last_stand
(the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar)
01/31/11 07:10 PM
Re: Whelp finally...

Shouldn't do it but I assume the $$ number is about right but would certainly think the length is either negotiable or if left at ten with some performance attachments. If I know Albert no one will have to tell him when he's done. He will be a year ahead of that.

I don't have the time to look it up but since last year when the Cards COULD have signed him I think A-Rod signed off on 10 yr/ 275 mil and the kid from the Lou for Philly (Ryan) is getting around 27 mil per year. Those two signings AND others has cost the Cards big time as they dawdled around with this.

Look at it this way...if they land him for the talked about price and can get a 7 or 8 year deal then he will average out at 20 mil per year or so. As outrageous as that is Arod will average 25+mil at least...so even considering Yankee value it can be justified by todays salary standards. His production has been HOF stuff from day one. Very good glove. Excellent character. Team leader guy.

The Cardinals tradition is to pay up and keep these guys and put them on the stadium wall when they retire. That is what needs to happen here. I still remember Carlton walking away over 25k or something some 40 years ago. Let me tell you there was no principle worth that stupid move.

Lastly, If AP wasn't a Cardinal all these years and he was available on the free agent market I'd be the first to understand passing on him....but this is not the case....we stole him in the draft and we've been stealing from him since.......relatively that is....and if you're a fan and should still be wondering what this guys value is then look no further than watching him batting third and parked at first base next year................................................in a cubs uniform.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5