last_stand
(the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar)
02/16/11 10:55 PM
Re: Pujols not signed...

Quote:

Paul Dallas said:
The more I think about it, by NOT signing him, all the pressure is on Albert.

And, imo, he thrives on such pressure. When has he ever wilted? If you HAD to put a grand on which kind of year he is about to have under these circumstances....a chance to shove it back at Dewitt and Mo....which way would you bet?

AP seems hellbent on going to market and finding his value. IF as reported by SI, and I think it very much in the range, The Cards went to 8/200 but it just left too much on the table AS AP SEES IT. If the guy weren't so damn bullheaded that offer would have at least spurred more chatter. Are we supposed to be as stupid as they Yankee's and make the Arod offer the end of all being? Joe Mauer just signed for 23 mil a year...hell that offer imo is a better baseline than friggen Arod.

But why didn't management at least try harder? Why the fork ONE offer? This hardly jumped up and bit them in the azz....they had YEARS to prepare for all of this...Did they inquire if AP had an interest in company vestment? Did they come back 7/200 with a plan for his later years? Personally without knowing all the team numbers I would have liked to see a 6/200...yeah OVERPAY the shorter run....with options afterward. AP could have massaged his pride and might have jumped.

But you guys might be right...they threw out the one offer and now they will gamble......again.......and will likely lose.........again.

All I know is I just DO NOT want to see that dude in a cubs uniform. I can take the rest, but not that.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5