wuchangAdministrator
(spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World)
09/29/19 05:36 PM
sweet tap dancing Cardinals

Geez---

last regular season game and they still haven't clinched the Central

They owe the Rockies big time

last_stand
(the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar)
09/29/19 09:01 PM
Re: sweet tap dancing Cardinals

Quote:

wuchang said:
Geez---

last regular season game and they still haven't clinched the Central

They owe the Rockies big time

Went to bed and checked the scores and saw Brewers up by one with 2 out in ninth and rox'ys on their last leg.

You got it right...big time thank you to the west.

9-0 now....and I'm still not convinced.

bwaaaaaaaaa

wuchangAdministrator
09/29/19 09:50 PM

Like Jack Buck said

I don’t believe what I just saw

NL Central Champs and won it at home

wuchangAdministrator
09/29/19 11:26 PM

and the pix on the mound

priceless

fish
(senior member - literally)
09/30/19 02:10 AM

October Reign !!!

HAUS
(member for now)
09/30/19 01:49 PM

the hilliard kid that tied it up for the rox, played down here at crowder in 2014. it's been fun to watch him move up the minors and finally make the show a couple of weeks ago and it was especially nice to see him help the birds out..

H2ODOG
(the one who never tires)
09/30/19 09:32 PM

Who would have thought the Cardinals would go from leading the majors in errors one year to having the fewest errors a year later. Best ERA since the Break and best 2nd half récord in the NL. Flaherty is lights out. One is the best all time 2nd half pitching performances. Will see if they can continue the pace. The bullpen worries the fork out of me

wuchangAdministrator
09/30/19 10:03 PM

They didn't do well against Bubba's Braves during the regular season

but

It is the play offs and hopefully they get a new shipment of pixie dust and end up in the NLCS and then to the WS

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
10/01/19 04:38 AM

Allow me to help this club out.....

This team is going nowhere. They can't hit and they've got NO heart. They'll be lucky to win 2 games against the Braves.

Carry on.

wuchangAdministrator
10/01/19 11:53 AM

Quote:

griffin said:

This team is going nowhere. They can't hit and they've got NO heart. They'll be lucky to win 2 games against the Braves.

Carry on.

That settles it

I’m buying WS tickets

H2ODOG
10/01/19 01:32 PM

Quote:

wuchang said:
Quote:

griffin said:

Carry on.

That settles it

I’m buying WS tickets

EXACTLY!!!!!!

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
10/01/19 06:00 PM

Fowler, Goldschmidt, Ozuna, and DeJong all hit UNDER .150 the last 2 weeks of the season..... you know, the two that mattered most. The #4 cleanup man is hitting less than .225 RISP. No, just no.

Yes, this team is poised for a BIG playoff run.

griffin

last_stand
10/01/19 11:29 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
Fowler, Goldschmidt, Ozuna, and DeJong all hit UNDER .150 the last 2 weeks of the season..... you know, the two that mattered most. The #4 cleanup man is hitting less than .225 RISP. No, just no.

Yes, this team is poised for a BIG playoff run.

griffin

Don't go all gomer on me.

It's .200, not .150.

And none of them belong there, there's that.

They don't call me homer for nothing. The pitching and pen are play off caliber. The DEFENSE is something I can now enjoy baseball for. And while all too right about the 4-7 slot, they might just break out and find their game.

Astro's, Dodgers, Yanks. Fork them all I will root for none of them.

But for now, round one, I can see a faint light just off that horizon.

One series at a time bro.

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
10/02/19 02:11 AM

Look dammit, I'm trying to help this team out so back off. Flaherty is probably the best in baseball right now. Hudson is a head case. Wainwright was throwing taters his last time out. The pen looks tired. Nobody on that team can hit a slider except Molina and the kid.

It's over.

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
10/02/19 03:02 AM

And another thing....

I need someone in a Volvo tractor trailer to drive through the purple smoke and hit Matthew Mccaunahey head on in his Lincoln.

Thank you.

griffin

wuchangAdministrator
10/02/19 10:48 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
And another thing....

I need someone in a Volvo tractor trailer to drive through the purple smoke and hit Matthew Mccaunahey head on in his Lincoln.

Thank you.

griffin

While it is only the second day of the month.....

some how I think this has best post of the month already sewn up......

If not in phrasing then in sentiment

sptsman
(member)
10/02/19 02:29 PM

Cards in 4 or 5.

I predict the Braves see Bader spin his bat, adjust his gloves and bring his .200 BA and his .020 BA with RISP to the plate and they just melt. And once they see his choreographed celebrations with his teammates, they'll really back down... Do the Braves even have a talent like him? I think not!!

Here's t hoping for a small miracle and the Cards somehow get past a clearly better team. I would say the only hope they have is the starting pitching doing a stellar job. I think JF can and will. After that it is a crap shoot. Anybody's guess which version of Hudson and Mikolas show up. The offense is so unpredictable, I hesitate to even try to guess what we'll see. Time to just sit back and watch...

last_stand
10/04/19 11:07 AM

Crazy game. Crazy Carlos.

Monster road win. All team. JF goes today, not sure you can ask for a better series set up for Saint Louis.

H2ODOG
10/04/19 04:21 PM

Lots of nerves for them last night. 2 errors when they don’t commit many. Goldschmidt and Ozuna came through when they needed to. Martinez is worse than Izzy. Dude is lights out or a basket case, but more of a basket case than anything. Flaherty goes today, and would be great going home 2-0. They never hit well when he pitches. It’s like they know we only need a couple runs. Waino and Hudson at home if we get there 2-0. I like our chances with that

sptsman
(member)
10/04/19 06:24 PM

Martinez is simply not a closer. But I guess he's all we have at this point.

The game today is the Cards to lose. If JF is even close to what he is capable of, he should be able to go 6 or 7 and hold them to no more than a few runs. I guess this is where we see what he is made of. The offense needs to continue what they did in the late innings last night. I can't imagine they won't cleanup the defense. Hopefully that was just the first game jitters...

You also have to wonder if there isn't a little sumptin'-sumptin' going on the Brave clubhouse with Acuna's antics last night. He is a stud but he clearly pissed off the Manager and a few of the vets on the team.

Go Cards

H2ODOG
10/05/19 05:43 PM

It was great to see the Redbirds give their regular max effort on Offense when Flaherty is pitching. ZERO runs. They usually get 1 run of support for him, so they were just slightly off pace.

The Braves starting pitcher was like 0-8 with a 7.50 ERA against STL and was 2-9 with 8.00+ ERA in his last 12 starts.......or something like that. Good to see us turning him into Bud Norris or Cy Young. Batting .375 to start the game on Offense for STL.........and I bet its back to .250

SMH

wuchangAdministrator
10/05/19 06:04 PM

lot of swings and misses

and next time those yahoos announcing do a game, I'm hitting mute

Not sure who is worse them or the ESPN crew

to really put it in perspective I'd rather hear Ricky blab about all the nonsense he comes up with LOL

H2ODOG
10/05/19 06:38 PM

DeJong looked AMAZING on 2 straight breaking ball in the dirt. 3 pitches 3 strikes. Reminded me of farm Holliday. Swinging at chit in the dirt.

dabsAdministrator
()
10/07/19 12:36 AM

Back to you Bubba!

wuchangAdministrator
10/07/19 02:10 AM

Looks like the Cards ran out of pixie dust

sptsman
(member)
10/07/19 12:55 PM

Is it true that the Braves gave the game ball to Shildt after the game, as big thank you? If not, they should have. And there really needs to be an investigation into his finances to see who is paying him to throw that game. I don't think Matheny was even that stupid in the playoffs. For being such a solid Manager most of the year that was some of the worst decision making I've ever seen by a big league Manager in my lifetime.

Slim odds of winning two in a row but stranger things have happened...

H2ODOG
10/07/19 01:22 PM

Starting pitchers ERA for STL.....
19.2 IP, 4 ER, 1.83 ERA

Carlos “I’m good for at least 2” Martinez
2.1 IP. 6ER. 23.14 ERA

Bader reminded me of Wong getting picked off. A 50 year old man gives you nearly 8 innings of shutout baseball and keeps you in the game....and the offense manages 1 hit through 7 innings. Classic Jeckle and Hyde STL offense. Fowler is still a Cub and needs to just go away. DeJong is lost at the plate. Ozuna has finally found a way to hit the ball, but no one else can. Edman has fallen off his wagon. Should be 2-1 good guys, instead Martinez forks it up. Galegos was up and ready. That kid should be the closer. Has been lights out all season and the best young pickup tee have gotten in a trade. Martinez is a damn head case and shouldn’t see the files unless STL has a 10 run lead.

Mike Chit for brains said he would bring in Carlos in Game 4 in the exact same situation...........uhhhhhhh............has he watched Game 1 or 3??? Even MM wouldn’t go back with a Martinez with a one run game

wuchangAdministrator
10/07/19 11:25 PM

Schildt got away with channeling Matheny and the Birds win

I guess God likes 5 game series

H2ODOG
10/08/19 12:33 AM

Quote:

wuchang said:
Schildt got away with channeling Matheny and the Birds win

I guess God likes 5 game series

FOWLER........the former, but in his heart a CUB, is 1 for 16 when he comes up to bat in the 9th. Jose Martinez on the bench, and you let 1 for 16 Fowler bat?????? He sure looked good striking out too!!! CUBS.... I partially dislike Lou Brock for being a Cub.

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
10/08/19 12:38 AM

Quote:

dabs said:
Back to you Bubba!

Thankfully the Braves threw todays game so we can win the Division in front of our 367 fans!

Bring it!

last_stand
10/08/19 11:51 AM

Carpenter cannot be on the field come Wednesday.

Edman goes to third. Arozarena goes to right. This is your best D with your best offense, both Carpenter and Bader on the bench.

Shildt has had 1 well managed game of the four. Hard to win with this kind of sh1t going on.

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
10/08/19 04:06 PM

I think I'd rather see Edman moved to short and have DeJong forking sit along with Bader. They can both come off the bench and strike out as easily as they can be in the game.

Still, after watching Schilt put in his lunatic closer....NOT EVEN IN A SAVE SITUATION...I don't expect much thinking to come out of his head.

griffin

H2ODOG
10/08/19 09:37 PM

I’d rather see Fowler and Bader sit. Let Jose Martinez start
Sure you don’t get the best D but the Offense is needing help. Fowler can stay 1 for 17. No need to embarrass him more.

Sit Carp and play Edman.........and even sit Farmer DeJong and play Munoz. Give him a chance. Can’t be worse than we have now at the plate

H2ODOG
10/09/19 02:57 AM

I see Phambino is doing well for Tampa Bay. Should have never picked up Fowler 2 years ago. Phambino could have been used for a couple more years and it would have been good to have him in the outfield for another year or two before his eyes went to chit.

last_stand
10/09/19 02:03 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
I see Phambino is doing well for Tampa Bay. Should have never picked up Fowler 2 years ago. Phambino could have been used for a couple more years and it would have been good to have him in the outfield for another year or two before his eyes went to chit.

I recall Phambino getting trashed around here for years.

Some one even said his eyes would not hold up.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I miss that guy.

100% 24/7 player.

last_stand
10/09/19 02:07 PM

Whens Shildt putting out todays line up?

Oz-Fowler-Arizareno

Edman - Dejong - Wong - Goldy

But he won't do it.

JF has to be nails today.

wuchangAdministrator
10/09/19 05:42 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

H2ODOG said:

I recall Phambino getting trashed around here for years.

Some one even said his eyes would not hold up.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I miss that guy.

100% 24/7 player.

Just chalk it up with the rest of the predictions all of us have made in the past

I think I ran Gomer's prediction rate one time last year and it was 99.9992%

The guy has been Nostradamus up until the Cup stuff..

The rest of us are duffers.... it is what it is

H2ODOG
10/09/19 09:53 PM

Back to you Bubba.

H2ODOG
10/10/19 04:41 AM

NLCS homefield advantage. Who would have thunk it.

Kershaw

last_stand
10/10/19 11:33 AM

Bubba....is that you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbLZevuCBmg

bwaaaaaaaaaaa

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
10/10/19 03:40 PM

I know they kind of backed into this series with the Braves, and I agree that their bats are suspect, but I'm gonna say right now that I think it will be the Birds in 5.

Vegas be damned, bet it!!

griffin

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
10/11/19 05:38 PM

Your snowflake rookie was offended by the tomahawk chop.Tomahawks weren't allowed in the stadium for game 5, resulting in a curse much like the Wrigley Field goat.
So , it wasn't a real win!! Supernatural , other world issue!

AND ...Molina is a punk!

Carry on , Homers!

H2ODOG
10/14/19 03:40 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
I know they kind of backed into this series with the Braves, and I agree that their bats are suspect, but I'm gonna say right now that I think it will be the Birds in 5.

Vegas be damned, bet it!!

griffin

Just don't wait to long to predict the Nationals series. Looking like a sweep right now, the way they are hitting.

sptsman
(member)
10/14/19 01:19 PM

Schildt is proving to be Matheny-like in his post season managing style. He seems to have a loyalty to some guys the supersedes the killer instinct to win. If there aren't some changes in this game today, they will get swept.

Carpenter needs to be coming off the bench. Fowler need to take his 2 for 139 to the bench as well. Move Edman to 3rd, let Martinez play right and cross your fingers they don't hit many out there. Let Arozarena play CF and see if he can do better than Fowler's .013 BA (unless Schildt is still PO'd at him for broadcasting his cuss-fest). Unfortunately, DeJong is needed for his glove, so bat him 8th and hope he doesn't come up in critical situations. That dude could not be more lost at the plate.

Rather embarrassing that a team in the NLCS has players that can't or won't adjust their approach at the plate when it is clearly needed. The idea of choking up to make contact or staying back to take the ball the other way or just not swinging from your heels seems to not even enter their minds... I don't think I've ever advocated firing a hitting coach but I have to wonder who is giving these guys guidance...

Gotta win tonight or this series is all but over...

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
10/14/19 06:33 PM

No heart.. and not tough enough in the corners..

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
10/14/19 08:51 PM

It appears you need more batting practice!!

Molina is a thug!

The curse of the tomahawk is real!

Go Blues!

H2ODOG
10/14/19 09:15 PM

Quote:

Bubba said:
It appears you need more batting practice!!

Molina is a thug!

The curse of the tomahawk is real!

Go Blues!

Is the Braves pitching staff available for batting practice. They seemed to be pretty good at it

I thought a beat down by Wyoming was bad.........but Along came South Carolina and GA to change that. Like damn. South Carolina,??????!!????!????

Go Dawgs?????

dabsAdministrator
()
10/15/19 05:02 AM

And once again , Shildt is just one L from being Shidt

wuchangAdministrator
10/15/19 12:56 PM

Quote:

dabs said:

Another example of why we can’t have nice things

sptsman
(member)
10/15/19 12:58 PM

Quote:

dabs said:

He has lost a lot of credibility with this playoffs series. Once again, we see a Manager clinging to veteran players as if they and only they could possibly save the team from the depths they find themselves in. If he runs Fowler out there today, he will have zero credibility with any intelligent Cards fan.

I have to guess he's also gone old school with Arozarena. Broadcasting Shildt's expletive laden speech probably has him permanently on the bench for the playoffs, even if he could help. While it was a dumbarse move, Shildt needs to get over it and do what’s best for the team.

One thing is certain, he lacks the killer insticts needed to win in the playoffs. '

wuchangAdministrator
10/15/19 04:11 PM

Quote:

sptsman said:
Quote:

dabs said:

He has lost a lot of credibility with this playoffs series. Once again, we see a Manager clinging to veteran players as if they and only they could possibly save the team from the depths they find themselves in. If he runs Fowler out there today, he will have zero credibility with any intelligent Cards fan.

I have to guess he's also gone old school with Arozarena. Broadcasting Shildt's expletive laden speech probably has him permanently on the bench for the playoffs, even if he could help. While it was a dumbarse move, Shildt needs to get over it and do what’s best for the team.

One thing is certain, he lacks the killer insticts needed to win in the playoffs. '

But Andy

Dex is in a good spot per Schildt
Dex's hands feel good with his swing per Schildt

Break out the golf clubs

H2ODOG
10/15/19 04:41 PM

Quote:

wuchang said:
Quote:

sptsman said:
Quote:

dabs said:

But Andy

Dex is in a good spot per Schildt
Dex's hands feel good with his swing per Schildt

Break out the golf clubs

Apparently they are all concerned with Golf. Maddox made 2 hole in ones yesterday morning before the game. Instead of preparing for a playoff game, the pitching coach is golfing with MO.

And has anyone heard from the hitting coach. That forker went MIA in spring training. At this point Mabry would be a welcome sign back. Cardinals have a hitting coach who has 21 AB’s in 11 games in some independent league lower than Single A whale chit. He knows videos on hitting, but has no real experience in it apparently, but he is the man for the job. How bout hiring an ACTUAL BIG LEAGUE HITTER, who knows how to hit a fastball or curve. Someone with actual experience instead of a book nerd on it. FFS

last_stand
10/15/19 09:27 PM

This golf outing is pathetic in my book. Maybe it's common occurrence...is it really?.... but you can't tell me Maddox did not have better more important things to do to prepare for a forking PLAY OFF GAME.

WTF

And Hey MO...just the appearance of your 0-2 team struggling to find a base runner while you go do a round is forking BAD.

Sorry to hear about Carp on the bench though, I was hoping to see yet another one of his AB's without him swinging at a pitch.

Yes I'll watch tonight. And I would have stayed at Abe's bedside across from Fords Theater that night too just in case he mighta blinked.

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
10/15/19 10:42 PM

Yeah, but Abe could hit....or at least he could swing an ax because he cut down that cherry tree.

dabsAdministrator
()
10/15/19 11:25 PM

He could take a bullet, too!!

wuchangAdministrator
10/16/19 02:51 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:

and can't score with the bases loaded

Nats had the big broom and swept them---

only slightly worse than 2013 WS and only superseded by the 2004 WS

Fork Boston

H2ODOG
10/16/19 09:00 PM

Quote:

wuchang said:
Quote:

IIFID said:

Fork Boston

Cardinals new mascot is the possum...........because they play dead at home and get killed on the road

wuchangAdministrator
10/16/19 11:59 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Quote:

wuchang said:
Quote:

IIFID said:

Fork Boston

Cardinals new mascot is the possum...........because they play dead at home and get killed on the road

You need to trademark/ copyright that

wuchangAdministrator
10/17/19 05:41 PM

Image courtesy of H2ODOG

H2ODOG
10/17/19 05:42 PM

Quote:

wuchang said:

Thanks for adding it WU!!!!

wuchangAdministrator
10/18/19 06:58 PM

Da Nada

That's a little south of the border lingo
poquito
poco

Yeah......Very little
LOL

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
10/18/19 08:14 PM

Well if we're gonna get all multi-cultural up in hera... here is one I learnt in Ireland last week:
póg mo thóin - translated meaning "Kiss my ass" which could be very useful in correspondence in this shithole.. LOL

wuchangAdministrator
10/18/19 10:05 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
Well if we're gonna get all multi-cultural up in hera... here is one I learnt in Ireland last week:
póg mo thóin - translated meaning "Kiss my ass" which could be very useful in correspondence in this shithole.. LOL

How do they say in Ireland

You will have to mark the spot because you look like you are all ass to me?

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
10/19/19 01:45 PM

ouch

fastman
(member)
09/23/21 04:14 PM

Quote:

griffin said:

Carry on.

What ya think bout this bunch Ojibway??

HopeI don't jinx um.......butt they be lookin good!

Can Waino help um to 12 in a row this afternoon?

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5