Ozark
(member)
08/01/12 01:29 PM
Re: Woul you do this? actually vote Donkey in the Primary?

I've never voted for a Dem in my life and I never will. If I did, I'm afraid both of my grandpas and my dad would raise right up out of their graves and, well, it wouldn't be good.

The problem is, even if you like an individual Democrat politician, there's the party connection. They get in office and then they're beholden to the Democrat party, so they have to vote a certain way, hire certain people, throw some pork to certain backers, etc. So, even if your Democrat friend is a good guy personally, putting him in office makes his party stronger and the party is evil and working hard against everything you believe in. A vote for your friend helps Obama, Pelosi, et al. Yup.

I had a Democrat politician friend in CA and I was a partner in a printing business at the time. Through a couple of elections we did his campaign printing (and got paid well for it), attended his parties and drank his booze. I'm sure he thought I was voting for him but both times I voted for his Republican opponent and just didn't mention that part to him.

Nope. Don't do it.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5