Ozark
(member)
09/17/07 05:27 PM
Re: Clinton Health Plan and crappy looking '08 slate

Yep, and in looking at it backwards - from the point of view of the health care industry - how in the WORLD could I get into a business where the government mandates that every American has to buy insurance to pay MY outrageous fees? What a racket!

A personal anecdote, and I know everyone's got 'em:

My Mom died this summer at age 93. She had been in a nursing home here in Ozark for a year. She got pneumonia and was transported by ambulance to a hospital in Springfield. It was a one-way 15 mile trip with no care needed from the paramedics, they just gave her a ride up there.

I handled her affairs, and when the bill came from the hospital ambulance company it was for $427.75. I called them and gave them her Medicare, Medicaid, and private health insurance information. They then billed the government and her insurance for $859.45!

A month later she got a bill that said the various insurances had paid $627.00 for the ambulance ride ($200 more than their original bill) and she still had to pay another $232.45. I called the ambulance service and told them she'd died, and they said "OK, they'd write it off".

Health care is a RACKET in this country - and if you think it's expensive now, just wait until the government's running it!

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5