sptsman
(member)
02/07/14 08:00 PM
Re: 2014 Saint Louis Blues - Stanley Cup Champs !

Quote:

griffin said:
Man, those terrible goalies of ours almost cost us a win against arguably the best team in the East.....so lucky to have pulled out yet another win behind them.

I think you miss the point completely. We all agree the both golaies are very good. The question is: Can they carry this team through the playoffs? Since they have both showed inconsistent play at times, there is some question as to whether either of them us up to the task of playing at the highest level for the duration of the playoffs. If you don't think that is a concern for this team, you have your head in the sand...

To take each win during the regular season and hold it up as some vlaidation of these netminders being compared to Glenn Hall or Patrick Roy is absurd. A team, no matter how good they are, will only go as far in the playoffs as their goalie(s) will take them. Both of ours have talent and appear to be capable. But neither of them has played more than 3 or 4 solid games in net, in a row.

When some goof says that a team can be good enough to overcome, less-than-stellar goaltending and still win the Cup, I ask them to give me one example. They can't because it has never happened. Even average netminders that have their name on the Cup somehow managed to play outstanding during the run to the Cup.

And that's all I got to say about that...

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5