Ozark
(member)
04/02/16 05:00 AM
Re: Trump is getting so screwed...

Trump is saying things a lot of fed-up people want to hear. Heck, he's saying some things I want to hear!

I'll vote for whatever Republican runs against Hillary of course, but I've got some real reservations about Trump. For one thing, he's the front-runner only because there are still multiple candidates for the nomination. Six out of ten Republicans are against him and he won't pick up many Democrat votes in the fall either. Hillary is a poor, weak candidate - Dems don't even like her much, but Trump is the guy who can get her elected whether he gets the nomination or not.

I don't trust Trump. He's a rich New Yorker who's never shown much sign of being a conservative. I've got a bad feeling that with his big ego he's doing this for a lark - saying what the "hicks" want to hear to mess up the Republicans and throw the election to Hillary, weak and unlikable as she is. To cinch it for her, he'll probably run as an independent after he fails to get the Rep nomination.

I think he's like Carroll O'Connor, about the most liberal lefty actor in Hollywood - but when he was playing Archie Bunker and making fun of conservatives I liked most everything "Archie" had to say. I'm afraid that's Trump, and I wonder if the Democrats aren't behind his running - a big ol' Trump-bomb for the Republicans.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5