sptsman
(member)
10/12/07 04:49 PM
Re: Ethanol, again.

Quote:

Liberty said:
Bio-diesel ain't a bad proposition, I like the work done by that grad student last year that was turning logs into bio-fuel.

Sometimes I feel like I'm in a time warp or a bad dream, where people keep walking into walls and aren't smart enough to stop and look for a door. Bio-fuels are great for the feel-good liberals, wacko environmentalists and businessmen, that are willing to take advantage of the aforementioned groups, as well as the gullible. But, I repeat, they have no viability as cost effective sustainable alternative to even 1% of our energy needs. You don't even have to look into the science of it. Any 8th grader can figure out the economics and see it will not work. (I reserve the right to change this position if we find a way to produce several hundred time the amount of corn we now produce at substantially lower costs )

Nuclear, Hydroelectric, Wind, Coal and the like are all fine. They aren't the best but each can take a little piece of the need and fulfill it. What makes these different from bio-fuels is the fact that none of them require the excessive use of our food source to make a difference.

If you look at the economics of bio-fuels and stay on that bandwagon, you are hopeles. Go fight a windmill, because you are in fact dreaming the impossible dream...

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5