griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
07/24/10 02:19 AM
Re: What crazy ass chit are you apocalyptic about these days

Quote:

Ozark said:
If we continue to allow unlimited, uncontrolled immigration that's what's going to happen here.

Yes, we HAVE to have controls....that's why we have laws...this ain't hard stuff.

I believe the "unlimited" part takes care of itself. There is a number out there, I have no idea what it is, where the scale tips to the side of NOT being a great place to immigrate to.

We HAVE to allow people to come here for a better life....it's what keeps us moving forward and improving. We just have to make it done legally so that there is some control. Not necessarily control of the numbers, but control of where and how.

When it's done legally it works perfectly.

Case in point....the federal govt. sent the Bosnians to St. Louis. We are now into the second generation...they are moving into the suburbs....and they are produtive, hard working, and learning our language and culture. They are now Police Officers, firefighters, electricians, bricklayers, etc......for the most part their parents don't have much....except a dream of a better life for their children...a dream that is coming true the "old fashion" way.

Again.....I will ALWAYS fall on the side of immigrants looking to improve their lot in life....it can still be done here...that's why we remain the leader of the free world.

griffin

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5