sptsman
(member)
02/27/15 02:29 PM
Re: Jeb Bush

I never understood the folks that voted for 3rd party candidates as some sign of protest. The practical reality of a GOP'er that votes for a 3rd party is a vote for the Dems. The same is true for the Dems. If one of them votes 3rd party because they dislike Hillary, it the equivalent of a GOP vote.

I get the frustration and I get the "protest" part of it but it seems sort of childish to ignore the practical reality. What I always ask myself is this: Of the two major party candidates, who is the better one to have as President (or who is the lesser of the two evils, if you prefer). There is ZERO chance a 3rd party candidate is getting elected. Voting for them is like going to the racetrack and betting on the horse with a broken leg or more accurately, betting on a horse that isn't even in the race...

All of that being said, you would really prefer to have Hillary in office over Jeb Bush? I hope so, because that is what you would be voting "FOR".

I am hoping Scott Walker wins the nomination. If not him, some other, young, feisty conservative. A young Reagan, so to speak... I am doubtful that will happen just based of the sad state of the GOP.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5