sptsman
(member)
03/25/09 07:42 PM
Re: T.J. Oshie......

Went to the game and sat in some primo seats. Only second game of the year for me... That sucks!! I forgot how much you miss when you watch it on TV.

Here are a few observations from the good seats:

Those kids can flat play. They have the God-given talent, the heart, desire and effort. But dayum, they make a lot of mistakes!! Out of position too often, taking chances at the wrong times, getting stuck out on the ice too long. Fortunately, they have the skill and speed to recover from most mistakes but I look at it two ways. First, if they do make the playoffs, they will likely get smoked because of the youth and inexperience. You just can't make those kinds of mistakes against teams like San Jose and Detroit. Second, think how good they can be once they learn how to play the game at the NHL level.

We are sorely lacking a puck moving defenseman. If they stumbled coming out of their own zone and in transition once, they stumbled a dozen times or more. Goof grief that is frustrating. Get Pronger.

Perron has skill but he needs to put on at least 25 lbs or learn to skate like Dennis Savard or Gretzky. That kid gets knocked off the puck to easily. Good hands and good vision though!!

Tkachuk played soft and seems to hit like he doesn't want to break the eggs under his uniform. He finally parked in front of the net in the 3rd period and we scored. He didn't get the assist on that first goal but he was as key as the others. He parked in front of the keeper, screened him and allowed the play to happen.

Oshie is going to be a great player but needs to learn when to take chances and when not to gamble. He frequently gets caught on long shifts and puts the team in jeopardy. Once he learns the NHL game, he will be on the all-star team every year!

Go Blue!!

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5