the FBO and brings him inside. There's a buffet with the best food he's ever seen and a fully-stocked open bar with nothing but top shelf liquor. Sitting around the tables are some of the most famous pilots who ever lived. St. Peter introduces him to a few and sits down to have a drink with him.

"Man! This really is heaven?" asks the pilot. "Certainly not what I was expecting -- this is wonderful!"

St. Peter just smiles and nods and pours him another drink.

After sitting and drinking and reveling in it all for awhile, the pilot recognizes an old, familiar sensation.

Tentatively he asks, "Ummmmm, St. Peter? I sure wasn't expecting it with this here brand-new heavenly body, but I do believe I need to go find a rest room to -- uhhh -- go relieve myself. But I don't see any of the usual signs on doors -- where should I go?"

"Oh, no problem," says St. Peter. "Just follow me."

St. Peter takes him out back and shows him to the edge of a little hole in a cloud.

"Just go right there."

The pilot walks over to the hole in the cloud and looks down over the edge.

"Uh, St. Peter? There appears to be some people down there... "

"Oh that's OK", says the wise old Saint. "They're all from the FAA."

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5