02/05/13 01:30 AM
Re: Super Bowl Whatever

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Quote:

sptsman said:
Quote:

MissBudweiser said:
Why did San Francisco decide to throw the ball three times from the five yard line? Kaepernick was rushing for over eight yards a carry. Why stop doing that when it mattered the most?

hmmmmm??

Because the Ravens jammed up the line and basically took away the run. They gave the 49er's the opportunity to beat them with the pass. They banked on a young, inexperienced QB not being able to make split second decisions and excute, in a huge situation like that and they bet correctly. go back and look at how the Ravens played those plays. Runs would have been stuffed...

I guess a different Super Bowl was played on your TV Set. Kaepernick averaged 8.9 yards a carry......Frank Gore averaged 5.8. Delany Walker should have been out there lead blocking. The Raven D-line was beat down, and they should have pounded the ball in. It looked like David Yost was running the damn plays. Snapping 4 yards deep from the 5 yard line with a couple of players capable of getting into the end zone by running. Instead of running it with 2 timeouts left, they passed the ball with a short field to work with....something that plays into the Defense's hands. Haloti Ngata wasn't in the game. San Fran beat themselves once they got to the 5 yard line.

I was referring to Miss Bud's comments about the last 4 plays, not the whole game. Read my post and it refers to that "huge situation" and "those plays." The Ravens played those plays differently than the rest of the game. The rest of the game was a balance of trying to stop the pass, while keeping Gore and Kaepernick in check. Since it wasn't overly succesful, it was apparent that they decided they were not going to get beat on those last four plays by either of their legs. They loaded up the box, filled every gap and made Kaepernick beat them with his decision making and arm. Had they tried to run on those plays, they would not have made it back to the line of scrimmage. It was a gamble on the Ravens part and it paid off.

Where SF screwed up was not using their best end zone weapon for the corner pass, Randy Moss. They also didn't show much creativity in their plays at the end.

I give all the credit to the Raven for that stand at the end. The defensive coaches made some gutsy calls and the players executed. Sure SF didn't pull it off but it wasn;t like they were playing a JV team...

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5