sptsman
(member)
03/25/09 08:34 PM
Re: T.J. Oshie......

Most of the mistakes are from being too aggressive. That's not all bad for talented kids. You can always tame a tiger but it can be real hard to light a fire under someone... They'll learn! It isn't the rush into the zone (at the end of a shift, when thy should have dumped and changed), it is the getting caught 15 seconds later in your own zone, with no legs, trying to help defend...

The other observation is my continued dislike for NHL officiating. Other than that buffoon Bettman, that runs the league, officiating is the weak link of the NHL. Those clowns blew at least two calls that were disgraceful. I don't mind when they miss a call. It happens. What ruins the game is when they do make-up calls or call things that just weren't there. I have officiated in at least three (3) different sports. I've been to some clinics and I have been yelled at by players, coaches and fans. One rule I was taught over and over was that you call what you see!! You don't anticipate what could happen. You don't call what you assume must have happened. You call what you see!! You can defend missing a call by simply saying, "I didn't see it..." You cannot defend a penalty that you called, when the violation never happened. These jerks last night were not the worst I've seen and I rarely defend Tkachuk ... but he got called for two penalties that were simply not penalties. One may have been marginal but the other was a hooking or tripping call that was just horrible.

Carry on!!

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5