sptsman
(member)
02/12/09 04:31 PM
Re: T.J. Oshie......

I will keep watching and rooting for them but I don't see them making the playoffs this year. Too many things out of their control for it to happen. And quite frankly, they aren't exactly taking care of business with the things that are in their control. The loss Tuesday night was inexcusable and Mason needs to show he can carry the load CONSISTENTLY!!

Here's what I want to see for the rest of the year: Keep Kariya on the shelf unless he is 100% healthy. If they rush him back, he could be damaged for good. Let him heal and be a part of the winning season next year. Unless they are within a point of two of making the playoffs, don't take chances with him. Second, trade Tkachuk for a first round draft pick or a solid young player that can grow with this team. If they want to resign Tkachuk in the off-season, so be it. It doesn't excite me but it doesn't piss me off either. I used to hate him but he has changed my opinion a bit, now that he is in shape and contributes. I just don't see him taking this team to The Cup. Third, keep playing and developing these young guys. I am very impressed with the core of young players and how they are developing.

And finally, I would give Anaheim any player and possibly any two players they wanted for Pronger. He is on the down side of his career and still one of the top 3 defensemen in the league. Considering that moving the puck out of the defensive end is still one of the weak spots for the Blues, he would be the answer. Can you imagine a defense with Proger, Erik Johnson, Polak, etc...

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5