sptsman
(member)
04/30/14 07:41 PM
Re: 2014 Saint Louis Blues - Stanley Cup Champs !

I would make sure Roy (30) and Morrow (35) were not on the roster next year. Both took valuable ice time from some young guns that could have contributed and maybe even scored a goal or two. Both were a huge disappointment in the playoffs. Weren't they both here for "leadership"? Berglund is not old but he has been a huge disappointment. He came back from the Olympics and looked like the player we all know he can be, for about 2 weeks. Then, as usual for him, he disappears for weeks at a time.

I don't have that big of an issue with the "D". The bigger issue was lack of scoring and a goaltender that can stand on his head once in a while.

I will have to do some digging but I think the Blues are fine, with regards to the cap. If they let the FA's walk, that are not producing and don't sign Miller, they have some room. And how much room do you need to bring up Rattie, Jaskin, etc...

I was a huge fan of Armstrong and Hitchcock but some of this has to fall on them. While some of the deals didn't pan out, you have to give credit for the ones that did. Even the Miller deal wasn't all bad. They found someone to take Stewart's contract and that has value. Moving Bishop may prove to be his worst deal. We'll see.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5