old lodge skins
(member)
10/11/07 05:03 AM
Re: Ethanol, again.

HB even though it seems that our beliefs on this ethanol issue are contradictory I respect your willingness to look fairly at the issue. If you average out what the 'pros' offer with what the 'cons' have to say, the economics still look pretty poor.
I dropped out of college with a mere 92 credit hours. I was an insulator/asbestos worker. I worked the most in coal fired power generation but quite a bit in other industries.
I think that ethanol is good as a gasoline additive at this point, but corn ethanol is not a viable substitute for gasoline.......yet. I am intrigued with the concept of Hydrogen as an internal combustion engine fuel, but I do not know enough about the subject to feel entitled to an opinion. I think that what Caseys is doing has more to do with making points with the Ag folks than anything else.
What I am familiar with is Caseys labeling gasohol as "Premium" yet selling it for the same or slightly less than regular unleaded. I have no reason to doubt the science of awarding the gasohol the extra two or three octane points. I do, however suspect that the average American driver still does not realize that he probably gets no benefit from a couple more octane points.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5