Ozark
(member)
03/09/11 09:34 PM
Twitchet

Thanks for posting that. I sent the link to Paddy's Sick Note to most everyone I know.

P. Diddy (Paul Dallas) has me reading a book about the Ozarks - "Home Grown Stories & Home Fried Lies" by Mitch Jayne. If you want to read something that's fun all the way through, I'd recommend that you get it. Here's a typical story from the book:

Old Man Wickard's Story about how he married Myrtle.

Old man Wickard was a neighbor of mine during one of the few times I lived in town and he had this nice wife Myrtle who looked like everybody's grandma.

"Well, I was runnin' moonshine whiskey, over in Indiany" he told me one night, "and me and this other feller had took a couple of girls along for the company. Had a trunk load of Kentucky whiskey and was taking it to Terry-Haute, you see. Had to keep to the back roads dodging the laws and never went near no towns or nothing.

Well, we was having a big old time drinking, you know, filling those girls up with big lies and moonshine and finally we had to stop because all of us had to pee. Well, the other girl she went over to the ditch and squatted, but Myrtle, my girl, she just stood up there with us two men, just like a little rooster, you know.

I says 'Myrtle what are you a-doing?' and she jist reached down and grabbed hold of her twitchet some way and kind of corked her leg up and p!ssed plumb over three strands of bob wire fence. I'd never seen anything like it in my life. So then we went on to Terry-Haute and got married."

The author says he was never able to look at Myrtle quite the same way again.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5