last_stand
(the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar)
04/29/14 10:39 PM
Re: 2014 Saint Louis Blues - Stanley Cup Champs !

Take it to a younger core?

Let's get specific. Go thru the roster. Now who is going where?

I like the vast majority of this team. I see no problem with heart for the majority of our forwards. We do need a valid, #1 line playmaking goal scoring center. But we are at the cap, we have a lot of guys signed, so good luck with that. But no matter, that is one huge priority for this group.

I am ready to make a move on D. Just too dam soft for the playoffs. Love the transition game, and the idea behind it, but in the nhl you always need muscle when it gets down to April. Again, this is wishful thinking, but one big impact guy who can entirely alter our D.

I see these 2 big moves needed for sure. But not an over haul and not an intentional effort to "get younger" per say. We have the talent, we need the grit. We are close in many ways.

Who can go to TRY to land these guys?

Contracts aside... Berglund, Shattenkirk, Petro, Jbo, Rattie, Cole, Steen and host of others.

Sobi, Senko, Schwartz, Backes, = Untouchable. 2 of those are "youngsters".

As for the tender we remain ratforked. We need a good goalie and you have the 2 obvious choices. Elliott has been at his best as a back up and fill in. I like him in that role. But even there he might want to go or the Blues may use him to trade. That leaves Allen, a forkin rookie and basically, until proven, an unknown.

I like Armstrong and I can't blame him for moving Bishop but my gawd that ended up looking like one huge matzaball of a decision. Would he like to have a do over on that. Yes Sir he would.

And now the Miller move is on his resume as well.

Let's face it, we have not had a solid goalie in how many friggen years?

So for me we try to make a couple of big moves that might well upset the apple cart but change the missing dynamic for playoff hockey. I just don't know if DA can do it. I don't see either he or Hitch on the hot seat at this point and time but believe me they are looking hard at next year to get this team deep or they know they will be.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5