sptsman
(member)
02/16/09 08:06 PM
Re: T.J. Oshie......

Mason has the God-given talent to take any team to The Cup. what remains to be seen is if he has what it takes, between the ears. That was the knock on him in Nashville. They saw his talents and couldn't deal with the disconnect in his game. Hopefully, Wamsley can help him get it together.

Consider that the Blues got him for a 4th round pick. It wasn't like they gave up top-tier talent for him.

Don't look for Bishop this year or even next. The soonest you'd see him as a regular would be the season after next. They say he has a lot of talent but some pretty big holes in his game. He'll get the instruction and playing time he needs in Peoria. If it all pans out, he could be something in a few years. Personally, I wouldn't bet a plug nickel on it. The dude is 6'-7" tall. I know there have been a few successful tall goalies in the NHL over the years (our own Mike Liut) but they are the exception and not the rule. Add to that fact, the reality that today's game requires more and more dexterity and flexibility and it just gets harder and harder for the tall guys. I'll put my money on this new kid, Jake Allen. Of course we won't see him for 3 years but he's the real deal. And I don't know what the deal is with Schwarz. He just doesn't seem to be able to show ANY consistency.

In the end, I also have to wonder if the netminder position will haunt them for the next few years...

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5