last_stand
(the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar)
01/23/14 09:51 PM
Re: 2014 Saint Louis Blues - Stanley Cup Champs !

You know we are kind of screwed with the whole goalie situation.

First off DA and Hitch continue to believe in Halak......not that Elliott doesn't give them reason for that......but even their lean towards Halak is feasible because Elliott plays better as a back up.......so imo the whole thing is one big blob of grey matter.

Then they are both signed thru this year so the Blues are reluctant to send them down for the money they are making.

Neither goalie is truly attractive to other teams because of their inconsistency.

I am not convinced that the Blues are convinced that Jake Allen is the answer. I thought he played extremely well up here last year (8-3 I think...saved their bacon too) then they ship him off and I haven't seen him since....this in the midst of what I call a breakdown at this important position.

So right or wrong about this if they bring in Miller they will likely have to give up a good chunk and then Miller is a free agent after the play offs so is he a play off rental or do you now shelve Jake Allen again next year?? As I see it, if Miller comes in at a steep price we better win the Cup for that trade to be worth it's weight. OK.....Conference Champs.

Then you have to remember in order to sign and hold onto both Halak and Elliott they shipped of all things the local kid Ben Bishop off to Ottowa last season and he is now with Florida playing as one of the top goalies of the season. He was here the whole time. Right under their nose.

Not the best summary perhaps but good god this whole goalie thing has been one big mess after another. And that comes from a guy who thought Halak was the real deal when he came here.

So here we are....a very good roster BUT.........it's never that simple for the Blues.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5