Mac
(Birding Moderator)
04/30/08 06:34 PM
LX300 Series John Deere Lawn Tractors

Last year when I sold my house the buyer also wanted my LT155 JD lawn tractor. Given folks were auctioning off houses as they weren't selling, I elected to let it go.

Yesterday I tool delivery of a new LX304 and my friends it is light years ahead of my old one! It has 4-wheel steering that reduces the turning radius from 28" to 16", which means less time/distance for making turns. This translates into less of an area for turning one has to first mow on the perimeter.

Other aspects I especially liked was how it handled while making tight turns on slopes. The back wheels are always in the best position to maintain traction. sorta like the old 3-wheelers in that one would lean their weight the opposite way one turned. It is the same with this unit, and it REALLY makes a big difference as cnventional lawn tractors invariably spin out doing this manuveur.

Also like the controls for engaging the blade - just a push of a button is all it takes. Also the unit has cruise control so one can take their foot off the hydrostatic pedal. Finally, the seat is way more comfortable than the older units.

I did my yard in 2 hours versus the normal 3 hours+. If ya gotta mow the yard, might as well do it efficently and in as much comfort as one can.

I should buy some John Deere stock. This thang is the bomb!!!

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5